View Poll Results: Do you miss calls during data connections? (see first comment for details)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, but I always miss calls.

0 0%
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, not a single call missed.

10 71.43%
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, less than 25% of calls missed.

3 21.43%
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, 26%-50% of calls missed.

1 7.14%
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, 51%-75% of calls missed.

0 0%
  • I allow voice calls during data connections, almost all calls are missed, a few get in.

0 0%
  • I don't allow voice calls during data connections.

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    First, this poll and thread is not for you if you have the option set to block calls during data connections.

First go into Settings -> Phone -> select the services tab and click "Data Settings". In there, the option that says "Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session." should be UNCHECKED if you are participating in the poll for any option other than "I don't allow voice calls during data connections."

I have the option unchecked and I've always received calls during data connections. Can't say I've had a missed call yet. But some say they've missed calls with the option unchecked. So let's tally what's going on.
    interesting, i always had the feeling that i missed calls when there's a data connection because i missed a call few times. i knew this because i would get a voicemail right after it connected. i couldnt replicate it though when i tried.
    Doesn't this only work if you are in an EVDO area? 1x networks don't get this feature?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Doesn't this only work if you are in an EVDO area? 1x networks don't get this feature?
    I don't know if that's the differentiating factor in all of this, but I've only been making data connections in and live in an EVDO area.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    correct: if using 1x (non-EvDO) all calls get bounced to Voice Mail automatically if you have an active data connection at the time of call

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    I guess it would have been good to mention EVDO in the poll, but even without mentioning it, it appears most people are getting their calls.