1.    #1  
    If you go into Programs -> My Treo, select Menu (that's the right softkey) -> Device Information, is some of the information in your Software and Hardware Version fields garbled?

Maybe something I've installed has made it garbled there, but I can get the same information doing ##786# and it comes up clearly in the RTN data.

So I'm wondering if I've done something to mess the values up in My Treo's Device Information or if everyone's is messed up ?
    Yes, everything looks normal except in the software field. It lists the version: Treo800w-1.03? and then it lists 2 fields with a bunch of different symbols, I guess you could call them "garbled."

I'm wondering if the USB update could have been the cause or if it came out of the box like that.

I'm not too worried about it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Yes, everything looks normal except in the software field. It lists the version: Treo800w-1.03? and then it lists 2 fields with a bunch of different symbols, I guess you could call them "garbled."

I'm wondering if the USB update could have been the cause or if it came out of the box like that.

I'm not too worried about it.
    Yea so you're seeing it too. I don't know if/when I checked before, but I don't recall it being like that before the USB update. (Assuming I did look at it some time before installing that.)

I'm not too worried either, but just found it odd. Hoping no software uses the values from there for anything.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Mine is same...Weird
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Same here, since day 1 & before any updates.
    I was able to decode mine... "John has a long moustahe". Mean anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    I was able to decode mine... "John has a long moustahe". Mean anything?
    Really? mine says: "Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
    Mine has been that way since day one.
  9.    #9  
    OK, so I guess it's always been that way and I just got around to seeing what is in "My Treo" .