1.    #1  
    Looking for a leather case for my 700wx.

I basically want a leather flip case with plastic to cover over the keyboard/d-pad etc. I can't seem to find anything except one made by Krusell (called the Handit) but even then I'm not 100% there is anything over the keyboard.

Some pictures of this product show a keyboard cover, others do not, hard to say.

Does anyone know of such a product. Sorry I can't post links, I need more posts
  2.    #2  
    I should add, do you guys think it's important to get a case that protects the keyboard?
    I love this case...

http://store.treocentral.com/sena-ca...e/4A20A850.htm

Access to everything. Good looking. Doesn't interfere with any operation. Stays on all the time (except battery changes).

I don't like plastic over the keypad. Inhibits use.

-Frank
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Frank for your reply! I will take a closer look at that one. I was just looking for something that offers decent front protection. Tough decision (cases always are for me)
    My 600 lived in a silicon case that covered everything but the screen and there was no interference with the keys. Made contact with the keys more secure.
    I had a case similar to this - the problem I had with those that had the plastic across the screen was sensitivity in the lower, upper and side areas of the screen - basically meaning the stylus was useless. As for the key pad, no complaints there. I eventually cut the screen cover out.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the response Bclinger. Did the skin you have cover the entire keyboard as well? Haven't seen any of those?
  8.    #8  
    Ok down to the final decision: case with a flip cover, or not?

Thoughts, comments?

I am planning on carrying it on my hip and in my pocket depending on the day. Is the flip cover annoying?
    I so feel your pain. I finally gave up looking for a nice drop in holster that was durable with good looks. I prefer my phones vertical vs horizontal, but nothing that was a drop in was worth it. They all had something I didn't like. The Nutshell is the closest, but I don't like how the side stitching is flat stitched, making it bilge out. The stitching should have been on the inside in my opinion.

I ended up buying the horizontal Tumi case. It's actually very good, and protects the phone very well, I just hate it being horizontal.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    My 600 lived in a silicon case that covered everything but the screen and there was no interference with the keys. Made contact with the keys more secure.
    This.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks hellbro, anyone know of a pouch that will fit a treo with a skin on it? I am leaning towards the skin but need to be able to put it on my belt as well
  12.    #12  
    Tried to find a skin that covers keyboard as well since it sounds great, couldn't find it anywhere but verizon and they only have blue, bummer. Anyone know who makes these?
    I have used the Krussell case mentioned in the OP, and it is the best PDA/phone case I have ever owned!! It does cover the keypad (not really an important factor in my book, but it does cover them without inhibiting use), is very sturdy, and used a multi-dapt clip system that you can purchase adaptors on the main Krussell site to attach to different belt loops, clips, bike holders, car adaptors......

For $25 on ebay, it is more than worth it!!! I have had mine for two years, and it is still in fantastic shape, no tears, loose threads, or wear showing at all!!!!

The pouch for business cards is great (I keep a few I use a lot and a few sheets of paper....just in case) and it holds a couple extra memory cards (I keep media files on one, and a utility one for work).

All slots are snug even after a couple years, and I have no hesitation in looking for one for any device I move on to!!!!!

If interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/Krusell-Handit-L...QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. I have a skin on mine as well and it fits in the case fine....I will add the link if I can find it again LOL!!!

Found it: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

(A little expensive, and if I did it again, I would only have the Krussell, but I think this is the other item you were asking about!!!)
    Last edited by syrguy1969; 09/17/2008 at 04:06 PM.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I have used the Krussell case mentioned in the OP, and it is the best PDA/phone case I have ever owned!! It does cover the keypad (not really an important factor in my book, but it does cover them without inhibiting use), is very sturdy, and used a multi-dapt clip system that you can purchase adaptors on the main Krussell site to attach to different belt loops, clips, bike holders, car adaptors......
    Thanks man! I was hoping someone who would chime in with this case. Glad to hear it covers the keyboard. I've had a krusell before so I know they are good quality.

What did worry me about this case was the second "snap" on the top of the back of the case since it seems like it would be prone to coming unclipped. The last krusell I had for a different PDA, was much simpler and didn't have that; it was just a continuous piece of leather. Less to worry about, any feedback?
    Last edited by merlin2375; 09/17/2008 at 05:01 PM.
  15.    #15  
    This shows what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well...the snap on mine does come undone occasionally (not often though), but even when it does, it is hardly noticable, the leather hinge is still stiff on mine!! basically it doesn't really work too well as a stand like the picture seems to show (it does work, but it takes practice), it is more for opening up the camera for taking pictures, and quite honestly I usually take the wx out of the case to take pics.

17.    #17  
    Thanks syrguy for the information appreciate.

Do you find the Krusell case to be bulky or is it pretty reasonable?
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin2375 View Post
    Thanks syrguy for the information appreciate.

Do you find the Krusell case to be bulky or is it pretty reasonable?
    To be fair, it IS a bit on the bulky side, but when you compare it to the size of the wx itself, the width is relatively the same, but it is almost twice as thick. (keep in mind though I do have two memory cards in the slots, and cards + paper in the buisness card slot)

Overall, I don't think it is the most comfortable thing in the pocket, but unless your into tight pants, not un-doable!! The only thing to watch is taking corners walking, or carrying heavy things, you have to make sure you don't knock the phone, and break the clip!! (but the clips are cheap to replace from Krussell)