1.    #1  
    Help - Got a TREO 700 wx & want to install drivers for Palm Unoversal Wireless Keyboard for WM. My company does not allow Hot Sync via wired connection....we sync wirelessly. Any ideas how I can do this??

I'm thinking I could download to pc...put file on SD card & then insert card in treo....BUT where would I put the file...& would this work?

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I thought the wireless keyboards are for POS only? If not, couldn't you install the drivers via SD card?
  4.    #4  
    hey

Yes - available for both. See my post....that's what I was asking.
    How about loading Activesync on your home computer, (take the cable with) loading the keyboard drivers software there. You don't need to set up any profiles. You can cancel past the BS and just use it as a conduit to install stuff as long as the green icon is in the system tray.

Here's a link for the Activesync setup 4.5. msi installer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3d%3d#filelist

Sarge
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tip. Will explore...only concern is I already have a personal Treo with Palm system on my home pc...& do sync it...wouldn't want to mess up that process.
  7.    #7  
    Bump - Doesn't anyone have a solution? All tips appreciated!
  8.    #8  
    bump
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    It shouldn't mess up your Palm system at all. Just log on as a guest as suggested.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    By the way, do you have a link to the drivers? I have one of those keyboards and would like to try and make it work if I could. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Nevermind, found it on Palms website finally.
  12.    #12  
    any new info?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I think you should be able to put it on an SD card and run it from there, or email it to yourself and save it to the device.
  14.    #14  
    I tried downloading & unzipping it to a diectory on my SD Card titled Keyboard. (used my pc to download & unzip).

Then put the SD Card in my treo 700wx...went to programs, file manager..located the FILE within the directory.....& doesn't work. Says WM Cannot read this file type. So as I type this I wonder...does the cabled hotsynch convert the file to a wm format? Could I resolve by simply renaming the file extension?

This should be sooo simple....but frustrating. Even went to buy a BT keyboard, but found they also require a file to be loaded.

IDEAS??
    Easiest solution is to install at home...

You probably have to activesync the phone to get it to work. Depending on the version of Office that you have you should be able to just use what you already have and deal with it that way. Outlook and ActiveSync will let you have different "profiles" for different phones. I have Office Xp on mine and ActiveSync 4.5 and it works just fine. If I go to Outlook it will ask me what profile I want to access..

If you are not sure then make a new login profile and get that up and running then activesync from there. The reason why your file is not running is because it is setup to install off an ActiveSync NOT directly off a SD card.

You might be able to find a SD installable file at the support website for your keyboard but I am guessing creating a new login profile will be your easiest and safest bet...

Rodney