Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Bret69's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've read some threads, seen some Youtube videos, and heard how good Ultimate Launcher is, but I've also read that there is definitely a learning curve to use it. Is there a manual, or PDF, os something out there that explains what to expect when first installing it and what to do with it? I think I want it (it looks really cool), but I don't have any idea what I would be getting into. It would be great if someone would make a Youtube video on the basics after installing (or post some insight here)!
    Thanks...
  2. #2  
    I was in this same boat Friday of last week. I'll give you the same advice I give everyone, spend a day reading these threads and googling...see my waste of a Saturday thread below, there is a link to an excellent xda-developers site with a ton of resource links. It also helps, but is not necessary to have Real VGA, only because then you can see the whole configuration screens.

    Once you get the hang of it, it is actually very simple. It is essentially, create tabs, then create icons within the tabs. Really there isn't too much else to it, but admittedly it is a little work.

    That's my insight. Frankly, someone could probably write a whole book on this thing, but all the information is already out there...check out UL's page too, then English version has a couple walk-throughs.

    Once I decided to tackle it, it was the first app I was willing to pay for and after a couple serious hours with the trial, I paid up.
  3. Bootup's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret69 View Post
    I've read some threads, seen some Youtube videos, and heard how good Ultimate Launcher is, but I've also read that there is definitely a learning curve to use it. Is there a manual, or PDF, os something out there that explains what to expect when first installing it and what to do with it? I think I want it (it looks really cool), but I don't have any idea what I would be getting into. It would be great if someone would make a Youtube video on the basics after installing (or post some insight here)!
    Thanks...
    This is about the 3rd or 4th question on UL or Mobile Shell that you've asked in the past couple of days that has been answered on other threads.

    Without even doing a search here or PPCgeeks or XDA for the multiple threads discussing it, I just went to youtube and put in Ultimatelaunch for you.

    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

    The 2nd result is a tutorial. Took all of 5 seconds.
  4. Bret69's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #4  
    Thanks for the YouTube link Bootup. However, my question was not, "How do I go to Youtube and do a search for Ultimate Launcher". As I mentioned, I have seen those videos (apparently you have not). All of those videos (that I have seen) are results of Ultimate launch AFTER it has been set up. Even this "setup totorial" has already been setup , it just shows some settings to set to help keep it running smoothly! If you'd really like to help, point me to a specific video that shows how to SETUP UL and what to expect when it is 1st installed on the 800w - I think that one may take a little more than 5 seconds.
  5. #6  
    This may help a bit as well: http://www.sprintmogul.net/Forum/tab...s/Default.aspx and http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html (click on Quick Guide / FAQs)
  6. #7  
    I'm still trying to figure out how to put the tabs on the bottom. Someone said it was possible, but when I asked, no response except for someone else saying they were tyring to figure it out too.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to put the tabs on the bottom. Someone said it was possible, but when I asked, no response except for someone else saying they were tyring to figure it out too.
    Under Display there is an option for Tab headers position..if you are not using Real VGA, you may not be able to see this option....someone here may be able to tell you how to get to it anyway, but I do not know since I'm using the Real VGA....GL
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Under Display there is an option for Tab headers position..if you are not using Real VGA, you may not be able to see this option....someone here may be able to tell you how to get to it anyway, but I do not know since I'm using the Real VGA....GL
    Yes, it's one of the choices cut off on the standard dpi setting. If you have your tabs at the bottom, you could look in your .ini file to see where it is called out. Someone did that for me so I could fix the start page setting that is also cut off.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  9. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm telling you guys, if you havent tried RealVGA...It is the way to go!

    you know what they say: "If you ever go RealVGA..."
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  10. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #11  
    I tried RealVGA, it was nice but made everything so darn small I had a hard time reading while driving.


    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I'm telling you guys, if you havent tried RealVGA...It is the way to go!

    you know what they say: "If you ever go RealVGA..."
  11. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #12  
    Add this to the last entry under [Settings] in the UltimateLauncher.ini file.

    TitlePos = Bottom



    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Under Display there is an option for Tab headers position..if you are not using Real VGA, you may not be able to see this option....someone here may be able to tell you how to get to it anyway, but I do not know since I'm using the Real VGA....GL
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Add this to the last entry under [Settings] in the UltimateLauncher.ini file.

    TitlePos = Bottom
    Where exactly is this - I can't find it.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Add this to the last entry under [Settings] in the UltimateLauncher.ini file.

    TitlePos = Bottom

    Thanks!
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  14. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I tried RealVGA, it was nice but made everything so darn small I had a hard time reading while driving.
    This made me laugh out loud. It's like those beer bottles that don't have a twist off. How am I supposed to drink while I drive?
  15. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #16  
    EXACTLY!!! Not about the beer part, but when my alert goes off about a new email and I'm driving, it's a little hard to read the email and most times I have to wait till I get to me destination to read it, only to realize it was my customer emailing to cancel the call.

    I might reload it from scratch and give it another go. Did they ever fix the small keyboard and other bugs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    This made me laugh out loud. It's like those beer bottles that don't have a twist off. How am I supposed to drink while I drive?
  16. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    EXACTLY!!! Not about the beer part, but when my alert goes off about a new email and I'm driving, it's a little hard to read the email and most times I have to wait till I get to me destination to read it, only to realize it was my customer emailing to cancel the call.

    I might reload it from scratch and give it another go. Did they ever fix the small keyboard and other bugs?
    You can still adjust the text size in settings/display to make the today screen and outlook a bit bigger.
  17. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    You can still adjust the text size in settings/display to make the today screen and outlook a bit bigger.
    Exactly. Here is an email on my 800w using RealVGA and the text size in settings-screen set one notch above middle. Very readable:
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  18. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #19  
    Damn, I smell a full reset comming on...

Posting Permissions