Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    My 700wx automatically launches ActiveSync when I do a soft reset but even after I completely terminate the running of ActiveSync through the task manager I find it running mid day again. It starts up on its own. I can't imagine it has a large footprint so perhaps I shouldn't concern myself with it, but I just thought it was curious. Thanks!

Bill
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    You can set up a dummy server that will prevent the automatic connection. Check this linky @ AximSite http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/a...ht=fake+server
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks! Before I do this I was wondering what I do if I need to sync again. Is there a quick switch back I can use with this method to sync again and they reselect the fake server?

Thanks!
    Bill
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
    Thanks! Before I do this I was wondering what I do if I need to sync again. Is there a quick switch back I can use with this method to sync again and they reselect the fake server?

Thanks!
    Bill
    No need to do that. This fix doesn't stop you from being able to sync your device when needed. You may have to manually start the sync process once you connect your device, but that's about it.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Outstanding! I will take care of this today. Then AS will stop running itself and I can sync as I please.

Graciously,
    Bill
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hmph, this didn't do it! What info is necessary for the serve, domain, etc.?

Thanks!
    Bill
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    You're creating a dummy server, so the domain info, etc can be completely fictitious
    -Ernest Hemingway