1.    #1  
    Between myself, my wife and my dad, we have three treo 800w's.

My dad's locked up and i had to do a hard reset.

When i tried to reconnect his motorola H375 bluetooth headset, it asked for a password. It never used to ask for one and it doesn't ask for one on the other treo's.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Basically for most every BT device (every one I've ever know about at least) the password is always 0000.

So why do they even have the password? What's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So why do they even have the password? What's the point?
    You can blame the manufacturers and whiney people for that.

To create a secure pairing, a password should be used. This concept initially worked... until people didn't want to keep entering passwords. To get around this with an already live and working BT specification, manufacturers began to use the simplist password: 0000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You can blame the manufacturers and whiney people for that.

To create a secure pairing, a password should be used. This concept initially worked... until people didn't want to keep entering passwords. To get around this with an already live and working BT specification, manufacturers began to use the simplist password: 0000.
    That's what I suspected, but had no information to confirm.

Security for which everybody has the key.

And even if they used differing codes, they would be very generic and probably made freely available. Because people would complain they lost theirs and eventually the manufacturers would just post passwords online.

Getting a Universal TV remote to "pair" with your TV has better security when it comes to codes .
    Some use 1111 as well.