Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Currently I'm using my Treo750V with TomTom 6 and an external bluetooth GPS receiver. Does anybody know whether TomTom 6 will also work with Treo Pro and the internal GPS receiver and the increased screen resolution of 320*320?
    I also want to know this...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Am planning to do just that. Have TomTom 5 running on my TX at present, and also had it in HTC Advantage, but see no logical reason why it should not (version 6 also) work on the Pro.

Will add an application launch Icon in the Programs folder, then bingo!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Just copied my old TomTom 5 software from my TX's SD card to my Pro's MicroSD card.

- Product autoran as soon as inserted into Pro.
    - Entered the old Product Code when asked.
    - Activation started over the air (I held my breath afraid of rejection...)
    - Activation accepted and ran like a trooper!
    - Went outside to get a signal and got one after a short delay.

My old TX and TomTom bluetooth GPS could get a signal indoors, but not this baby. But still, all good!
    Simsim, is you TX = Palm TX (the Palm OS TX)? Thanks...
    Simsim, does your TomTom talks with a sexy voice? and how much it would cost to buy the TomTom software only? Thank you in advance...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Yeah, I meant the Palm TX PDA.

Worked fine in the Palm Pro. Though the screen is smaller the 320x320 image is really sharp, and the speaker is plenty loud enough.

I have it set to a British lady's voice. Sexy? Hmmm.... well... if you are in to stern school headmistress, then I guess yes you could say that :-)

To buy the software alone on memory card is quoted here as being 67 ($118)
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Also, I just installed TomTom 6 on the Treo Pro. It works fine. It works with internal GPS. It also gets fixes faster than the external bluetooth GPS receiver did with my 750. It looks much better with the 320x320 resolution.

G
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    any chance of posting pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    Also, I just installed TomTom 6 on the Treo Pro. It works fine. It works with internal GPS. It also gets fixes faster than the external bluetooth GPS receiver did with my 750. It looks much better with the 320x320 resolution.

G
    Yep, I noticed that too. I used TomTom 6 on my Wing with bluetooth external and usually took me about 1-2 minutes to get signal, this baby fired up and gt me a signal indoors in under a minute!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    TomTom6 works great on a Treo Pro. Just need to tell it that your GPS receiver is on COM4 and you're all set. The program does a great job of adapting to any screen size and resolution - I used the same executable on a Tilt, HP 910c and the Pro (all different resolutions or orientations) and all worked great.

I used a CAB file that was originally built for the Tilt - since the program installed to main memory I just copied the navigator folder from \Program Files to \Storage Card\Program Files (and modified the shortcut in the Start Menu).

Any previously purchased TomTom6 maps work great.

Just one more reason I love my Treo!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Which TomTom version does it need to be, as the Pro isn't listed yet? Any WM Treo, or just any WM device?

If I already have maps, am I able to buy Navigator by itself, the listed prices all seem to include maps?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    so many of u using tomtom, can someone explain how tp + tomtom works when phone call comes in? does it exit from tomtom display and switch to phone call screen? how about similar situation but garmin xt?
    thx
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    so many of u using tomtom, can someone explain how tp + tomtom works when phone call comes in? does it exit from tomtom display and switch to phone call screen? how about similar situation but garmin xt?
    thx
    Switches to call screen but TT6 keeps running in the background. You can manually switch back during the call if you want or, when the call is over, the device will switch back automatically after a few seconds.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amg212 View Post
    Switches to call screen but TT6 keeps running in the background. You can manually switch back during the call if you want or, when the call is over, the device will switch back automatically after a few seconds.
    oh man!! i dont know if this is wm or tomtom's prob? but this might be a deal breaker for me
    i rem when i used tomtom with att 8525 running wm 5, whenever call came in with tomtom running, 8525 picked up the call while tomtom display stayed on just no sound which is lot more practical in terms of using real gps and makes sense of having real gps on phone...

do any of u guys have any work around for this...this kinds defeats the gps purpose from my point of u..
    For the guys that have TT6 working on the Pro, did you have to call TT support to get a new activation code? When I flashed my Treo 750 from WM5 to WM6 and reinstalled TT6 I had to call to activate and get a new activation code.

Jose
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    oh man!! i dont know if this is wm or tomtom's prob? but this might be a deal breaker for me
    i rem when i used tomtom with att 8525 running wm 5, whenever call came in with tomtom running, 8525 picked up the call while tomtom display stayed on just no sound which is lot more practical in terms of using real gps and makes sense of having real gps on phone...

do any of u guys have any work around for this...this kinds defeats the gps purpose from my point of u..
    Pretty sure it is WM - but if anyone finds a fix, I'm intrested, too!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I installed TT6 on my Treo Pro and it appears to work fine, except after a period of time the WM title bar pops up at the top of the screen and seemingly halts TT. If I press and hold OK (task manager) and press Ok to exit, it returns to TT6. Any thoughts would be appreciated.. I'm new to WM.

TT6, software v6.030 (8320)

Thanks,
    Brian
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    if you're running TT and a call comes in, it brings up the call screen. you can simply hit OK and TT is running in the foreground.

It installed no problem for me. TT went on-line and got a new activation code automatically. I've used it for several days now and haven't noticed any problems.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asunners View Post
    if you're running TT and a call comes in, it brings up the call screen. you can simply hit OK and TT is running in the foreground.

It installed no problem for me. TT went on-line and got a new activation code automatically. I've used it for several days now and haven't noticed any problems.
    y can't treo pick up the call in the background and let TT screen in the foreground, just mute the voice directions? after u hang up, TT should start voice directions as usual! this worked perfectly on wm5 but something changed on wm6/6.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast