Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    I want the voicemail icons!
    +1 on that!

Ebag, Monkey is talking about the "voice mail buttons" in the speed dial options on previous Treos.

Select a speed dial to add/edit and under the "advanced" tab you can enable voice mail buttons and assign numbers to them which represent your voice mail system's command. For example, the trashcan icon is delete and is usually the number 7. If you enable the buttons and then click the trash can after using that speed dial slot, you delete the message easily without having to go down and hunt on the keyboard.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I have a treo pro and I'm really trying to get the 750 or 700w threaded sms version, do anyone know a crack for that version? I really like the palm 750 threaded sms version verses the newer one. Unless someone can tell me how i can create a "saved" folder for my sms and how i can stop text messages that are longer than 2 messages from coming in as a MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by buwnkle View Post
    I have a treo pro and I'm really trying to get the 750 or 700w threaded sms version, do anyone know a crack for that version? I really like the palm 750 threaded sms version verses the newer one. Unless someone can tell me how i can create a "saved" folder for my sms and how i can stop text messages that are longer than 2 messages from coming in as a MMS.
    there is a cab floating around. I don't think the mms works on it though. Let us know how you make out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    there is a cab floating around. I don't think the mms works on it though. Let us know how you make out.
    yea i've tried 2 cabs and none of them work correctly. it makes my texts extra extra small. I saw a site where i can edit the registry but I have NO clue how to do that. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    +1 on that!

Ebag, Monkey is talking about the "voice mail buttons" in the speed dial options on previous Treos.

Select a speed dial to add/edit and under the "advanced" tab you can enable voice mail buttons and assign numbers to them which represent your voice mail system's command. For example, the trashcan icon is delete and is usually the number 7. If you enable the buttons and then click the trash can after using that speed dial slot, you delete the message easily without having to go down and hunt on the keyboard.
    I have the cab for the voicemail icons. They work when you press them on the screen, but pressing the center button doesn't work. On my old 700w, when you press the button it calls the speed dial number. When you hold it down, a menu comes up that allows you to call other numbers in that contact, send a text message or goto other speed dial options. Getting all that functionality back would be great. The voicemail buttons were great too if you used them. Different voicemail systems use different numbers to save or delete etc....for example my personal voicemail uses #7 to delete while my work voicemail uses #3. With the buttons, you can assign the trash can icon to delete voicemails and it would record specifically which number to hit depending on which voicemail number you called. Gotta love that special sauce! Also, I miss the menu softkey that allows you to quickly get to contacts, dial pad, call log, speed dial options and preferences. I would love to have that back. Other features I'd like to have back:
    1. Contact Search by Phone Number
    2. Add New Sound in Sounds & Notifications(activates sound recorder)
    3. Palm Threaded SMS(I have the cab but MMS doesn't work)
    4. Call button pulled up quick menu of last 10 calls. Center button then dialed the number.
    Hmm....for voicemail icons I would need to port Active Call......probably the speed dial to go along with it....

Maybe I'll work on it this Sunday.
    While your at it maybe you can bring back the pic dialing? Todayspeedial works ok but larger pics would be nicer for those of us with huge fingers.
    The picture speed dials? I'll see what I can do.
    Cool!!
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    No, the Tre Pro has removed the Palm photo speed dial plug-in.

For users who really want this, you can purchase a third party program like SPB Phone Suite.
    I wonder whether there are any other apps for WM 6.1 (Treo Pro) that do speed dial, particularly without pictures (I don't care about pix, just names will do fine).
    Quote Originally Posted by eatonjb View Post
    you can use the HTC VGA plug it, it has a nice speed dial option, or there is this

a hack from the 750 if i am correct, i used it, it was ok.. i like the HTC Home better
    I tried the todayspeeddial.cab - it seemed to install successfully, but I'm not detecting that it accomplished anything. What should I know about making it do something better than the built-in Treo Pro dialer/speed-dialer?

And where is the HTC VGA plug-in, please?
    Is there a way I can create a folder in sms to move different text messages to specific folders like in the WM5 sms.

For example if i get an text message with an address i would want to save for later where do i save it to?

It does offer the option save to sim but it doesnt allow you to save/move to a folder. Any suggestions?
    buwnkle is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12