Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    How's it coming gents?
    sMMS has been working flawlessly and is really an easy-to-use program. If you need Sprint Picture Mail on your Treo 800w are uncomfortable with regedits and tweaks, or you still aren't able to get the beta version to work, I highly recommend going here and getting this.

Great program and a simple solution for $5.

P.S. -- Attempted to post a link but this is a restriction under 10 posts. Someone else may want to post a link to the ppc forum page to get it.
    ...in the game of thrones, you win or you die.
    As a Treo 800w user AND a new Diamond owner maybe I can help y'all. I use sMMS on my Treo and it works flawlessly. Igot my Diamond yesterday; out of the box I was getting the G66 error that shows up when you try and use the Diamond mms .cab. Turned out to be a problem with having no data connection. Once that was solved, the app worked as designed; hopefully that will help someone figure out how to get it to work on the 800w.

Now the bad news. It makes it somewhat easier to send picmail, but when you receive a picmail it still requires you to click on a link to view it. So it doesn't "intercept" like the sMMS app does.

So im my opinion sMMS is far superior and since it only requires a $5 "donation" to get the "no nag" version, I'm going to add it to my Diamond and shelve using the native pic mail.

HTC and Sprint should have ponied up the $$$ to Someguys for access to sMMS.

Hope this helps somebody make a decision on which way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    sMMS has been working flawlessly and is really an easy-to-use program. If you need Sprint Picture Mail on your Treo 800w are uncomfortable with regedits and tweaks, or you still aren't able to get the beta version to work, I highly recommend going here and getting this.

Great program and a simple solution for $5.

P.S. -- Attempted to post a link but this is a restriction under 10 posts. Someone else may want to post a link to the ppc forum page to get it.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    As a Treo 800w user AND a new Diamond owner maybe I can help y'all. I use sMMS on my Treo and it works flawlessly. Igot my Diamond yesterday; out of the box I was getting the G66 error that shows up when you try and use the Diamond mms .cab. Turned out to be a problem with having no data connection. Once that was solved, the app worked as designed; hopefully that will help someone figure out how to get it to work on the 800w.

Now the bad news. It makes it somewhat easier to send picmail, but when you receive a picmail it still requires you to click on a link to view it. So it doesn't "intercept" like the sMMS app does.

So im my opinion sMMS is far superior and since it only requires a $5 "donation" to get the "no nag" version, I'm going to add it to my Diamond and shelve using the native pic mail.

HTC and Sprint should have ponied up the $$$ to Someguys for access to sMMS.

Hope this helps somebody make a decision on which way to go.
    That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the confirmation.

Guess the grass ain't always greener...

Case closed on this one. Use sMMS isntead.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sprint has always done their PicMail that way. You always have to click the link to get your pic. Not sure why they want everyone doing that but I certainly prefer the sMMS intercept method better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I must be missing something, but I can't figure out why you need this?
    What's wrong with just attaching the picture to an email in Outllok?
    By that logic you don't see a need for messaging at all.

funny since it is the fastest growing use on cell phones
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    By that logic you don't see a need for messaging at all.

funny since it is the fastest growing use on cell phones
    So does sMMS integrate into pOutlook or is it standalone?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Stand alone...but works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Stand alone...but works great!
    How unfortunate...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Will sMMs still work when sprint stops their mail service in Jan?
    Quote Originally Posted by lostyears@comcast.ne View Post
    Will sMMs still work when sprint stops their mail service in Jan?
    yes. smms uses the picture mail site, not pcs mail.
    I use sMMs, and find it to be awesome! My only complaint is when you try to reply to an MMS with text, but that's just an issue with Spring Picture Mail not being "true" MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the confirmation.

Guess the grass ain't always greener...

Case closed on this one. Use sMMS isntead.
    It seems I mispoke on this issue. Many of the Diamonds did not have properly functioning pic mail out of the box. Even those of us coming from phones with active picture mail. I had Sprint Advanced Tech Support on the phone for 40+ minutes. They cleared my old Pic Mail account and reprovisioned my Diamond over the air and now it works as designed for the Diamond... NO MORE LINKS!

Its kinda funky as it acts like Threaded Text only with pictures. To send you access it under the account picker in Poutlook. When a new picmail is received it places a camera icon on the header on the screen simular to when you get a text or email alert. You can access the received picmail from the account picker or from the Mail icon in TF3d.

As far as ease of use... sMMS all the way. I will continue to use the native app on the Diamond because its already there, but I'm sticking with sMMS on my 800w.
    Quick Q.... Can you send & receive VIDEO messages like MMS on a GSM phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rasp View Post
    Quick Q.... Can you send & receive VIDEO messages like MMS on a GSM phone?
    Sprint Picture Mail doesnt support video.
    Or atleast sending videos I guess. I was always able to view videos via web link and more importantly, I was always able to view them within the sMMS app. I guess you just can't send them.
    So where does this sit, anyone get it to work?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    I'm curious about this as well. With the Touch Pro being released in less than a week, is there any hope that someone may be able to pull something off that device?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast