1.    #1  
    Well my 30 days for this samsung instinct are up tommorow and im considering to upgrade to the treo w800 but not sure if it will be worth the extra money.
    What would you guys recomment?
    Depends - do you want the ability to sync your contacts with your computer (something you can't do on the Instinct) and have the ability to add 3rd party apps (something that is not available for the Instinct)?
    the key board .... big plus
    I played with an Instinct the other day because my kid wants one. Personally, I think its apples and oranges. The Instinct seemed cool, but I need my phone for more than just internet and music. It seems perfect for my teenage son however....so it really depends what you want from a device.
    The Instinct is a pseudo-smartphone. In fact, I'm pretty sure Samsung and Sprint only try to pass it off as a smartphone because some genius at Apple thought it would be cool to call their iPhone a smartphone in order to capture the people who don't need a true smartphone, but want to sound cool and say they have one anyway.

The 800w is a true smartphone.

Take your pick. If you want more productivity (editing Office files on the fly, being able to type out emails faster because of the real keyboard, managing just about every aspect of your contacts that you can think of, etc.), then go with the 800w. If you just need the internet and the music, and want the "cool" effect (or as I call it, the "I'm a spoiled bratty teenager" effect), then go with the Instinct.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Freak4Dell, you hit it on the head there about the smartphone description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    The Instinct is a pseudo-smartphone. In fact, I'm pretty sure Samsung and Sprint only try to pass it off as a smartphone because some genius at Apple thought it would be cool to call their iPhone a smartphone in order to capture the people who don't need a true smartphone, but want to sound cool and say they have one anyway.

The 800w is a true smartphone.

... (or as I call it, the "I'm a spoiled bratty teenager" effect), then go with the Instinct.

While I played with the Instinct, the Sprint guy was quick to point out that it was not a smartphone and noted he has had many returns because people thought that is what they were getting....

And my teenager is a bit spoiled, becoming a punk, and about to smarta$$ his way right out of the phone. As I told the clerk in response to his smartphone comment, "it's okay, it's not for a smartkid".
    Quote Originally Posted by xPSYCHOTRONx View Post
    Well my 30 days for this samsung instinct are up tommorow and im considering to upgrade to the treo w800 but not sure if it will be worth the extra money.
    What would you guys recomment?
    the 800 is the best ppc i ever owned. with a little tweaking it rocks.........
  9.    #9  
    well when you said the instinct has music that mean you cant listen to mp3s on the treo? or do you mean the sprint music store?
    Also have devs for 3rd party apps begin supporting the new resolution on this phone?
    Will i be able to run the new opera on it? I know these are prolly in this forum but im at work atm and cant waste too much time hehe.
    Opera, Skyfire - works on the 800w.

Music - works on the 800w.
    It doesn't mean that you can't play music on the 800w. You can, and you can play videos, too. It's just that the Instinct really focuses on being a media phone, while the 800w does so much more.

Yes, Opera works on the 800w. Opera Mini should work, too, and I personally like Mini better than Mobile.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w