Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just don't see the appeal.

Since itís a Palm device and Palm does not give a frack about us I'm not feeling this. Also, to add to that this device uses windows mobile only. "So let me see, Humm?Ē Samsung i900, HTC tilt, HTC Diamond or any one of hundreds of other Windows mobile powered phones that have been on the market for a while or this?

Am I missing something? Am I supposed to ignore larger screens and crappy camera specs just because palm finally added Wi-Fi to a phone?

convince me if you can.
    I think the main appeal is the basic Treo form factor: non-virtual qwerty kb without the pain in the neck of a slider. For folks who like that basic concept, it's thin and (in the opinion of many) purty.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    larger screens and crappy camera specs
    Larger screens, yes. Most of them, though, are still lower resolution.

Camera... how many phones out there actually have decent cameras? And from the reviews I've read, the Pro's camera may not be great, though it is serviceable.

You have that Camaro in your picture/video clip... for some people, the vehicle of choice might be a Jeep. Or a bigger SUV for hauling stuff around. Or a Prius. One size does not fit all.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Why the Pro? Because you need Windows Mobile and value good quality integration of hardware and operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    You have that Camaro in your picture/video clip...
    LOL, that might sting a bit...
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Ha,,,,,,, I dont think that was on purpose,,,,,,,,, Some may say there isnt much difference between a Vet and a Camero and some may say there isnt much difference between the 750 and Treo Pro but I think it is a nice upgrade. 100 megs for storage, 65 megs to run progs, 320X320 flush screen, GPS and the wonderful, wonderful, portrait hard KB. It wins in my opinion and thats why I kicked out a little extra. I've had the Tilt and seriously considered the Touch Pro but they just don't compare to a palm KB for me!
    bcoz iphone sucks! (except the beauty of screen and huge memory)..
    The form factor and different palm tweaks (even if they don't have as many as the older WM Treos).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    LOL, that might sting a bit...

Nah. I have driven them both.

I guess the only thing palm has going for it at the moment is its screen
    But only in regards to viewing in direct sunlight. Both Samsung & Htc have failed miserably in this regard.

I think my biggest problem is I love Palm OS even if itís dated Itís still my favorite mobile OS. Sadly to say the closest thing out there to it is the iPhone but it rather go for Windows than live with the hassles of Apple products.
    No offense, but what's the point of this post? You've obviously already made up your mind that you aren't interested in the product, so why bother asking?

But since I've already begun a reply, I might as well give my two cents. For most of us, the reason we buy Palm phones is because we like the form factor of having a front-facing QWERTY; yes, GSM has had a few front-facing QWERTY Windows Mobile Pro phones that are much nicer than the Treo's have been in the past, but there are no other alternatives for people on CDMA carriers.
    Form factor, one-handed device, WiFi, GPS, up to 32GB microSD space, Windows Mobile 6.1, 1500maH battery, 320x320 resolution, full QWERTY keyboard, no carrier lock, Bluetooth + EDR...oh man, my hand is getting tired...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

the design is nice. i will give you that. the specs are not that bad if the phone were coming out last year. the one glimmer of hope that palm has for this touch pro is the dated design that people have fallen in love with. Specs are ok on this device, the touch pro and touch hd are much better, but the diehard palm people still will go for the treo pro.
    Last edited by Thunder God; 09/14/2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: wrong model #
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I like the Touch Pro too(that's the Touch Diamond design with a physical keyboard, right?), but the Treo Pro is actually the first Treo to get me interested in Palm again. The form factor is great for text and email, and the new design is quite attractive for a Treo. They finally caught up, LOL! Decisions, decisions. My 8525 is looking so old now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    Specs are ok on this device, the touch pro and touch hd are much better, but the diehard palm people still will go for the treo pro.
    I'm not sure it's not just die-hard palm fans. Some folks won't like the slide-out or virtual keyboards, and this is another option.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Does anybody really think we buy the treo because we're 'die-hard' palm fans.
    Palm may let us down, more often than I appreciate, but we buy what meets our needs, and the treo does it better than others.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    the design is nice. i will give you that. the specs are not that bad if the phone were coming out last year. the one glimmer of hope that palm has for this touch pro is the dated design that people have fallen in love with. Specs are ok on this device, the touch pro and touch hd are much better, but the diehard palm people still will go for the treo pro.
    I don't see how an efficient design can ever become dated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I don't see how an efficient design can ever become dated.
    I wonder about that, too. When I hear that the Treo is "dated", I wonder if people really just want something different and sexier? It seems that the front-facing KB is a really efficient design, and each successive version upgraded that basic concept: eliminating the antenna, making it thinner, adding WiFi and GPS, faster network, etc.

There's only so many ways to change it, and I really like the basic Treo design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Nah. I have driven them both.
    Good for you. I get a bit annoyed when someone calls my Lotus a Miata, but I have to keep in mind that not all folks are car-buffs.

Anyhow, to stay on topic...I prefer the Treo Pro for the static keyboard and the small size. I have owned PDAs with slide-out keyboards and PDAS that are keyboardless/touch-screen-only, and the most efficient design for me is that of the Treo. As for operating systems, both Windows Mobile and Palm OS have their strengths and weaknesses, but I really prefer the multitasking of WM. I currently use a Centro, and I am hoping the Pro will be a nice upgrade.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Treo Dated?

Treo Form factor dated?

Change the form factor to something other than what treo lovers like?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I wonder about that, too. When I hear that the Treo is "dated", I wonder if people really just want something different and sexier? It seems that the front-facing KB is a really efficient design, and each successive version upgraded that basic concept: eliminating the antenna, making it thinner, adding WiFi and GPS, faster network, etc.

There's only so many ways to change it, and I really like the basic Treo design.
    Right on. Obviously thunder god doesn't realize that iPhone clones don't make a design any "fresher." We've had all touchscreen devices for quite some time now. Onscreen keyboards on a 2.8" screen are an exercise in frustration. But to each their own.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast