1.    #1  
    When I was rocking a Treo 650 or 700p I never saw another one in the wild. When I switched to a Mogul I never saw these either.

Now that I have an 800w I am seeing 700p/wx/w's and Moguls everywhere, but no 800w's.

I just ordered a Diamond to go along side my 800w.

Do I have a "must have the latest" problem?

Yes I do!

That is all.
    I'm with you.....virtually all of my colleagues have Treos or Blackberry Curves, but I've never run across anyone else with an 800w. It's cool to be on the bleeding edge!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    I just ordered a Diamond to go along side my 800w.
    You use two phones? Do you bug Sprint to give your the discounts or do you pay in full?
    I stood next to someone using his 800w at a concert a few days ago. I pulled mine out and we had a tiny Treo party...which consisted of both of us ignoring each other.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm with you.....virtually all of my colleagues have Treos or Blackberry Curves, but I've never run across anyone else with an 800w. It's cool to be on the bleeding edge!
    Yea, until you need a 3.5 audio adapter

...which consisted of both of us ignoring each other.
    LMAO!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You use two phones? Do you bug Sprint to give your the discounts or do you pay in full?
    I actually have 5 lines of service with Sprint sharing 2500 minutes a month, unlimited data, text and picture mail for about $90 dollars a month.
    Been with Srint 10 years, never missed a bill, update to new phones regularly and never ask for rediculous discounts on phones, and I have reffered in excess of 50 people to Sprint.

I have'nt been into a b&m Sprint store in 3 years; i strictly deal with Ecare, Retentions or the Sprint website.

I have had a few billing issues over the years but nothing major that politeness and patientce did not resolve.

I am a Sprint fan but not a "Fanboy".
    yup, every1 has 700p/w's but rarely do i see a 800w. i saw 1 guy with an 800w at a chinese resteraunt i went to for lunch a couple weeks ago
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    Yea, until you need a 3.5 audio adapter

LMAO!!
    I just use a BT - I've never needed a 3.5 adapter.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I just use a BT - I've never needed a 3.5 adapter.
    I use a Sony/Ericsson BT with the little dongle that hangs around your neck. Works great with P Tunes... you can control volume, Pause/Start and advance thru songs without ever touching the 800w.
    can you post a link to the BT head set.... i am looking for one more
    I love this one - Jabra BT8010 (converts from mono to stereo):

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32327768.html
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    can you post a link to the BT head set.... i am looking for one more
    It's a Sony HBH DS-980. It's actually the second Sony one I've had - I had an earlier model and upgraded to this one. As the poster above said, it's SO awesome for both music AND phone (the phone part is always the challenge, I've found).

Link:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...80?cc=US&lc=en

And I'll say again - I really love these.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    I use a Sony/Ericsson BT with the little dongle that hangs around your neck. Works great with P Tunes... you can control volume, Pause/Start and advance thru songs without ever touching the 800w.
    I have the same BT, but are you able to handle phone calls with the thing?

I was able to on my Dash and Blackberry, but not with the 800w.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    yea man same here. I bought the 800w the day it was released. Im tempted to get the Diamond. My wife has a Centro. I might just upgrade her to the Diamond and wait to see what else comes out for the hollidays. I have never seen any one with an 800w in the wild either. Now that I no longer use my 700wx I see it all the time.
    I had that problem at one point, but then I got a hold of a 700wx, and it went away...partly because there wasn't anything better out (IMO, and on Sprint), and partly because it costs a lot more to have the latest PDA phone than it does to have the latest dumbphone.

I still haven't gotten an 800w (stupid credit card bill needs to get paid off first...almost there).
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    I have the same BT, but are you able to handle phone calls with the thing?

I was able to on my Dash and Blackberry, but not with the 800w.
    I rarely use it for phone calls, but it does work for me. Make sure after you pair it up that you go to "Advanced" and select both "Wireless Stereo" and "Hands Free". You're supposed to be able to access your "phone book" with them, I've never tried it on my 800w but it works on my Mogul.

I use them for PTunes and Kinoma player, they do not control Kinoma other than for volume.

They're especially handy for me listening to music on the Washington Metro as there have been a lot of "snatch and run" robberies of Ipods and such. The crooks are snatching the devices out of peoples hands (while tethered to wired headsets) and running off of the train as the door closes. With the Sonny's I never have to take the 800w out of my pocket.

They could of course snatch the Sony's from around my neck, but I'd rather lose a $100 bluetooth than my 800w. Its unlikely they'd succeed in getting away, after 10 years as an LEO and current employment in "Corporate Security" for a Capital Hill law firm, I have a few surprises for any low life trying to rob me. LOL