1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where I can get a free AIM software that uses data instead of text messages?

And also, I read from this forum that you can use any unlimited data plans instead of the PDA Personal ($30 a month). Is that true? The posts i read it from were from 2007 and I think they have new plans now. The only alternative plan I see is the media.net unlimited, and it doesn't say it includes internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaniong View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a free AIM software that uses data instead of text messages?
    Would the included MS Live Messenger work for that?

And also, I read from this forum that you can use any unlimited data plans instead of the PDA Personal ($30 a month). Is that true? The posts i read it from were from 2007 and I think they have new plans now. The only alternative plan I see is the media.net unlimited, and it doesn't say it includes internet.
    Att wants you to use PDA personal, because they assume us PDA guys will use more data. Which I think is a bunch of crap, People with media net and a 3g LG may just as easily use more data than me.

Alot of people on these forums are grandfathered into the media net plan.
    Some say you can add media net to your plan as long as ATT doesn't know you have what they call a pda.

Media net is internet.
    Media net is data, pda pesonal is data, data is data.
    Just call me Berd.

I picked up medianet 2.5 years ago when I had a 650. I kept it even when I upgraded to a 750. Well that was until I had a problem with text message and called support about a month ago. They had me read them the IME on the phone. They said my problem was the wrong media plan and that I needed to have a data plan. Found it strange because neither plans have a damn thing to do with a texting package because texting was extra. Anyway their little finding didn't help my problem with message. I'm paying $10 extra month now and I had to do a hard reset to fix my messaging myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyw View Post
    I picked up medianet 2.5 years ago when I had a 650. I kept it even when I upgraded to a 750. Well that was until I had a problem with text message and called support about a month ago. They had me read them the IME on the phone. They said my problem was the wrong media plan and that I needed to have a data plan. Found it strange because neither plans have a damn thing to do with a texting package because texting was extra. Anyway their little finding didn't help my problem with message. I'm paying $10 extra month now and I had to do a hard reset to fix my messaging myself.
    Jerks
    Just call me Berd.