Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I started screwing with UltimateLaunch at 9:00am and had paid for it by 11:00 It's now 2pm and going into the office for a little extra work is out of the question as I now have to go through and replace all the stock icons with XP icons.

Now I must find more icons. I think I have most that have been posted here (and thanks to all of you for that)....is there a easy, free, way to make icons? I have some obscure freeware and I'm sure I won't find an icon for the periodic table app from 2005....any help on this would be appreciated.

UL rocks BTW. Can't believe I waited this long, much like the Real VGA, I guess I was just put off by learning it. The RVGA made it easier though because with it I can see the whole config screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    is there a easy, free, way to make icons? I have some obscure freeware and I'm sure I won't find an icon for the periodic table app from 2005....any help on this would be appreciated.
    For creating/modifying icons, I use IconFX (http://icofx.ro). I found more PNG files than ICO files on the net. So this site is also very useful: http://www.convertico.com.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    For creating/modifying icons, I use IconFX (http://icofx.ro). I found more PNG files than ICO files on the net. So this site is also very useful: http://www.convertico.com.
    Thanks...I'm sure I'll have more questions...off to waste some more time

Already have one...if I want to create a new icon based on the image of the old one, how might I import that image from the phone into IcoFX? Or do I have to start from scratch....
    Last edited by AS329; 09/13/2008 at 05:37 PM.
    You can use IconFX's import feature or you can simply copy and paste an image from another software (i use PaintShop Pro to modify them - though IconFX has some decent built-in image-enhancement features). Enjoy.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    You can use IconFX's import feature or you can simply copy and paste an image from another software (i use PaintShop Pro to modify them - though IconFX has some decent built-in image-enhancement features). Enjoy.
    And thanks again
    Isn't wasting time fun with this thing?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Though my wife thinks I'm nuts, yes it is. A few more icons and I'll be done...until next Saturday.
    Yeah. When I got the device I played heavily until I found a font problem between the today screen and application screens - I wanted one color of fonts on the today screen (a light colored jpg background with a black font) and on the application screen (black with a white font). Found I could not get what I wanted, so backed back down to a black today screen with a white font. That was 5 hours wasted. Otherwise, I have enjoyed using the device, much more than with the other WM devices I have had.
    I hate Ultimate Launch. It was cool at first until my Palm active call plugin just DISAPPEARED (I didn't even change any settings ). I did a restore (all previously mentioned registry edits did not work) and got everything working again. Then shortly later it did the same damn thing.

I've given up on it. Doesn't seem entirely stable IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    B. You're absolutely right.
    No matter how many times I say, "Okay...I'm all set. Time to move on to more important things." I'm able to squeeze in some ME time to keep modifying/adding/deleting/trialing...whatever, for my device.
    It's a freaking addiction! But I know I can stop anytime.
    I have to go home now...
    I wasted almost all my Saturday as well, once I discovered you could make custom icons out of your photo contacts and set them up on their own screen as speed dials (which is exactly what I've been trying to do since day one!). Now if I can only get said pictures a tad larger, I'll stop my mad customization.

...Not!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I hate Ultimate Launch. It was cool at first until my Palm active call plugin just DISAPPEARED (I didn't even change any settings ). I did a restore (all previously mentioned registry edits did not work) and got everything working again. Then shortly later it did the same damn thing.

I've given up on it. Doesn't seem entirely stable IMO.
    That's too bad, because when it works, it seems very cool. I have a good backup of pre-UL just in case though.....so far it seems stable and I went at it all day yesterday.

The only issue I have had isn't really related and maybe someone here has an idea. I don't use Excel often (just a spreadsheet of my gambling, like to show the wife I *make* money playing poker and blackjack - and yes I was up 28% this year until I lost my spreadsheet...) but I had a cool icon for Excel, so I threw it on my program screen.

However Excel is bad, from the icon, program menu and straight from clicking on it in FE...it just sits there forever and even if I can get the little windows working circle to go away, the phone is sluggish until a restart....probably best for another thread, but figured I'd ask.

And this is probably going to turn into a partially wasted Sunday (though with NFL Sunday Ticket, its gonna be hard to do anything but watch every football game in HD! )

Off to find more icons, I have discovered that I suck at making icons....
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Now I must find more icons. I think I have most that have been posted here (and thanks to all of you for that)....is there a easy, free, way to make icons? I have some obscure freeware and I'm sure I won't find an icon for the periodic table app from 2005....any help on this would be appreciated.
    Well I'll be a monkey's uncle....I did find an icon for Periodic Table.....

I hunted all day and found a bunch, Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to bookmark links, but I've downloaded a boatload from xda-developers and ppcgeeks...searches of Ultimate Launch there will get you plenty if you're looking.
    Has anyone figured out how to make the icons appear larger?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to make the icons appear larger?
    If you're talking about the program icons, then you go to "XP-Icon options" tab and increase the size value.
    I am, indeed, talking about the program icons. I have tried everything (or so it seems). I'm using the smart utilities plugin to make photo contact speed dials, but the icons are much smaller than I'd like. I created 48x48 icons. What size exactly am I increasing, and to what?
    UL will not display the icons larger than the original size no matter what you enter in the options. If you want them bigger than 48x48, you'll need to make them bigger than that and then change the setting in the options. You can however make them display smaller than original with the settings.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    I'll keep playing...when I tried making them larger than 48x48 I was getting error messages and they weren't showing at all.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I wasted almost all my Saturday as well, once I discovered you could make custom icons out of your photo contacts and set them up on their own screen as speed dials (which is exactly what I've been trying to do since day one!). Now if I can only get said pictures a tad larger, I'll stop my mad customization.

...Not!

Are you using the makecall.exe from the UL smartutilities? Just want to see if someone is using with success before I install it...have it running great and don't want a reset....thanks.

Also does anyone know what exe or ink I would link to if I wanted a UL icon for call log. I know I can get to it 15 different ways, but am looking to add more icons (addiction is a terrible thing )
    Yes I am using the makecall.exe from the UL smartutilities.

It's working great as a photo contact speed dial page...I just want the icons to be bigger. I'm wondering if the issue is actually that I can't get to the settings I need without switching to VGA - which I really don't want to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast