Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as it is made of plastic, someone claimed it is quite easy to get small cracks all over the body... not sure if any good solution of that.
    but it looks good and that's the mantra these days. Form over function..
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I think you'll find nearly all phones are plastic, or at least the areas around the antennae are.

I have a Nokia E61 which has a metal case, but the top and bottom sections (where the GSM and WiFi antennae are) are plastic trying to look like metal.
    Not every phone will form cracks like the iPhone.
    Most phone casings are made of plastics. What kind of plastics is the question. Usually phone manufacturer (Nokia et al) specifies a good blend of resin, but after-market casing maker often took a shortcut and use cheaper & usually a different kind of plastic resin.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Good solid feel and 'tough' plastic used. No squeaking and no flexing, even of the back cover when removed.

Leaves the Centro feeling quite embarrassed, the big softy!

The stylus size is a bit shameful, but I keep telling my Pro "Its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean"...
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    The stylus size is a bit shameful, but I keep telling my Pro "Its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean"...
    You can always use your fingers!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

That's why I love having a touch screen! Just use your fingers and no need for toys...
    I prefer original recipe.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    If you look at this link from another poster, then you'll see what a very used Treo Pro looks like. You're going to want to protect it - if you expect it to hold up over time.

http://www.treo8.com/bbs/viewthread....3D1#pid1540603
    Ai,
    It takes a long time to get this page, but it's worth the wait.

Nice pictures of details and the wear does show clearly indeed.

will order a sleeve + screen protector today, probably they will get here before the TP does
    Treo Pro Playtime
    I hate to be the one to point this out to any one. But That phone was most likely a test phone or a beta phone before it launched. Reason I say this is the "DVT Not for resale" on the label below the battery. That message is quite common on beta test items, and that kind of wear can be expected with those items also. But if thats the plastics that they will be using for the US launch of those phones then yes the screen protectors and casings would be good.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Well duh that's a test phone but the point is the same. Any phone that takes a beating will show wear. I think this one (because it's black) will show a lot of wear - moreso than usual. And no, they don't use 'special' plastics when making test devices. They want the same exact materials in order to see how the casing physically performs (ie. to prevent cracking, etc.)

My point was simple in that if you expect it to look "new" over time, then you'll require protection!
    I wasn't saying they use special plastics in test devices. I think I'd know as I am a computer technician and do a lot of hardware beta testing for Asus, CoolerMaster and Intel. I was just stating that it could be a plastics idea and then when they see the wear and tear they may swap it out for something more durable. Just like they do when it comes to PC Power Supplies, they choose a metal or interior components that they think can take a beating and heat. And when they start to degrade from testing purposes they revise it to another possibility. Thats all I was say, and there was no need to be a smart *** with the "well duh that's a test phone". I was just pointing it out is all.
    Bad news guys,
    i already have a small crack near the ringer switch. Mine is barely 2 weeks old. i am super careful user and i swear that i haven't dropped or knocked it anywhere.

The worst is, when i called and informed palm about this, they just don't want to accept it. they simply say since my set has a crack it will be considered as out of warranty set here after. i am so pissed off.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrishnamurthy View Post
    Bad news guys,
    i already have a small crack near the ringer switch. Mine is barely 2 weeks old. i am super careful user and i swear that i haven't dropped or knocked it anywhere.

The worst is, when i called and informed palm about this, they just don't want to accept it. they simply say since my set has a crack it will be considered as out of warranty set here after. i am so pissed off.
    crazy! Did you find a good case to protect it?
    That's why I want to get insurance that covers anything.
    I have a crack in my 750.
    I've dropped it 3-4 times.
    I'm hard on my phones.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    That's why I want to get insurance that covers anything.
    I have a crack in my 750.
    I've dropped it 3-4 times.
    I'm hard on my phones.
    you whip her every night?
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    crazy! Did you find a good case to protect it?
    I have a universal horizontal belt pouch, which i bought it for treo 750. i am using with it for time being.
    The crispy reporters prolly play intense games on their devices. All that intense thumb action cracks the case. Ive never had that kind of trouble with any device. I have seen some cracked up like and egg but I am sure they are just not careful. They probably put the phone in their back pocket and sit on them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast