Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is there a difference between TREO700wx-1.20-VZW (no space between TREO and 700) and TREO700WX-1.20-VZW? I have TREO700WX-1.02-VZW so based on the Palm website, I have to update to v1.22 first before I can get v1.24 (WM6)?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...6/verizon.html
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
    Last edited by ajlee7; 09/18/2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Is there a difference between TREO700wx-1.20-VZW fF(no space between REO and 700) and TREO700WX-1.20-VZW? I have TREO700W-1.02-VZW so based on the Palm website, I have to update to v1.22 first before I can get v1.24 (WM6)?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...6/verizon.html
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
    Here's what the website says...

--------------
    Look at the Software Version. What do you see?
    If your software version shows any of the following you are eligible to take this update:
    TREO700wx-1.20-VZW
    TREO700WX-1.22-VZW
    TREO700WX_-1.22-VZW
    TREO 700WX-1.20-VZW
    *(space between Treo and 700)
    TREO 700WX-1.22-VZW
    TREO 700WX_-1.22-VZW
    --------------------------

As far as I know, the "W" (like you have) is not supported with this upgrade at all. Only the "WX".

-Frank
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Frank-

I am asking a simple question whether there is a difference between 'wx' and 'WX'. Is there another forum I should be asking this question instead? Or is this forum too sophisticated to even bother to reply to less advanced questions!
    Last edited by ajlee7; 09/13/2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Frank-

I am asking a simple question whether there is a difference between 'wx' and 'WX'. Is there another forum I should be asking this question instead? Or this forum too sophisticated to even bother to reply to less advanced questions!
    No.. sorry... you did not ask that in your original post at all.

Here is what you asked...

Is there a difference between TREO700wx-1.20-VZW fF(no space between REO and 700) and TREO700WX-1.20-VZW?
    As the website says, there is clearly a difference in the case of wx/WX as well as the [space or not], hence the website reference like this:

--------------
    Look at the Software Version. What do you see?
    If your software version shows any of the following you are eligible to take this update:
    TREO700wx-1.20-VZW
    TREO700WX-1.22-VZW
    TREO700WX_-1.22-VZW
    TREO 700WX-1.20-VZW
    TREO 700WX-1.22-VZW
    TREO 700WX_-1.22-VZW
    --------------------------
    If you actually meant to ask "I am asking a simple question whether there is a difference between 'wx' and 'WX", that's what you should have said.

To answer that question, I would again point to the above quoted text which shows a difference.

To further complicate matters, you stated that you have only a "W".. as below:

I have TREO700W-1.02-VZW
    Your original post references a "space", but your counter-post references the case (i.e. wx vs. WX). What do you really mean?

Perhaps it would be good if you re-explained exactly what your question is and exactly what model phone and software version you are looking into upgrading.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi, thanks. You are right - I did not explain it in my original email. Thank you for your explanation.
    My first post. don't kill me...

I talked to Verizon tech support and as far as the WX and wx goes (capitalization) the versions are the same.

TREO700wx-1.20-VZW
    TREO700WX-1.20-VZW

are the same entity.

They said there is no version "TREO700WX-1.20-VZW"

They said that the capitalization is a non-issue and that I qualify for the upgrade.
    Forgot to mention that my version is the "WX" (caps). They say it's not an issue. When I get home I'll give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks. Looking forward with your results. I have the WX as well.