Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am a late- comer to this device, having tought many times about getting a 750, but never doing so until July.

I don't have it loaded down with a bunch of apps: just Slingbox, Microsoft Live Search, Sbp Pocket Plus and Slingplayer Mobile.

I must say, however, that it never crashes, has those Palm customizations that make life easier, and is quite mechanically sound.

It is far from the latest, but in many ways personal to me, it is one of the greatest and most practical smarphone/pocket pc/windows mobile device I have ever owned, and I have owned a few.

I cannot understand the webspace on the internet that has been dedicated to bashing and denigrating this device. So many seemed to absolutely hate it and suffer problems with it, particulary before the WM 6 ROM upgrade. All I can say is that I had no problems whatsoever.

My experience has been all positve. If I were writing a review of the device today, I think it would hold up well against newer devices. While they may have a faster processor and a bigger or better screen, their build quality is not going to be any better, nor are they doing to do any better job of the day to day tasks that I use the device to perform.

Am I getting a Treo Pro? You bet! Am I selling this device any time soon? Not a chance. I know that the reviewers are talking about all the improvements the Pro offers over the 750. Let's see if they are correct.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    Agreed. Many people at work have Blackberry's and think they are the bomb until they see my 750 and what all I can do with it that they can't. I'll probably go for the Pro too... but not right away.
    I also was late getting the 750.
    Everything is so stable now that all the early adopters (beta testers ) worked out all the bugs.
    And we got it a lot cheaper.
    I am going to try and hold out as long as I can on getting the pro.

I don't want to be someone who pays Palm to be a beta tester.
    Just call me Berd.
    I agree. It has a good build quality. I am also a late adapter.
    You know, I've been waiting to hear a reassuring response from a legit 750 owner/user...as I've been looking to get a smartphone from ATT along the lines of the Centro, 680 or 750 (or if I switch to Sprint the 800w). But as you allude to there are many 750 bashers around, and has thus far scared me off. Now I'm a little less nervous about getting it.

So thank you for the comment, and apparently there are some others who agree! (Still wish the screen resolution went beyond 240 x 240, but most have said that that's not too big a deal)
    I think a lot of the bashing was from those who came from POS.
    They loved their POS treo, wanted 3G, and so moved to the 750, and then found WM5 awkward.
    For some reason, I loved it and never looked back, I accepted WM with smiles.
    And 6.1 is rock solid.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I really agree with mobilelawyer. my best friend fred turned me on to the treo 750. he uses the 755p and refuses to use WM. but thank god he did turn me into the 750. I love this phone. I honestly wouldn't trade it for any other phone. not even the PRO. I love the form factor of these line of treo's (650, 750, 750v, and the 755). the new look of the PRO doesn't really appeal to me that much. I had it running WM5 when I purchased it in july. never had a problem with WM5. upgraded the ROM to WM6 and still haven't had a problem. I think I've only seen the reset button haven't used it yet. people do get amazed when I bust out this phone. being in college and all everyone has different phones, mostly BB, but the ones who do have treo know how to use them all the way and are on here as well. so for any of you guys that read through here and are still wondering if you should get the 750 or not cause the pro is almost out. buy the 750 first get familiarize with WM6 first. trust me the PRO looks like an awesome piece of machinery but it can cause first time WM6 users to give it bad reviews.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    guys,
    I'm glad you like your 750's! While I am still using mine and have for 2 years now it is not the stable phone you describe. My long use has shown it's deficiencies yet I continue to use it both out of no real competitors in form and functionality (not to mention cost!) I think everyone uses their phone differently. I have been a loyal Palm user since I was an early adopter of the 600. While I loved the Palm OS I realize that it is old and antiquated. I needed to move on. The WM6 OS is clumsy at best but I have learned to live with it. I have had need for resets and would say fairly often. I have a post currently running concerning email attachments that has had quite a few views but no offered solution as of yet. I still search for the next best thing but as of now the only phone I would consider getting instead is the Centro.
    Another Palm product but definetly a step back in technology IMO
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I like my 750 a lot. Very stable and very functional.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I rate the 750 the most useful mobile I have EVER had to date, I too am a late devotee having had mobiles in Australia almost since inception in Western Australia, about 1981, until the 750 I rated the Nokia 2310i the best for business use I had owned, long battery life etc.

While casually looking at new phones at my carriers shop I was having a bit of a think about a PDA phone not really knowing much about them, other than a couple of mates had earlier Palms.

The sales guy spoke to me asked what plan I was on, when told I wasn't contract he said I could have a 750 for free just go into contract (same price per month) for 24 months....Haven't looked back.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    I rate the 750 the most useful mobile I have EVER had to date, I too am a late devotee having had mobiles in Australia almost since inception in Western Australia, about 1981, until the 750 I rated the Nokia 2310i the best for business use I had owned, long battery life etc.

While casually looking at new phones at my carriers shop I was having a bit of a think about a PDA phone not really knowing much about them, other than a couple of mates had earlier Palms.

The sales guy spoke to me asked what plan I was on, when told I wasn't contract he said I could have a 750 for free just go into contract (same price per month) for 24 months....Haven't looked back.
    Interesting...I'll have to check in with ATT about this!
    I love my Treo 750, took a just a bit of getting used to from the 650 but none the less, it is GREAT.
    It took me quite a while to warm up to my 750. I recontracted my Nokia N80 (useless, crappy phone, built like a brick and about as useful as one...no...a brick is more useful) to get the 750 merely because it was a Palm branded PDA and phone combined. I loathed WM on sight. I loved the POS on my PDAs, and struggled with WM. I couldn't find applications to do what I'd done with my POS PDA's.

I eventually got a 600 off ebay, but it kept rebooting itself and my hair brushing against the antenna made the reception unbearable.
    Got a 650 from a friend, but it kept rebooting itself and was altogether unstable.
    Got a Centro, again rebooting itself randomly, dropping phone calls, and the POS platform just wasn't what I remembered it to be. Granted, I had Agendus and some favourite games back...but the GSM reception was dodgy, and a random reboot wasn't great for someone who travels alone like I do.

I sold my Centro (even though i loved it) after a couple of weeks and reluctantly went back to my 750. Intent (Hell bent more like it) on getting the most out of it, I upgraded to WM6 and spent hours looking for programs to replace my POS ones. I found Agendus for WM (I know, I'm a tad slow), and Style Tap allowed me to still use my free dictionaries and favourite games.

My 750 is now stable, running faster, capable of doing more than my POS devices ever did, AND it has fantastic reception running on the Next G network in rural areas, and Telstra finally updated their data plans so I pay $10 for 150Mb a month!

I am tempted by the Pro, but I do love my 750. I know what it can do, and the Pro may be buggy for a while. I think I'll be sticking with my 750 too, at least for the time being. It's by far the best phone I've ever owned, with the PDA functionality not too far behind.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by javajunkie80 View Post
    ...clip...

I am tempted by the Pro, but I do love my 750. I know what it can do, and the Pro may be buggy for a while. I think I'll be sticking with my 750 too, at least for the time being. It's by far the best phone I've ever owned, with the PDA functionality not too far behind.
    Similar thoughts.
    I want to wait until the pro is really circulating before I jump up.
    The 750 is giving me no reasons to be anxious.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hello, all.

I got my 750 in May. It is my first smartphone and treo experience. My friend has the 755p and was jokingly bashing WM6. I was hesitant on getting this phone because of WM, but seriously, i do not regret getting this phone at all. My main reason to get this phone was so that i could have the same phone as my friend with the 755p, but only in outside appearance as i really have no choice being on a GSM provider like T-Mobile. I love my 750 a lot. I've had to use the reset button only for instances when the red power button does not turn the screen off with keyguard (does anyone know why that happens?). I press the red power button and keyguard activates, but the screen stays on. Anyways, other than that instance, i have had no problem with it. I love how easy it makes my life with managing contacts, calendar appointments and functions, text messaging, and the fact that i can multi-task with it. The Pro's hardware would be sweet for the 750, but i totally love the 750's form. I am holding on to my 750 for as long as i can hold on to it.
    @godcmd, is your brightness level at least 40%? I am late to T750 also, but like it too. Miss the 650 keyboard & battery life though.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have better battery life with the 750 than the 650, especially after installing WM6.
    Well, I see at ATT website there are now available free refurbished 750's (as well as 680's) with a 2-year contract (an online deal only).

Now can I chance going for a FREE 750 refurbished and a 3 month warranty? This is mighty tempting...
    I had been giving the q9h a run for a few weeks because of the positive comments about fantastic reception.
    From my experience, I have to say now, that my 750 is as good if not a little better than the q9h.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm not jumping on a Treo Pro for $500. I'd rather wait for a subsidized price.

I'll stick with what I have for that much bread.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast