Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Arrived today with DHL!
    Congrats. Give us your take on it!
  3.    #3  
    I't still playing with it, but I really really like what I've seen so far. The exterior is really slick and it's very fast. I like that you can close an application by pressing and holding the x-button. I miss the smiley symbols in text messages...

The new buttons are very good!
    YaaaHoooo!

Now you get to stop what you're doing and answer all our questions.
    Just call me Berd.
    Bring on the info!!! Tell me everything!! So is in not a true black? Real obsidian is not as dark as a true black and has a touch of green.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Bring on the info!!! Tell me everything!! So is in not a true black? Real obsidian is not as dark as a true black and has a touch of green.
    I'm not 100% sure but it looks very black to me. Can't see any hints of green.
    Maybe they chose the name because its glossy like obsidian. Thanks.

1) I have been confused by screen shots and reports so can you tell me out of the box and after a reset how many megs of user available ROM and RAM?

2) And how does the kb tactile bounce compare to past treos?

3) Does the screen have a notable difference or is the upgrade from 240X240 to 320X320 no big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but it looks very black to me. Can't see any hints of green.
    pictures please
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    also plz clarify if the gps is standalone. turn off phone mode and then try gps.
    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    also plz clarify if the gps is standalone. turn off phone mode and then try gps.
    thx
    This is from the 'pre-ordered my treo' thread:

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    To test whether it is standalone, do a soft reset, don't turn the phone on, and try to use the GPS.
    In QuickGPS it says that you have to have and Internet connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, etc) to download the latest satellite data.

And Webraska: This application can make use of the following features of your device: - Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth-enabled GPS receiver - Making phone calls (cost incumbent upon you) - Making connections to the internet (cost incumbent upon you) - Reading existing information from your contact database.

So I guess they're not standalone, right?
    Just call me Berd.
    can you turn on your live cam for us? thus we can watch you using the treo lively and maybe you can show us all the stuff like GPS, mms or whatever?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Maybe they chose the name because its glossy like obsidian. Thanks.

1) I have been confused by screen shots and reports so can you tell me out of the box and after a reset how many megs of user available ROM and RAM?

2) And how does the kb tactile bounce compare to past treos?

3) Does the screen have a notable difference or is the upgrade from 240X240 to 320X320 no big deal?
    I didn't check the memory out of the box, but now - with no programs running:
    Storage
    Total: 105,55 MB
    In use: 49,46 MB
    Free: 56,09 MB

Program
    Total: 101,18 MB
    In use: 35,59 MB
    Free: 65,59 MB

I have 1 990 contacts and I always had memory issues with the 750.

I really liked the eggshaped keys on my 750 and 650 and the way the keys were curved. This keyboard is different with flat keys and straight rows but it takes no time to get used to. I also like the "feel" of the keys when you press them. And the new buttons for calendar, messages etc are great. You just have to hit "the general area" where they are, not "bulls eye". The new 5-way is also much better with the center button being much larger and flat and it looks much nicer - more like an elaborate logo than a 5-way.

The screen is clearer and crisper - at least to me. I've compared some views with the 750 and the Pro side by side.

And obviously the camera is so much better!
    How's reception compared to other phones you've owned?
    Just call me Berd.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How's reception compared to other phones you've owned?
    Very good - full blast so far, but you have to keep in mind that I'm on a 3G only network in central Stockholm. I'm visiting my parents in the countryside 300 km west of Stockholm today, and that'll be the real test. You drive through vasts forests and hilly terrain. And lot's of elks but I doubt they'll affect the reception.
    I didn't check the memory out of the box, but now - with no programs running:
    Storage
    Total: 105,55 MB
    In use: 49,46 MB
    Free: 56,09 MB

Program
    Total: 101,18 MB
    In use: 35,59 MB
    Free: 65,59 MB

I have 1 990 contacts and I always had memory issues with the 750.

I really liked the eggshaped keys on my 750 and 650 and the way the keys were curved. This keyboard is different with flat keys and straight rows but it takes no time to get used to. I also like the "feel" of the keys when you press them. And the new buttons for calendar, messages etc are great. You just have to hit "the general area" where they are, not "bulls eye". The new 5-way is also much better with the center button being much larger and flat and it looks much nicer - more like an elaborate logo than a 5-way.

The screen is clearer and crisper - at least to me. I've compared some views with the 750 and the Pro side by side.

And obviously the camera is so much better!
    Thanks for the info.......... I may cancel my order depending on this issue....... Several users swore that it had 100 MB user available storage memory. Can you guess what the user available storage memory was out of the box, 56 MB available is a deal breaker for me.
    That is surprising. My 800w has 117MB free with many programs already installed. Seems odd that the "Pro" would be limited in this area. Maybe they thought it was no big deal since you can add storage.
    @hannip, don't be confused. The Treo Pro is a HTC device masquerading as a Treo. Little of Palm's previous tweaks made it through. The RAM available is on a par with a HTC touch.
    Guys/Gals,
    Can anyone confirm what PDANEOPHYTE is saying? Why is Treo Pro a HTC device? Is it true? It is hard to believe that Palm would give up all the design etc and use a HTC device and rename it with Treo Pro. Does anyone have more detailed info? Thank you in advance...
    I gotta really take a look at where my applications are living. My 800W: storage free 54.26mb & program free 63.72mb. Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That is surprising. My 800w has 117MB free with many programs already installed. Seems odd that the "Pro" would be limited in this area. Maybe they thought it was no big deal since you can add storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Guys/Gals,
    Can anyone confirm what PDANEOPHYTE is saying? Why is Treo Pro a HTC device? Is it true? It is hard to believe that Palm would give up all the design etc and use a HTC device and rename it with Treo Pro. Does anyone have more detailed info? Thank you in advance...
    I think that the Treo Pro is half HTC, half Palm. I'm not sure why Palm decided to take out so many software enhancements
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast