Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I guess you could try AEButtons.
    You could set up the mail and calander buttons to work as default with one press and work as right and left softkeys with two presses.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    They should have atleast gave us a 'back'
    The menu you get in IE when touching and holding the screen does include a 'back' option.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    The menu you get in IE when touching and holding the screen does include a 'back' option.
    Mine doesn't, but you can just press the delete button (left arrow).

/Marianne
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    Well it's pretty clear to me, that far from adding the Palm "magic" they were so praised for on the 750, all they have done this time is take an off-the-shelf WM6.1 build from HTC and stuff it in an expanded Centro case. Strangely some reviews still talk of Palm's customisations, but I've yet to see any barring the centre-button keylock - but that's hardly a big deal (S2U2 blows it away anyway).

So far, the only thing 'Palm' about this device is the plastic Centro looks (which were probably Inventec's anyway), the toy-like jello-keyboard, and the name on the D-Pad. I appreciate that choice is limited in the US because of their peculiar cellular band allocations, which make the Treo's quad-GSM/tri-3G radio a big deal, but apart from that, it just seems to be another blackberry-style qwerty phone, with none of the added ingredients that gave previous Treos their USP and dedicated following.

Don't get me wrong, I have been a dedicated fan of the Treo line and its form factor, having owned all GSM versions since the 270. So am I being too harsh? Compared against similar devices like the i780, 503G, 8502, 914c and E71, is there anything on the Pro that should make me jump back to Palm?
    The screen lock, ringer switch, wifi button, Treo form factor, Google search from today are the enhancements from Palm that I know about. The photo speed dial and dialing from Today aren't very important to me.

They should have atleast gave us a 'back'
    Why not just use the backspace key on the keyboard??
    Well it looks like the softkeys missing isn't such a big deal after all.
    Well it looks like the softkeys missing isn't such a big deal after all.
    Just use Cellneuron's cab for the different keyboard shortcuts. For example, pressing "F" will allow you to go in and out of fullscreeen mode quite quickly without hassle. No need to keep pressing/holding on the screen or the dpad.
    DHL just dropped of a 1 GB microSD card from Palm. Funny, because there was no mention of it when I ordered the Pro.
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    DHL just dropped of a 1 GB microSD card from Palm. Funny, because there was no mention of it when I ordered the Pro.
    Wow, that's on "sale" at $15.98 inc shipping. What a bargain!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    The photo speed dial and dialing from Today aren't very important to me.
    If anyone does want the today plugin speed dials here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, I've just obtained a Treo Pro here in Australia. Aside from a burning desire to remove the Telstra crap from the firmware, a few things I've noticed:

* It does feel snappier than the Treo 750 it is replacing, although that isn't entirely unexpected. Fairly usable with Minimo, which is a handy bonus to me (since a site I need access to on the road actually works in Minimo).
    * Magnet for paw prints doesn't even begin to describe it!
    * This model handset has been "blue tick" certified by Telstra, which means it is recommended for use in rural/marginal coverage areas on their UMTS850 network. I'll have to take it and my 750 out for some testing before I part with the 750.
    * The USB ports on my laptop can't supply enough power to (reliably) charge this phone. Somewhat annoying given I'm frequently on the road.
    * I've found the GPS a little flaky in the Brisbane CBD, but I'll wait until I get back to Sydney and test it a bit more extensively before I judge it.
    * I'm getting used to the keyboard. I don't seem to be any more or less accurate using it than I was with the 750.
    * Still getting used to the location of the stylus too.
    * I didn't get any ROM usage figures. Oops.

Won't be using the camera (never used the one on my 750 either), and I obviously don't have any thoughts on battery use just yet.

RRP in Australia is $929 through Telstra. It does appear that there is an issue with availability though - the Telstra shop at Chermside (Brisbane) only got 3 of them, and the bloke doing the sale was surprised they had any at all yet.

So far I'm quite content with the Treo Pro, although I'll be happier when I can flash it with a generic ROM image.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345