Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd like to seek clarification of something people have mentioned. When you say there are no smilies, does that mean (a) just that there is no smilie menu where you can see and select the smilies, and that the smilie punctuation combination codes still work, or (b) that it doesn't support the functionality of smilies at all on any level?

1. If someone sends me a text with a smilie in it, what will the Pro display?

2. If I send a text to say a Treo 750 user, and I type ": )" in the text, will they see it as a smilie, or will they just see ": )"?

3. If the answer above is (b), is there an add-on that will restore this functionality inside the native SMS app?
    Let me get this straight..............

If you can't text a , this will keep you from buying a Treo Pro?

Now I think I've heard everything.......

Have you considered buying the Jitterbug phone?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    does the treo pro support A2DP by itself? As in I can pipe music to my a2dp bluetooth headset right out of the box or does it still require some 3rd party application from audiotick or something?
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Let me get this straight..............

If you can't text a , this will keep you from buying a Treo Pro?

Now I think I've heard everything.......

Have you considered buying the Jitterbug phone?
    I don't think it's so much texting
    but more so not being able to txt or
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    This is the response that i got from the ebay seller when I asked if he had them in stock and would be shipping immediately.

"I will ship on 19th.I have stock ETA coming on 19th one batch for 45 units and 160 units on 24th."
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    This is the response that i got from the ebay seller when I asked if he had them in stock and would be shipping immediately.

"I will ship on 19th.I have stock ETA coming on 19th one batch for 45 units and 160 units on 24th."

which ebay auction are you looking at?
    -tgwaste
    Sigh. I just sent my review unit back. I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    i dont understand why they dont send you something keepable? youre promoting their product after all.
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    does the treo pro support A2DP by itself? As in I can pipe music to my a2dp bluetooth headset right out of the box or does it still require some 3rd party application from audiotick or something?
    WM support A2DP so you don't need any 3rd party application.
    i dont understand why they dont send you something keepable? youre promoting their product after all.
    IMHO, one reason is the review unit is the pre-production unit. It is not very good to leave the engineer unit at the market.
  11. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    So when does your order arrive with a Pro of your own?
    Ok...
    trjons, GFONG, and tgwaste, we have got enough Treo Pro Avatars!
    Just call me Berd.
    I am surprised between all of us on this site we don't know someone who can give us a concrete answer to when the pre-ordered units will ship. Palm knows when, I just wish I understood why they won't tell us.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    which ebay auction are you looking at?
    The eBay auction that I posted on the previous page. Sorry, I would post it again but I'm on the iPhone right now
  15. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    The eBay auction that I posted on the previous page. Sorry, I would post it again but I'm on the iPhone right now
    This one...

15 Pros, currently at $579 each. On the upside, you won't have the wait you'd get ordering from Palm or stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    This one...

15 Pros, currently at $579 each. On the upside, you won't have the wait you'd get ordering from Palm or stores.
    which begs the obvious question, how did he obtain them?

from his feedback:
    seller kept my $583 for 5 days before canceling due to his listing mistake
    -tgwaste
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    I'd like to seek clarification of something people have mentioned. When you say there are no smilies, does that mean (a) just that there is no smilie menu where you can see and select the smilies, and that the smilie punctuation combination codes still work, or (b) that it doesn't support the functionality of smilies at all on any level?

1. If someone sends me a text with a smilie in it, what will the Pro display?

2. If I send a text to say a Treo 750 user, and I type ": )" in the text, will they see it as a smilie, or will they just see ": )"?

3. If the answer above is (b), is there an add-on that will restore this functionality inside the native SMS app?
    1) The Pro will display the characters that make up the smiley symbol.
    2) If they have the smiley symbol function, they will see a smiley symbol.
    3) Don't know but would really like to have it!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    which begs the obvious question, how did he obtain them?

from his feedback:
    seller kept my $583 for 5 days before canceling due to his listing mistake

Yeah, I'm not sure. Perhaps he has information regarding the actual ship date of the units and is trying to take advantage of it. Or it's just a guesstimate....I notice he didn't put any information regarding the ETA and ship date of the 19th in the description. If he had included that info in his auction description, he would obligated to it and anything shipped past that date would lead to negative feedback. If Palm is shipping him the units on the 19th, could be some hope of an early ship date for those who pre-ordered.

My supervisor pre-ordered one and I am waiting to see his impressions before I jump on it. It's either this or the Bold. Personally, the iPhone is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Yeah, I'm not sure. Perhaps he has information regarding the actual ship date of the units and is trying to take advantage of it. Or it's just a guesstimate....I notice he didn't put any information regarding the ETA and ship date of the 19th in the description. If he had included that info in his auction description, he would obligated to it and anything shipped past that date would lead to negative feedback. If Palm is shipping him the units on the 19th, could be some hope of an early ship date for those who pre-ordered.

My supervisor pre-ordered one and I am waiting to see his impressions before I jump on it. It's either this or the Bold. Personally, the iPhone is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    I wrote the seller and asked if purchased today, could they guarantee shipment today. I will let you know what I learn.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    1) The Pro will display the characters that make up the smiley symbol.
    2) If they have the smiley symbol function, they will see a smiley symbol.
    3) Don't know but would really like to have it!
    Over at freewarepocketpc I found this app:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...smileysms.html

I didn't test it yet, but maybe it will help with "lost smileys".
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast