1.    #1  
    I am having trouble finding the right adapter for the 2.5mm jack on my treo 750. There are adapters with 2 pins and 3 pins for the male connector, which one do I choose to utilize the stereo output from my phone?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pins", but the adapter I have has two rings plus the common ring. Three-ring plugs are needed if you want to use a microphone too. I also strongly recommend one that has a small right-angle plug attached to a short wire holding the jack. The one-piece adapters can put a mechanical strain on the Treo jack, breaking the internal connections.
  3.    #3  
    Whoops, I mean't rings! So what is the common ring? Also I heard that 2 rings will only give you mono sound, and three rings will give you mono sound. Is this right?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The common is the one furthest from the tip. If you have only the base and one tip ring, you'll get mono. If you have a base, middle and tip, then you'll get stereo.
    Just thought I'd drop a note about some inexpensive 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapters I got on Amazon.com for $3 (that's with shipping even). I bought a few and they have worked great for me. The forum won't let me post a direct link so just search for them by their ASIN # B000J6FWT4 at Amazon.com