1.    #1  
    Went to the Singapore PPC website and found that Treo Pro is available in Singapore. Drove to the shop and bought one. It costs S$938 (around US$670).

Maybe I am too excited. I've just bought it without testing it. The sales staff told me one to one exchange policy for the 30days. Went back and opened the box. Could not power up the unit. Called the shop and was told to bring back the unit.

Tomorrow I need to rush to the shop to get the replacement as I will leave Singapore on Sunday. Hope they have enough stock.

P.S. Tallked to the sales staff. She told me a lot of users want to buy the HP iPaq 912s (just launched in Singapore) but ultimately bought the Treo Pro.
    When you get a working one, could you report back on chinese support?
    It ought to have it in ROM, if not it is gray import.

Looking forward to my EU edition, but might put a SG/HK/TW ROM on it for native Chinese support. If I can find it, that is...
  3.    #3  
    Based on the experience of the Treo 750, only the HK version came with the CE Star Chinese Software. This Special edition of CE-Star allow users to switch the interface because English, Simplified or Traditional Chinese .

For Chinese support, the sales staff told me to install the Monstor 6.0 or the latest version of CE-Star. I haven't tried out yet.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The TREO PRO has standard ROM support Chinese ..
    the one on my hand has Chinese ROM.

So....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    they just said "available", but not yet .
    I call many resellers , all of them told me " not yet"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by navyyang View Post
    they just said "available", but not yet .
    I call many resellers , all of them told me " not yet"
    Thanks Navy. Actually I only need to read the Chinese documents. Today I tried the CE-Star 2.8 r3c. It is working fine.
    which shops are selling the treo pro in SG. might ask a friend to purchase one for me when he goes to SG next week. TIA.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    You can go to AAA computers 4th level at Sim Lim Square.
    noted with thanks
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Hi have any of you tried GPS on the Treo Pro?

I was wondering if MapKing R12 would work on it [so far it's the only GPS app that supports my city Manila] I did try to purchase NAVFone but they are not selling their WM version direct to users at the moment [they sell it bundled with the Samsung SGH-i780 so I assume it will work on 320x320]
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter