Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Several UK suppliers now have the Pro in stock, and will start shipping today (September 12).

Prices have dropped at little too. I paid 278 pounds (US$488) plus shipping and taxes.

Weekend delivery was too expensive, but hopefully I'll have mine on Monday September 15 - which was my guess for a release date!
    Last edited by Stig; 09/12/2008 at 07:29 AM.
    can you tell me where you got it from?
    also do you know if they ship to the US?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    There are lots of vendors selling the Treo Pro in the UK.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    There are lots of vendors selling the Treo Pro in the UK.
    Got mine from here: http://www.pcsuppliers.co.uk/INU_Pro...P?ref=97192528

They were showing 7 in stock on Thursday. I ordered Thursday night and it was delivered 8am Monday (today)!

Overall (first) impression, after a history of Treo 600, 650, 680 + Centro:

Hugely impressed with form factor and svelte hardware. A litttle dissapointed with the keyboard. Funny since I have a Centro and was not expecting too much from its keyboard and got what I expected...

But with the Pro being taller and wider I expected much more. It is a little better, but not much. And there seems so much empty real estate around the face that you would think they coulda made it bigger.

Oh, well, no doubt I'll get used to it. Other than that everything so far seems top notch and very (one-handed) user-friendly.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I ordered mine Friday morning from Lambda-tek, and mine is still in transit Should be here Tuesday morning.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Good luck.

By the way, when I took it out of the box, the battery is already installed, but completely flat. Plugged it in, and after a few mins tried again, but no life.

I remember GFONG saying his came with a battery that refused to charge, and was afraid mine was a dud also. But left it charging as I showered and had breakfast, and then took the battery out and turned it round to see if there was any plastic blocking connection etc. There wasn't, but as soon as I inserted it back in, the thing sparked to life!

So don't panic if at first it won't start!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    I remember GFONG saying his came with a battery that refused to charge, and was afraid mine was a dud also. But left it charging as I showered and had breakfast, and then took the battery out and turned it round to see if there was any plastic blocking connection etc. There wasn't, but as soon as I inserted it back in, the thing sparked to life!

So don't panic if at first it won't start!
    You need to take out the battery once.
    except for clove which is way overpriced, it doesnt seem like any of these places ship to NYC unfortunately.,
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I have heard (from eXpansys) that the Treo Pro has been delayed until the end of the month, which kinda sucks. I'm not entirely sure why some people already have theirs. The person I spoke with over email seemed very surprised that any non-review units had been sent out. But then again, he was Australian, so take that with a bunker of salt.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Yes, eXpansys UK are saying they will be another 8 days. Perhaps they ordered a larger quantity as they had many pre-orders to fulfill, and Palm will be sending them one large batch instead is a few smaller ones.

It appears that a very small quantity went out to other suppliers (mine should be delivered any minute).