1.    #1  
    Step 1 - Dive into a swimming pool with your 24 day old Treo 800w in your pocket

Step 2 - Feel smug that you bought the insurance and you set up Sprite Backup

Step 3 - Contemplate taking your replacement device for another dip in the pool out of frustration that you can't make the Today Screen 'Inbox' forget about that Gmail account you set up before using the Sprite Restore feature.

Seriously, I can't get rid of this account - it shows I have 42 unread messages. I've gone into the registry (HKCU>System>State>Messages>other and (HKCU>System>State>Messages>OtherEmail>Unread and have deleted all the value under each. They do not go away. I also noticed when I went to recreate my Gmail account under the mail application it kept reporting that an account with that name already exists.

This is a small thing - I know, but the Today screen real estate is too precious (to me) to let this go on.

I've tried turning off 'Inbox' from visibility on my Today screen, then deleting the registry values mentioned above and performing a soft-reset but as soon as I renable the 'Inbox' on my Today screen, it comes back.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank you.
    Hard reset and during restore, don't restore your email account...just set it up again...I had this too, PITA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Hard reset and during restore, don't restore your email account...just set it up again...I had this too, PITA
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply. I can't believe I have to do a hard reset to recover from this. Well I'll get busy with it - thank you again.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Had this same issue...when you restore from sprite click on the windows folder and uncheck email.ink ...im pretty sure that's the one...
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbrown View Post
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply. I can't believe I have to do a hard reset to recover from this. Well I'll get busy with it - thank you again.
    No problem, just sharing the same help I've received here

I didn't restore anything after my last hard reset, installed everything from scratch, so I'm not sure what you uncheck to prevent restoration of the email. Luckily, I was planning a hard reset anyway to go to 96dpi....(which if you haven't go ahead and do it while you're hard resetting, you'll never go back)
    Do you download email from Yahoo Mail? The thing I'm experiencing is I have Poutlook downloading mail, via IMAP. When I delete the emails from the inbox, it goes into Deleted Items folder. The strange thing is, it shows up as a new mail message on my Today's screen. FYI, I use Spb Diary, but I'll test to see if I see the same thing using the Inbox. Anyways, when I delete the emails in the Deleted Items folder, the mail counter will go away.
    DON'T DO A HARD RESET! NOT NECESSARY

When I got my second 800w I restored from the backup on my first one and got the phantom e-mail account. Here's how you fix it.

1) Go into Sprite Backup and click the button to start a backup.
    2) In the list, uncheck the box for Email.
    3) Perform a backup.
    4) Restore from this backup.

The phantom e-mail account should be gone. In fact, all e-mail accounts will go away so you'll have to set the ones up you want again.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    No problem, just sharing the same help I've received here

I didn't restore anything after my last hard reset, installed everything from scratch, so I'm not sure what you uncheck to prevent restoration of the email. Luckily, I was planning a hard reset anyway to go to 96dpi....(which if you haven't go ahead and do it while you're hard resetting, you'll never go back)
    Where can I learn more about 96dpi?
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbrown View Post
    Where can I learn more about 96dpi?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002