1.    #1  
    The thread title says it all. I'd be lying if I said I was totally pleased with my 800w, but after having the 700wx since it's release, I was fiending for something new. We were told that an update/upgrade to WM6 would never come for the 700wx. We were hoodwinked and bamboozled my friends.
    No one of any official consequence said it would not happen.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You like the 700wx with the stick out antenna? The 800w is far better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    The thread title says it all. I'd be lying if I said I was totally pleased with my 800w, but after having the 700wx since it's release, I was fiending for something new. We were told that an update/upgrade to WM6 would never come for the 700wx. We were hoodwinked and bamboozled my friends.
    Don't feel too bad. You must be on Sprint since you have the 800w. I've seen post today that says Spring won't be getting the WM6 upgrade for their 700wx's.
    the 800w is WAY better then the 700 could ever be. look in this forum for the tweaks you can enjoy and start enjoying your phone. after all< you already got it.
    2.5 years with the 700wx wasnt enough for you?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    From what I gathered from Sprint/Palm Speint thought they were going to release the 800w months earlier than they did. Late last year Palm offered the upgrade to both Sprint and Verizon. Verizon bit and Sprint declined because they thought they would have a 6.0 800w. Then Sprint decided to wait it out for 6.1 and therefore the later release.

There you have it. I know these forums chew people up and spit them out for this "info" take it or leave it and maybe do some research on me before you call BS.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  8.    #8  
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I do like my 800w, but it just doesn't seem to be as stable as the 700wx was. Of course I don't like the antenna, but it just seem to me that Palm released the 800w about a month too early.

My main beefs are: power issues up the wazoo, gotta wait like 30 minutes to use the phone if you let the battery totally drain, GPS is so hit or miss, the alert I chose for new text message never seems to stick, as it always reverts back to "Alert"

I'm not trippng too hard though; my second phone is a 750p, so my 700wx is basically sitting in a drawer waiting for me to lose or destroy one of the other two. I can kid myself into thinking that I would have held off on getting the 800w had the WM6 update been released prior to it's debut, but chances are I would have still bought the 800 on the day it was released.
    We reported it 3 months ago on WM Experts (front page and in the podcast) and so did our sister site TreoCentral. Ebag and others also successfully ported WM6 to the 700w and wx in June (using the leaked Verizon update no less!) and we've all been running it since then.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/12/2008 at 10:16 AM.