1.    #1  
    I am really frustrated with my Treo 800w keeping a connection to my BT devices. I paired it my Moto BH-850 in my car, and to my Plantronics 925. Both seemed ok the first day.

However, now, neither is working even though the BT icon in top right is indicating the ays the Treo is connected to a BT device, I get no sound in my earpiece , nor in my car.

I've tried tapping the correct device, and on rare occasion I can get the Plantronics to carry sound for a while.

Hitting "Refresh" is really bad - that little spinning MS icon shows up, and never goes away until I pull the battery

(The fact that the BT program is such a pain in the **** to access with one hand while driving is another peeve, but I know i can fix that when I get the time)

Can anyone help? I've got about a week left before the 30 days runs, and if I can fix this one problem will be fine. Otherwise I will have to try the the BB Bold or HTC Touch Pro when they come out- whcih bums me out because i've been Treo since the 300.
    The 850 and 700 were problem children for me. The old 500 holds the connection all day long.
    I use the Jabra BT8010 stereo headset and the phone functions work all the time. The Wireless Stereo disconnects after a while. I go into the Bluetooth settings and uncheck "Wireless Stereo" and then click save. The check it and save again and it hooks back up.

It seems to stay connected as long as I'm using it for the stereo. I don't know where the fault would be, either in Windows Mobile, the 800w or the headset. I have a big button on one of my UL screens to get to the Bluetooth settings although I wouldn't try doing it while driving.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  4.    #4  
    I know most people aren't having problems, I scoured this site and others before posting.

Is anyone else having this problem? It really sucks driving around with a built in hands free, and a portable, but having to hold the phone in front of my face on speakerphone like Kirk on Star Trek to have a conversation (I live in Cali, and put it to my ear).

Ironic that my biggest complaint about my old 750 was when I held it to my ear it would bring up the BT program on the screen. Now when I want to use BT or mess with settings, I am screwed.
  5.    #5  
    can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    can anyone help?
    No problem here with Jawbone II.Great speaker and microphone BTW.

(Advice from a noobie)Looks like you need to hard reset.
    Then if it still doesnt work, exchange it .
    Wont you get another 30 days if you exchange?
  7.    #7  
    I was fearing the hard reset, but I gues I will have to try it
  8.    #8  
    after the hard reset, I paired it to the plantronics, which worked for a while. I later paired it to my moto bf850. connection appears to be made - but nothing comes over speaker. it worked fine (sort of) with my 750p, so i know the moto isn't dead.

I then try to hook up to the plantronics - no luck. had to soft reset, then turn phone on a couple times to get that working.

am I the only person having this problem? Do the rest of you just turn on phone, pop BT in ear, and chat away?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I use the Jabra BT8010 stereo headset and the phone functions work all the time. The Wireless Stereo disconnects after a while. I go into the Bluetooth settings and uncheck "Wireless Stereo" and then click save. The check it and save again and it hooks back up.

It seems to stay connected as long as I'm using it for the stereo. I don't know where the fault would be, either in Windows Mobile, the 800w or the headset. I have a big button on one of my UL screens to get to the Bluetooth settings although I wouldn't try doing it while driving.
    You can just highlight the BT device then hold the center button a menu will popup then click set as wirless stereo. Same result but a little quicker.
    Did you ever find a fix for your bluetooth issue? I'm having the same issue with my headset and it is driving me crazy and it seems like no one knows how to fix it...
    And since this phone is apparently less than 30 days old as you implied, are we too assume that you did indeed install the update for Bluetooth located at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...oth/index.html? I should assume so but then again I shouldn't assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    with one hand while driving
    I did (can not speak for Jager) but that did not do anything to help me with my problem.
    Any other suggestions?