1.    #1  
    Would knowledgeable folk expect to be able to sign up for an AT&T prepaid plan with the unlimited data and messaging features, take the SIM card from the GoPhone and put it in a Treo Pro, and have it work? (forgive me if this is miscategorized, I've never used an unlocked device before)
    Yes. Just try not to call AT&T Support for help on the Treo, they MAY say you can't use it.

You can also get the settings for data and SMS online, if your SIM card won't enter them automatically.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by matid View Post
    Would knowledgeable folk expect to be able to sign up for an AT&T prepaid plan with the unlimited data and messaging features, take the SIM card from the GoPhone and put it in a Treo Pro, and have it work? (forgive me if this is miscategorized, I've never used an unlocked device before)
    Dude (or dudette, i really can't tell 'cause your name sounds unisex), the Pro is an unlocked phone so whatever services you have on the SIM card like data/sms will work fine.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I bought an unlocked 680 a few months ago for a trip to Italy next month. I bought an AT&T pay as you go sim card on ebay and a few days ago paid the $19.99 for the unlimited internet for this month to make sure everything works okay for the trip when I have an Italian SIM card. It's working great. Customer service had no problem with me having a Treo at all, in fact they ran me through the process of activating everything. The biggest problem with the pay as you go is the cost of phone calls, $1.00 per day that you use the phone, and then 10 cents a minute (which in itself is not bad). Fortunately I only plan on using it this month and have never made a call on the phone other than to CS.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    AT&T CS is weird though. You can get different answers from different people. Although they didn't complain when I had an unlocked phone and called them(but one did strongly hint I should have used an AT&T phone), but they were ineffective with service. I had to get the help I needed online, LOL!

I do remember at one time they offered the Treo 750 on pre-paid officially. So perhaps they won't say anything even if you do call them. They're just inconsistent sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!