Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, Sprint rejected my rebates today, afer Telesales promising me that I would get them. They also charged for the Free shipping. ummm...

So far, CS has been zero help.
    Ok, the details though? We love hearing a good story.
    same here, they tell me free shipping then on my bill i have a 12.95 shipping charge. i didnt even bother with the MIR as i got sprint to give it to me instantly.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    they charged me shipping.... they told it will be free..... I have just sent my reabets.... i will see what happens
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ok, the details though? We love hearing a good story.
    They said my old phones haven't been active for 12 months. True...so I asked at the time of purchase to ensure I would get the MIR. They said I would, no problems.

The first rep, in another country was useless. Then they transfered me to the MIR department. TWO computer voices talking over top each other. Very hard to understand. THen the system disconnected me. Next call, same thing. Had to get mad to get an American that appears to be crediting my account as I type.

We'll see.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
    same here, they tell me free shipping then on my bill i have a 12.95 shipping charge. i didnt even bother with the MIR as i got sprint to give it to me instantly.
    Next time, I'll skip the MIR and do as you have done. Demand it upfront.
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Next time, I'll skip the MIR and do as you have done. Demand it upfront.
    yuppers, they (retentions) originally told me 349 with a 100 MIR and i just simply said "how about we make that 100 an instant rebate" the rep came back a few seconds later and said we can do that.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I have found Sprint very good with issuing credits. As for over seas support, that has always been a problem. We American's do not speak English very well. There was one time a few months ago that I just gave up, telling the woman I could not understand her, she could not understand me and I needed to try again. The next call ended up in Texas.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Always try to ask for instant rebate or service credit. It might be a little easier for CS to get you service credit too. And it usually takes effect in the current billing cycle. If your billing amount is less than the service credit they give to you, the remaining will be rolled over to the next billing cycle.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Sprint did the same thing to me when I submitted the rebate for my wife's Instinct. I had met all the requirements (waiting two years from the last time I bought a phone, renewing our contract for two more years, etc.). A call to customer service got me an apology and an assurance that they would send me my rebate check after all. Right now "the check is in the mail" (I know - famous words, but Sprint sounded sincere when I last spoke to them).

Kevin

Well, Sprint rejected my rebates today, afer Telesales promising me that I would get them. They also charged for the Free shipping. ummm...

So far, CS has been zero help.
    When I got my Treo 800w, they gave me free shipping and I sent in for the $100 rebate. I was concerned because I asked for a 2 year contract to fulfill the rebate obligations, but was given 1 year. Even when I called about it they said things were OK.

I got my $100 check a few days ago and the check has been cashed.

I have been with Sprint many years. This was the first time I committed to any contract time for a deal and it's turned out to be a year less than I expected for me to be locked in. I got the full deal, fine with me.
    Heck, I gave up the 2-year change game a long, long time ago. As a result, only twice have I received the full discount; however, by the time the discounts were given, the price was not substantially different. The 800W though was different, as I paid full price without shipping and had to do to a 1-year committment. I did though get a reduction in the monthly rate.
  13.    #13  
    Well, the rep gave me a $224 credit. $100 for each phone (2x) and $12 for the shipping (2x). The constantly kept telling me how good and long of a customer I've been. Should be...I've been with Sprint since 1999 and have never been late with a payment.

Anyway, all is well and I didn't have to wait 8-12 weeks for the MIR check.
    Well, the rep gave me a $224 credit. $100 for each phone (2x) and $12 for the shipping (2x). The constantly kept telling me how good and long of a customer I've been. Should be...I've been with Sprint since 1999 and have never been late with a payment.

Anyway, all is well and I didn't have to wait 8-12 weeks for the MIR check.
    So they went over and above to keep you as a customer. Sounds like all is well that ends well to me.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am more lucky than you guys.

I got my Mogul free plus another $25 more about 1 year ago thru rebate.

Then I bought a new 800w and sold my Mogul on ebay and got my everything for $50 plus no change in contract.
    I LOVE THIS SITE!

same here... I couldn't believe it. the lady say she will not charge me next day shipping, but of course she did. What the f* I guess if you didn't notice it's their gain?

also I rant a little about the $50 credit the would give to me here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167918

anyway not much help from the ecare, but the last message I sent was... see you in two years :-) next time I'll get everything in writing before I hangup.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    next time I'll get everything in writing before I hangup.
    How do you plan to accomplish that?

Although I got everything they promised me (and with a 1 year instead of 2 year contract to boot), I got my first Sprint bill within the 30 days after I was sent my first Treo 800w. So seeing that first bill if it had some bad chargers would have been my moment to drop everything.

Sprint records calls, perhaps we should tell them the call is being recorded on our end when calling them? Or how else to get proof of their promises ahead of time? Have them send everything in writing with the device? And what's the options for response if the don't follow through other than trying to get out of contract with them? Imagine if you're in a location where it's a dead zone for other cell carriers and you really have a need to stick with Sprint, what other option do you have to make them hold up their end of the bargain?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    How do you plan to accomplish that?

Although I got everything they promised me (and with a 1 year instead of 2 year contract to boot), I got my first Sprint bill within the 30 days after I was sent my first Treo 800w. So seeing that first bill if it had some bad chargers would have been my moment to drop everything.

Sprint records calls, perhaps we should tell them the call is being recorded on our end when calling them? Or how else to get proof of their promises ahead of time? Have them send everything in writing with the device? And what's the options for response if the don't follow through other than trying to get out of contract with them? Imagine if you're in a location where it's a dead zone for other cell carriers and you really have a need to stick with Sprint, what other option do you have to make them hold up their end of the bargain?
    few points on that question:

1) If one party has announced they are recording call, the second party automatically has the right to record the call. This aspect of recording does not vary by state.

2) you can write to ecare and ask them to confirm promises from reps or retentions and you have it in writing.

3) Sprint Corporate stores are able to print out your notes. Of course if the promise were not noted, that doesn't help but I have had promised discounts noted that were not applied and for which the initial response was "they can't be applied."

4) Sprint does not have to give you promised discounts if they cannot be applied or were promised incorrectly, but they they have to refund up to the current date and allow you to cancel without ETF.
    I was initially denied a rebate promised by telesales. I had no proof of the offer, but thankfully I did finally receive the rebate. After 3 calls, I found a sympathetic customer service person, who acknowledged that telesales had likely mismarked my account. Don't give up if you were promised the rebate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I was initially denied a rebate promised by telesales. I had no proof of the offer, but thankfully I did finally receive the rebate. After 3 calls, I found a sympathetic customer service person, who acknowledged that telesales had likely mismarked my account. Don't give up if you were promised the rebate!
    Who did you call? Sprint CS or in rebates?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast