Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got my check this week. I had almost forgotten about it - it was like a birthday present!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    My rebate was also declined. The Sprint rep, however; promised that I would get it (otherwise I could have gotten an iPhone for a little cheaper).

I have the previous records and am demanding my rebate. I'll get it (I'll go through the BBB if they jerk me around; I'm sick of their customer service).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    My rebate was also declined. The Sprint rep, however; promised that I would get it (otherwise I could have gotten an iPhone for a little cheaper).

I have the previous records and am demanding my rebate. I'll get it (I'll go through the BBB if they jerk me around; I'm sick of their customer service).
    did they give a reason? I was concerned that although I have EVDO data on my plan I don't pay a nickel for it for any of my EVDO phones. The rebate had a $25 evdo plan requirement. I still got mine/
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    did they give a reason? I was concerned that although I have EVDO data on my plan I don't pay a nickel for it for any of my EVDO phones. The rebate had a $25 evdo plan requirement. I still got mine/
    The reason was that I was upgrading and did not quality. Which is BS because they gave me the new customer deal and told me that it would.
    Small update on my rebate issue. After one e-mail Sprint not only changed my status back to valid but are expediting it. I could have pressed for a credit but I got what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Small update on my rebate issue. After one e-mail Sprint not only changed my status back to valid but are expediting it. I could have pressed for a credit but I got what I wanted.
    This is typical of Sprint in the sense that they will very often ignore what telesales tells you, but if you complain about the misrepresentation you get results. This drives the constant poor customer satisfaction plaguing Sprint.
    Tahkuct,

I called CS. The rep said no. I called rebates. The rep said no. I called CS, again. That rep said yes.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Rejected. Called CS, referred me to rebate department. Surprisingly, rebate department quickly and easily changed my rejection to approval and said they were having some system problems and it shouldn't have been rejected in the first place. Said they also expedited it so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I was told by the sales rep that I would be getting the full rebates wihich equaled $350. I got a check for $100. He said if I had a problem to call him. Well he went on disability. The rep that I called told me this but asked if he could help. I told him the story and he asked if I was ok with an account credit. I said sure and he said he would credit the account and it would reflect in 2 - 4 hours. I checke dthe next morning and it was there.
    Received a postcard stating that my rebate could not be processed due to the fact they could not identify my Sprint phone number. I checked my copy of the rebate form and I did list my phone number correctly and it was legible. Called rebate center with the phone number and should now receive the rebate in 30 to 45 days. Is Sprint hoping that not everyone will follow up on these postcards so that they will not have to pay the rebate?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I havent had this problem, because some how I received 350 back for my rebate. I don't know how it happen, but I won't be asking
    Quote Originally Posted by kushnu View Post
    Is Sprint hoping that not everyone will follow up on these postcards so that they will not have to pay the rebate?
    The whole rebate game is based on them hoping not everyone seeks it at all. So if they hold things up, they certainly would like for you to give up.

I didn't have any problems, but in the future I might press for a credit up front.
    actually I was going to keep on pressing my cases ($50 credit), but after a few phone calls and email exchange with ecare. I decided not to press on... why? it's $50 the time I initially spend with the telemarket lady (outsourced) + time spend try to explain I was giving this "$50" is worth more than $50...

just ask look at the The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. time is money, if sprint want to play game (I'm not saying they are.. but mistake does happen) let it be.

enjoy the Treo 800! I am

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The whole rebate game is based on them hoping not everyone seeks it at all. So if they hold things up, they certainly would like for you to give up.

I didn't have any problems, but in the future I might press for a credit up front.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    actually I was going to keep on pressing my cases ($50 credit), but after a few phone calls and email exchange with ecare. I decided not to press on... why? it's $50 the time I initially spend with the telemarket lady (outsourced) + time spend try to explain I was giving this "$50" is worth more than $50...
    That's dumb. You could take 15 minutes, submit a BBB complain and let them sort it out for you. If you legitimately should get the rebate then you will get the rebate.

Companies make money when people forget or give up sending rebates in. Do you realy want to give Sprint more of your money?
    I'm pretty much getting my phone for free

I paid $199 out the door including $100 instant rebate (neighboor discount)
    then sprint gave me an addition $50 off and 10% off my bill for 2 years
    and they also accepted my rebate so thats an additional $100 (waiting for it to come)
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Well, Sprint rejected my rebates today, afer Telesales promising me that I would get them. They also charged for the Free shipping. ummm...

So far, CS has been zero help.
    I had the same problem. Just call retentions and let them know you are not going to get stuck paying for a mistake by Sprint. Have them lookup who said you would get a rebate. They removed the $100 charge right of my bill plus the rest of the balance because I sent in my 755p in return for the 800w.
    justdoit2 - (Hope I'm not getting too personal and off topic.) So what did you do in the time you estimate you would have been on the phone with Sprint that has increased the money in your pocket by $50?

Potential income in nice to talk about, but that does not change the figures in your bank account. You've turned down actual income.

Kasracer, I agree with you on this one. If the money is due you, better to make your case than pass it up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12