Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 205
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering how people feel about these two phones I returned my 800w the other day while it was still under 30 day so that I can upgrade to the HTC Diamond. What do you guys think.
  2. #2  
    yeah... i plan to keep treo 800w..... it is small and easy and works fine....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    yeah... i plan to keep treo 800w..... it is small and easy and works fine....
    I agree the 800w is a great phone but the HTC Diamond is smaller thiner and has some great features.
  4. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #4  
    Aren't we talking Apples and Oranges here? Some will like the Diamond and others will like the 800W based on the differences.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Aren't we talking Apples and Oranges here? Some will like the Diamond and others will like the 800W based on the differences.
    Hmm not really they are both Windows mobile devices with extremly similar features just different designs.
  6. #6  
    I think you will miss the keyboard. The Diamond looks cool... but for day to day I'd rather have keys and buttons.
  7. #7  
    Due to the poor sound/volume issue with making calls with the treo 800w, I'd seriously consider going with the Diamond...
  8. #8  
    im gonna keep my 800w for a while, if anything i may buy a new flip phone to use when im on vacations.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  9.    #9  
    Alright well thanks to the ones that responded I just wanted to hear peoples thought. I do agree the 800w with a few flaws is a great device. The main reason I want something different is because I've owned Palm phones for the past 5-6 years and I'm just ready for a new design.
  10. #10  
    I like the look of the diamond. I just don't like how much time it takes to get from point A to point B. It's a deal breaker for me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    I like the look of the diamond. I just don't like how much time it takes to get from point A to point B. It's a deal breaker for me.
    What do you mean how much time if you talking abou the lag that the GSM version had you need to look at some videos on the CDMA version as it is allot faster.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Alright well thanks to the ones that responded I just wanted to hear peoples thought. I do agree the 800w with a few flaws is a great device. The main reason I want something different is because I've owned Palm phones for the past 5-6 years and I'm just ready for a new design.
    thats why i get a mid priced flip phone and swap to it during vacations or if i get tired of the treo.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  13. #13  
    No keyboard, no way.

    It does not even have the "flip" keyboard.

    It's basically an iPhone with Windows Mobile.

    I guess it depends on the needs of the user, but to me, asking if I'd give up my 800w for an HTC Diamond is a question that borders on being comedic.

    But for you who like it and I respect your opinion, here are some vids of the HTC Diamond for you to enjoy.





  14. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'm with the impression that if the Diamond does everything that my 800w does now but with better battery life. Then I'm switching to the Diamond.

    I Like the 800w.. Hate the battery life thou.
  15. ft5117's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Just wondering how people feel about these two phones I returned my 800w the other day while it was still under 30 day so that I can upgrade to the HTC Diamond. What do you guys think.
    Maybe you should have started a poll asking if people will:
    -replace 800w with HTC Diamond / HTC Diamond Pro (w/ keyboard)
    -replace 800w with different phone
    -keep 800w

    I think it's still possible to add a poll to this thread...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    I'm with the impression that if the Diamond does everything that my 800w does now but with better battery life. Then I'm switching to the Diamond.

    I Like the 800w.. Hate the battery life thou.


    Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that the Diamond has 3.5hr talktime... that would be less then the 800w. I think of the two phones this way. 800w is like Windows where you can get **** done... The Diamond is like a Mac it looks pretty and can get the job done but its not to the point.... but thats just my bias opinion.. lol
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #17  
    Nope, no KB, no deal.
  18. #18  
    Can you use diamond with one hand?? Then i'll consider to switch..
    also that's only after i play with it and like it
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inimical View Post
    Due to the poor sound/volume issue with making calls with the treo 800w, I'd seriously consider going with the Diamond...
    Same here. The horrendous phone side of the 800w makes it worthless to me. Too bad because I GREATLY prefer the candybar form factor. Never been a fan of on-screen keyboards, though the larger battery and much thinner size is appealing.

    I wouldn't pay any attention to rated talk times. Everyone knows that the 800w falls well short of the rated 4hr mark and that the Diamond will have a 2000mAh battery available shortly that will only increase the thickness to the size of the 800w and give it nearly twice the real-world talk time of the 800w.
  20. mikecc's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #20  
    Yes you can operate the Diamond with one hand. I don't know if I will give up the 800w for the Diamond but I will certainly trade 800w for the Diamond Pro. By the time Sprint releases the Pro your 30 day trial will be over already. Very tough choice. Will you be given another 30 day trial if you switch to the Diamond?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions