Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but based on my months of research... HHO / Hydrogen Generators simply don't work. They're gimmicks... pretty much a multi-level marketing scheme to make easy money based on hype. Hope you didn't spend thousands of dollars on something that produces no significant improvement in mileage / performance. They even have those weekly or monthly HHO pow wows / meets / get togethers... where people show off their HHO kit, double kits, six pack of HHO bottles, LOL. Wikipedia says something about people "lying to your face" ("prima face"; in first person) about the results of their HHO kits. A NASA scientist supposedly said something about HHO's being worthless in cars. Then again, what do I know about HHO generators?
    100% correct.
    Actually there is a way to make them work in cars and the improvement is average. You can't just install it in a car, turn it on and double your gas mileage. We all know that's BS. In the case above my neighbor spent under $200 on everything. He made the 3 units and all the plumbing. My roll being a former service tech was to tweak the EEC system for it. When the EEC senses change during current fuel, air, spark etc. it automatacially adjusts back to default stock settings or at least tries to. For example when this unit was installed the computer noticed a decrease in exhaust temperature so the O2 sensors sensed a lean condition therefore the computer was told to dump fuel to compensate. There were other parimaters, this iss just one. So what was needed is a device to be able to tweak ECC settings when the generator is on. Currently we have a laptop installed to the EEC with a Tweaker program, plus a wideband for the O2 Sensors and an overide for the MAP and MAF sensor. There is more to it then what people have seen on YouTube videos.

Sorry to post this in a phone forum. Just wanted to answer the question.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Box of chocolate is to Forest Gump, as Box of Kleenex is to your emotional (or passionate) post? j/k Just remember, people are entitled to their opinions.
    Yes, but I just don't understand why people use their opinions to argue as fact. I said to Malatesta that HTC's bells and whistles are there to follow the market in their own style, then Darnell starts telling me what he didn't like about the Diamond. What does why he doesn't like the phone have to do with anything?

I understand that people can have opinions, but what I was trying to tell him is that the way the Diamond is, he's not suppposed to like it, and him telling me his opinion doesn't make sense since we all know it's not his type of device. I understand that some would have preferred more buttons as opposed to a fancy UI or accelerometer, but that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't look at a coupe and wish it would hold more people, I look at a sedan or SUV instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ft5117
    I was disappointed to learn little from your lengthy post, but you do make a couple of good points. What I did get from it is your desire for progress and continued advancement in technology and flashy features.
    I was just simply trying to understand the logic behind the things that Malatesta and darnell said. I've already said I don't care much for the accelerometer and I don't want the Diamond, it's just that I don't see what's wrong with having the option of those extra, unnecessary features. I don't care much for flashiness, I just want a phone that works the way I want it to. I was dead set on the 800w (coming from the Mogul, ugh) until I heard about the GPS issues, and potentially the battery life issues.

Malatesta is tired of black slabs, but that's what's hot right now. It's called a fad.

You and darnell think that an accelerometer makes a device worse. But why? How? And remember, you can turn off TouchFlo if you don't like it. So that cannot be used as a negative against the device.

Quote Originally Posted by ft5117
    Just because HTC makes the hardware for Palm, doesn't mean that HTC device software is as good as Palm's. I've noticed that HTC devices are a lot more buggy and less reliable than Palm devices. Palm has the experience and know-how to make a solid, reliable device. I don't think HTC has Palm's caliber of programming expertise. At least not yet. Looking at the big picture, Palm's ability to make their software work with their devices is legendary. The 800w is the best cdma phone I've ever used (minor issues notwithstanding). I plan on getting the Touch Pro (cdma version), but I'm very concerned about the many issues people are experiencing w/ their gsm version...
    Bugginess in a device is limited to experiences IMO. While my mogul was dead slow, It wasn't really ever buggy, except for when I put a program on it that messed something up. But then again, I didn't buy a Mogul until after the GPS update had come out and a lot of the initial bugs had been solved. And if I remember correctly, Palm's devices always have their fair share of bugs (the 700wx had an issue with text messaging, the 800w has some people missing calls, etc). No one makes a perfect device, especially when it's fresh onto the market.
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Actually there is a way to make them work in cars and the improvement is average. You can't just install it in a car, turn it on and double your gas mileage. We all know that's BS. In the case above my neighbor spent under $200 on everything. He made the 3 units and all the plumbing. My roll being a former service tech was to tweak the EEC system for it. When the EEC senses change during current fuel, air, spark etc. it automatacially adjusts back to default stock settings or at least tries to. For example when this unit was installed the computer noticed a decrease in exhaust temperature so the O2 sensors sensed a lean condition therefore the computer was told to dump fuel to compensate. There were other parimaters, this iss just one. So what was needed is a device to be able to tweak ECC settings when the generator is on. Currently we have a laptop installed to the EEC with a Tweaker program, plus a wideband for the O2 Sensors and an overide for the MAP and MAF sensor. There is more to it then what people have seen on YouTube videos.

Sorry to post this in a phone forum. Just wanted to answer the question.

I go to Chevron and just buy more F*****g expensive gas.

Sorry, had to vent...
    Wow, wtf happened to this thread...
    We're way off topic, I wanted to respond to that Hydrogen Generator pic, but didn't want to make a sidebar. But now the Hydrogen Generator sidebar has been made and I think everyone wanting to know about Hydrogen Generators in cars should watch the video on this page.
    Hydrogen generator that increases gas mileage being tested in S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Wow, wtf happened to this thread...
    Mods did not lock it.. lol.. it is definitely run its course.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    No one makes a perfect device, especially when it's fresh onto the market.
    Indeed...

Sprint Diamond

- internet connection problems
    - someone already "lost" the internal 4gb drive
    - speaker phone is not good
    - Skyfire evidently doesn't work in VGA (yet)
    - Picturemail "solution" is no where near as good as sMMS

And it's only been 24hrs. Doesn't mean the Diamond is a bad device and people shouldn't get it, just that it's not any more "perfect" or bug free than any other WM device out there

And just like the 800w getting quickly upstaged by the Treo Pro, looks like the Diamond is getting quite upstaged by the Touch HD.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Indeed...

Sprint Diamond

- someone already "lost" the internal 4gb drive
    - speaker phone is not good
    - Skyfire evidently doesn't work in VGA (yet)
    - Picturemail "solution" is no where near as good as sMMS

And it's only been 24hrs. Doesn't mean the Diamond is a bad device and people shouldn't get it, just that it's not any more "perfect" or bug free than any other WM device out there

And just like the 800w getting quickly upstaged by the Treo Pro, looks like the Diamond is getting quite upstaged by the Touch HD.
    And the 800w has all of those issues and many more. It's all about choosing the lesser of two evils.

Last I heard, the Diamond has fully-functional GPS, stellar call quality and reception, a 1350mAh battery and a SICK VGA screen with amazing brightness and clarity.
    The diamond battery life isn't exactly a selling point though.

The screen is better, but no keyboard (which is why it has more focus on the screen). Mostly preferences still, even if the 800w has a lot of bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The diamond battery life isn't exactly a selling point though.
    Yup, according to some users at SU its pretty bad. Deja vu anyone? It's like this happens with every new WM device, lol.
    So my Diamond only lasted me from 8:00 to 12:00 today before dying...
    seems like it does drain the battery faster than some of the previous phones that i've ever had.
    ok so it's 2pm. Ive been at work since 8am...have not made a single call. Had 2 incoming calls...1 i answered only to tell the person i would call them back from my office and the 2nd i ignored. I called voicemail and listened to/deleted the msg.

I sent 2 text msgs and checked myspace once from the phone. oh and I took 2 pictures and assigned them as contacts. The phone now has 1 bar left.
    Battery blows just been playing around with it for a little it's at two bars. I hope this is just the break in process cause if not I have to send this puppy back

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    And the 800w has all of those issues and many more. It's all about choosing the lesser of two evils.

Last I heard, the Diamond has fully-functional GPS, stellar call quality and reception, a 1350mAh battery and a SICK VGA screen with amazing brightness and clarity.
    So what 800w has:

- "lost" the internal drive
    ?
    I've seen no such complaints.

And far as many more goes with the Treo 800w, every time I ask, most people are doing fine.

I say the numbers don't lie. Most Treo 800w owners are doing well and the device works pretty good.
    EDIT= Double Post
    Last edited by VibrantRedGT; 09/18/2008 at 04:24 PM.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Screw the Diamond none of us would never buy one. Even though we all bicker in threads all over the boards I bet we all agree that no hard keyboard is a deal breaker. We can do this thread all over again next month when the Touch Pro is released.

Oh and the hydrogen generator vidoes on YouTube are pretty lame. They make false claims of doubling and tripling gas mileage. This is simply untrue. Real results are somewhere between 5-30 percent. Ten being more practical and 30 being a fluke. Tuning the car is far more tricky than the generator itself.

Also, I have a brand new 800w for sale still sealed. Check out the Marketplace for pictures and info. It does on ebay Friday afternoon if there are no takers. Just thought I would throw this out there.

not sure i would buy another winmo 6.1 phone until they fix all the god damn bugs. Not sure how life would be without the keyboard either. However If you can get an attachable keyboard like old palm had that would be kinda cool...
    If you can be patient, the WM7 phones are gonna trump it next year anyways...
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Yes, but I just don't understand why people use their opinions to argue as fact. I said to Malatesta... the way the Diamond is, he's not suppposed to like it, and him telling me his opinion doesn't make sense since we all know it's not his type of device.

You and darnell think that an accelerometer makes a device worse. But why? How? And remember, you can turn off TouchFlo if you don't like it. So that cannot be used as a negative against the device.

And if I remember correctly, Palm's devices always have their fair share of bugs (the 700wx had an issue with text messaging, the 800w has some people missing calls, etc). No one makes a perfect device, especially when it's fresh onto the market.
    1. What he said was pure comedy, yet true. If you listened to all 28 WM Experts podcasts, then you'd know that the Malatesta character prefers a stylus over Touch controls... or simply condemns and hates all touchscreen-only U.I.'s? I personally hate it when I let a friend use my phone and get it back with their oily face imprint on my touchscreen. =\

2. I have no problems with adding features to a phone. The more the better, just as long as I have the ability to disable them. If I find that the TouchFlo drains the battery or slows down the phone, then I won't hesitate to turn it off. The more features a phone has, the slower it runs or the more ram/battery/faster processor it needs.

3. The Treo 700wx is a tank of a phone: durable, reliable, and with current updates, near perfect. The 800w runs all my apps better, faster, and it's just as reliable as my 700wx.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    In the case above my neighbor spent under $200 on everything. He made the 3 units and all the plumbing. My roll being a former service tech was to tweak the EEC system for it. When the EEC senses change during current fuel, air, spark etc. it automatacially adjusts back to default stock settings or at least tries to. There is more to it then what people have seen on YouTube videos.
    There are people who have spent $5,000 on these "HHO generators" and not see any improvements. As long as you're enjoying the this experiment and not wasting a ton of money, then go for it. If you can get Treo experts to help you figure out a way to send OBD II diagnostics info to the Treo (via bluetooth?), then that's even better. How cool would it be to somehow get instant data from your vehicle's ECU to display on the Treo??

btw, You sure know how to take some good camera phone pics, they turned out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Off topic is when your entire reply is off topic. You have to include something related to this thread topic, then you can add something on the side.

As for the HHO Powered Treo phones...
    In regards to the video link you provided, I can find you at least a half dozen news channel reports on how interesting and amazing HHO works in cars, but as we all know, the news media is all about sensationalizing everything. The news report doesn't show any proof, just claims made by a mechanic w/ 30 years experience. This mechanic makes claims then contradicts himself, then a scientist makes statements that contradicts the mechanic's claims. If you read the article, it's obvious that the video was heavily edited (maybe due to time constraints) and leaves out many details.

1. Gerhlein's 40% claim vs. Dr. Roberts' 5% expectations:

- Gerhlein, a professional mechanic.. put one on his wife's Lexus.
    Without the hydrogen generator, Gerhlein said the Lexusgot about 14 miles per gallon. With the hydrogen generator the vehicle gets about 19 miles per gallon. By tweaking the computer to accept the extra fuel, Gerhlein says the truck now gets 26 miles per gallon.
    "We know it works on my wife's truck for about a 40 percent increase in gas mileage without the computerization," Gerhlein said

- "You can't get something for nothing. And starting with water is a very difficult way to get energy," said Dr. Charlie Roberts, with the Southwest Research Institute. "Today, just putting a device onto the engine, without changing the engine in a more drastic way, about 5 percent fuel economy improvement is the best I would expect," Roberts said.

2. Gerlein sells the HHO kit for $1,500. He claims his HHO generator produces a 40% improvement in a Lexus SUV. So why is VibrantRedGT wasting his valuable time when he can just buy Gerlein's $1,500 kit? Darnell, would you please do us a favor by ordering the kit, then let us know how you like it? According to Mr. 40% Gerlein, it works! Darnell, go for it.

3. "Just do it!" -- Nike

4. "I want to beleive." -- X-Files

5. Let's get back ON to the OFF topic sidebar...
    " And somebody's going to pop the right unit out into the populace to do exactly what we're talking about today," Gerhlein said.

^^ odd, why doesn't he just tell us that he's that "somebody" who has pooped, err, I meant "popped" "the right unit out into the populace to do exactly" what he's talking about? What happened to his 40% improvement for a measly $1,500 HHO Kit? Afterall, he's supposedly part of the 2% who has got it right!

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Mods did not lock it.. lol.. it is definitely run its course.
    ^^^ completely offtopic, haha.
    ft5117 - We are way off topic, we really are.

If I had a brand new car, and somebody like the guy in San Antonio was near me, I'd probably pay the money and let you know, but at the moment I'm not near someone I trust to do it and I don't know how much longer I'll keep my current car, so no point in putting an extra $1500 into it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Boy that Heath Ledger sure was great in the new Batman flick...Wasnt he?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    You Know...I really prefer the Mac-N-Cheese that has the pre-made sauce over the powder packets. Not only is it easier to make, it just tastes better!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast