Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I too am waiting for the Pro. The 800 scared me away from Windows but I may come back to a more stable device. I'm not a fan of the sliding keyboard because of the Mogul lag. However this device has the RAM we all always wanted. Again my major concern is battery life. The Curve has never ever died on me even after extremely heavy use. I don't even have a car charger, never needed one. I will wait until the battery life results are in. I actually wish the Treo Pro came to Sprint. I'd be all over that one.
    Why not get the Treo 800w with the 2600 battery? The 2600 battery would do away with your issues about battery life, correct?
    I have an HTC - Touch, I hated using the onscreen keyboard even with the Diamond's software keyboard installed. I love being able to type accurately and not dependent on my stylus. Therefore I will keep my Treo 800w.

Should include a poll in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslisfree View Post

Should include a poll in this thread.
    That would make it way too obvious, that almost nobody wants to switch from the Treo 800w to the HTC Diamond .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Why not get the Treo 800w with the 2600 battery? The 2600 battery would do away with your issues about battery life, correct?
    And make it 4" thick? LOL

Why not just get a better phone instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    And make it 4" thick? LOL

Why not just get a better phone instead?
    In comes the scoffer again. The question was for my friend VibrantRedGT.
    In comes the scoffer again. The question was for my friend VibrantRedGT.
    darnell, Honestly I thought about that. I like the form factor and that size battery ruins it. Plus I had more issues other than battery life. The audio quality on both my units were pretty bad. My second unit, the ringer would go to zero once a day (missed calls). Mysterious wake ups during the night. I do use the audio jack on my Curve a lot. I also think the speakerphone is pretty awful. The Pro seems to have these covered. Well not sure about audio of the ringer, earpiece and speaker. When its out then we can judge. I think the Pro looks nothing like a Treo which appeals to me. The reason I still hang out here is to read about fixes to the 800. When they get some of these worked out I will come back to Palm. I also see that Palm is releasing fixes little by little.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I agree with VibrantRedGT and nsxprime for the most part. The battery life of the phone isn't good at all, but that's not my main concern. My concern is the audio quality of phone calls is pathetic. If there is the smallest amount of background noise, it's almost impossible to hear the other person. I can't tell you how many times I've asked someone to repeat themselves because I simply couldn't hear them. This is the same issue with or without blue tooth as well. I absolutely love the "phone" in regards to all it's other features, but what good is a phone if the call quality is horrible?

Having said this, I won't be switching to the HTC Diamond simply because it's lack of expansion slot (how absurd!). I'll wait until the Pro comes out and make a decision at that point..that is, if I can put up with the poor call audio quality until then...
    Dunno about the Diamond, but the Touch Pro (GSM) is having its share of "issues".

Hopefully the CDMA version on Sprint will address these, but I doubt they will all be caught:

Interesting.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/15/2008 at 06:32 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Malatesta - You know the Treo 800w is the only device released this year with any problems .

I have not had all these audio quality issues some folks are complaining about. I'm on calls all the time, today in the car with sun roof back a little and the windows cracked using the BT headset and the call quality was fine.
    Malatesta - You know the Treo 800w is the only device released this year with any problems .

I have not had all these audio quality issues some folks are complaining about. I'm on calls all the time, today in the car with sun roof back a little and the windows cracked using the BT headset and the call quality was fine.
    I think those complaining of call quality might be talking about on the handset itself, not on a headset.
    Well there goes the Treo Pro if they are having issues as well. What is up with Palm? HTC is eating their lunch. Now I'm probably getting an HTC again. Looks like the the Touch Pro it is. Hate slider keyboard.

Yes, I am talking about the earpiece not BT. I found BT to be very low though. The speaker during speakerphone is also a problem. Both mine crackle when on high. With it low it goes away but then the volume is too low.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    I think those complaining of call quality might be talking about on the handset itself, not on a headset.
    But I've never had problems with the handset or when using a headset. Those complaining often say they've got issues with both.
    But I've never had problems with the handset or when using a headset. Those complaining often say they've got issues with both.
    You seem to be one of the fortunate few to not have this issue. How about we trade phones?
    Well there goes the Treo Pro if they are having issues as well. What is up with Palm? HTC is eating their lunch. Now I'm probably getting an HTC again. Looks like the the Touch Pro it is. Hate slider keyboard.

Yes, I am talking about the earpiece not BT. I found BT to be very low though.

You did realize that Malatesta's comment list issues with the Touch Pro, not the Treo Pro?

The BT volume starts low, but can be increased, at least it has been the case for me. I've got an H680 headset and using the inner ear form fitting piece the volume when turned all the way up is very loud. Sometimes I have to turn it down a little. When using the circular earpiece I found the volume was not as good, because the earpiece simply was not fitting inside my ear as snug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inimical View Post
    You seem to be one of the fortunate few to not have this issue. How about we trade phones?
    This one is my 2nd (had to replace the first one), works well and you've got to be kidding .

But even with my first, the call quality was not an issue.

I think it's time for a poll. I'm going to set one up.
    Crapola, I missed that. So I'm back on the Treo Pro then (too many devices named Pro). You think it will ever be CDMA?

You should set up a poll as to how many people are on their second 800. I have read just about every thread and I'll say 40-50% are on device number 2.

Crapola, I missed that. So I'm back on the Treo Pro then (too many devices named Pro). You think it will ever be CDMA?

You should set up a poll as to how many people are on their second 800. I have read just about every thread and I'll say 40-50% are on device number 2.
    Don't worry, once the Treo Pro is released, I'm sure somebody will find something to complain about .

There are some indications it may be released for CDMA, but I'd suspect it might be released on Verizon first. Since Sprint took the Treo 800w and Verizon appears to have not.

I did a poll about replacements once, but it was bundled with another question as a dual poll. So that poll probably didn't capture all the people that have a replacement device and it was a long while ago, the number is probably higher now . And will be even higher next week .
    Maybe Mal can chime in and explain why the Pro did not pass carrier testing with Verizon. What does that mean?

As far as audio problems I haven't had any however my Brother which uses his Ipod constantly has audio problems maybe its not just the phone maybe some of the users hearing is not up to par not saying the phone doesn't have audio issues just saying
    Actually, my post wasn't to dissuade people from buying the Touch Pro, but rather to point out that all of these devices have issues with them--even the HTC boys ;-)

I think the Touch Pro will have it's niche audience and will have it's pros and cons like any WM device out there.

Re: Verizon
    There is no actual confirmation on anything regarding the 800w e.g. why they don't have it yet. It has been speculated that it didn't pass carrier testing but no hard evidence ever came forth, so I prefer to just shrug at this point like everyone else.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast