Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by karong View Post
    Very well said but i have to disagree on a couple things. first the Youtube app i think its just as good and fast as the iphones. Sometimes it does take a minute for it to load but most of the time its good

Athough i agree the screen is not very responsive i believe its actually more responsive than that original Touch.

Other than that i agree with everything you said, especially about it getting very hot while in use, whats up with that? i wouldnt discourage anyone from getting a Diamond, but all i say is read the pros and cons carefully and decide based upon what your uses would be. The Diamond has the nice "wow" factor but its not practical, i think the Treo is better for everyday usage.
    I think it really depends on how it's used. Coming from a Treo, myself, I find the Diamond to be no more difficult to use. To be honest, I had to put all kinds of utilities and interface enhancements on my Treo to make it as easy to use as it was. Much of what I did to my Treo is not necessary on the Diamond. And just as I did with the Treo, I'll probably find a few tweaks to make the Diamond better. So far, I have no real complaints other than every now and then it will wake up the screen for no apparent reason. (Looking for a solution to that.)

Of course, everyone is different. I enjoy the interaction with my Diamond. Will I compose super long e-mails with it? No, of course not, but I never did with my Treo either.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Gadjet, did you sell your 700wx yet? I have a buddy looking for one.

I compose super long emails on my Curve all the time since I'm on the road all day. I can only get to a laptop in the evenings. Heavy users need a real keyboard. Not saying the Diamond sucks, if it had a physical keyboard I'd be all over it. Well, I take that back. The battery must last to my usage.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Gadjet, did you sell your 700wx yet? I have a buddy looking for one.

I compose super long emails on my Curve all the time since I'm on the road all day. I can only get to a laptop in the evenings. Heavy users need a real keyboard. Not saying the Diamond sucks, if it had a physical keyboard I'd be all over it. Well, I take that back. The battery must last to my usage.
    No, I haven't sold it. Not sure I'm going to. You sound like a Touch Pro candidate. I thought about getting the Pro, but I reaccessed my needs and determined that would be overkill for me. Jury is still out on battery life.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Yes, the Pro is more appealing to me than the Diamond. Let me know if you want to sell your 700.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjb417 View Post
    No way, I'm keeping my 800w until the touchhd comes out
    And I did... sort of.
    I now use a touch diamond and have completelty forgotten the 800w. The 800w was really buggy, and I blame the drivers.

* I wrote an audio streaming apps in .NET and I noticed that calling certain windows functions would cause the device to lockup or the application to crash. The same code does not crash the emulator or 3 other HTC devices I run it on (htc touch, touch diamond and a XV6700).

* The phone would lose internet connectivity at random times and I would have to soft reset the phone (sometimes two times) to get it reconnect to the internet.

* The cpu is quite sluggish compared with the diamond. videos run smoother (no skipping on the diamond) and the rectangle screen helps.

* The touchflo3d is slick

* The diamond SIP is not cumbersome, suprisingly. This was my biggest fear. I'm now more comfortable using a diamond SIP than a touch pro keyboard. Nothing beat's the 800w's keyboard though.

* I miss the 800w ringer switch. Do they have a patent on this or something?!?! It should be on every phone.

* My vista machine had problems activesyncing with the 800w. It would sync 85%, the other 15% I had to reboot, the machine, the phone or try a different usb port. I didn't have this problem with the HTC devices.

* The phone took like 20min to turn on when charging a dead battery. I don't think the HTC devices do this.

* I miss the 800w's voicemail shortcuts buttons.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011