Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Screw the Diamond none of us would never buy one. Even though we all bicker in threads all over the boards I bet we all agree that no hard keyboard is a deal breaker. We can do this thread all over again next month when the Touch Pro is released.

Also, I have a brand new 800w for sale still sealed. Check out the Marketplace for pictures and info. It does on ebay Friday afternoon if there are no takers. Just thought I would throw this out there.
    We went a little off course and included the Touch Pro in this discussion. Yep, lack of hard keyboard is not practical at all and a deal breaker. Let's hope HTC fixes the major problems before for they release the Touch Pro for Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If I had a brand new car, and somebody like the guy in San Antonio was near me, I'd probably pay the money and let you know...
    Hey don't take what I said personally... it's just light humor, nothing serious. We can all appreciate your effort to provide a very interesting link to a very informative news report. Like they say, "don't shoot the messenger".

Moderators, there's offtopic, then there's blatant threadcrapping / spamming. ehehat = spamming.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Hey don't take what I said personally... it's just light humor, nothing serious.

Moderators, there's offtopic, then there's blatant threadcrapping / spamming. ehehat = spamming.
    Wow! Really? Dont take YOU too personally\seriously but by all means; report me for spamming?

get a sense of humor!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Post pics from all your devices. Maybe that will get us back on track again.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    not sure i would buy another winmo 6.1 phone until they fix all the god damn bugs. Not sure how life would be without the keyboard either. However If you can get an attachable keyboard like old palm had that would be kinda cool...
    I currently keep a wireless bluetooth keyboard in my truck (4.7L V8 gas guzzler in need of a working HHO generator... or an illegal diesel engine swap to use w/ biodiesel). I use it at meetings (where laptops aren't practical) to take notes on my Treo. I like the idea of a larger slide out keyboard (HTC Pro) for two reasons: eliminate need for foldable BT keyboard, ability to try some speed thumb typing...

Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Wow! Really? Dont take YOU too personally\seriously but by all means; report me for spamming?

get a sense of humor!
    I made a very clear distinction between your post and what I posted, and I didn't click on the "report post" icon.

Your posts: offtopic, excessive, blatant spamming, and if you think about it... immature + not funny.

Don't take it personally, just stating the facts. It's not like I have a lot of experience as a highly qualified or highly skilled "moderator" or "admin" on several other high traffic forums...

Your phone "resume" is hard to beat.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Your posts: offtopic, excessive, blatant spamming, and if you think about it... immature + not funny.
    Don't take it personally, just stating the facts. It's not like I have a lot of experience as a highly qualified or highly skilled "moderator" or "admin" on several other high traffic forums...
    No reason to take it personally. Your opinion is yours and you are free to have it. I was simply making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how the thread had gotten off-topic. There were no personal attacks & no name-calling. You dont like the humor? Thats unfortunate. To call it "spamming" is over-exaggerating and inflammatory. "immature"? maybe..to you. Maybe not to others. Who are you to judge? Just stating the "facts".

Moving on......
    My kids are NASCAR freaks and have a ton of items. These are the 1:64 size cars. There are over 150 cars in these photos and at $5 plus tax, well you can do the math.

Pictures take with Sanyo M1.

Porsche got on the on ramp and was spinning tires the entire time. The back end came around and BAM, hit the guard rail right in front me. He was so pissed.

Sanyo M1 again.

A third of our Fireworks display for New Years. Can't find the mortars picture.

Sanyo M1.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Do you leave the cars on display like that or are they just out for the pics? Thats some dad to devote that much space to display the kids collection.
    Nah, they have them in a suitcase normally. They have too much stuff to display. They have NASCAR rooms too.

I'm glad I broke the bashing cycle with way off topic stuff. Back to your scheduled topic.

The Diamond won't show up in most Sprint stores until the beginning of October and the Touch Pro is supposed to launch on 10/19. Odd timing. I'm sure that the incredibly small size and large battery in the Diamond will appeal to a lot of people, but I don't think that I could ever do away with a hard keyboard entirely.
    I owned the Instinct, which has a far larger virtual keyboard than the Diamond (long device + horizontal keyboard). I still got a lot of typos and my text entry rate was insanely lower than my 755p or BB Curve. So that was the factor that ruled out the Diamond for me.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I've played with my friends iphone several times (similar to diamond as far as "bells & whistles" and SIP). Cool UI but painfully slow entering text. He keeps telling me "you get used to that, look at how cool it is!" but then shows a face of envy when he sees how quickly i can type on my "ugly brick".
    okay guys i got the diamond yesterday and HONESTLY there is no going back to the treo 800 for me... i've got a custom ROM loaded up on it already and it does everything! The diamond is str8 up KILLING the Treo... i even got vibration feedback to work on it from xda-developers. there is ZERO lag with the onscreen keyboard.

I am quite shocked about this phone since i was coming for the treo with a keyboard but i am telling you guys don't write off the Diamond due to the onscreen keyboard...give it a try and you won't be disappointed

my .02 cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    okay guys i got the diamond yesterday and HONESTLY there is no going back to the treo 800 for me... i've got a custom ROM loaded up on it already and it does everything! The diamond is str8 up KILLING the Treo... i even got vibration feedback to work on it from xda-developers. there is ZERO lag with the onscreen keyboard.

I am quite shocked about this phone since i was coming for the treo with a keyboard but i am telling you guys don't write off the Diamond due to the onscreen keyboard...give it a try and you won't be disappointed

my .02 cents!
    post pics of on screen keyboard..
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post

my .02 cents!

Funny, my experience was the exact opposite of yours. I have the diamond and treo 800w sitting on my desk right now. The diamond is going back after less than 24 hours with it. The screen is pretty, but there is no replacing a front facing hard keyboard (yet).
    It's simple math for me. The diamond keyboard is smaller than the Instinct's, and the Instinct's was insufficient. Even assuming you had a nearly "perfect" virtual keyboard, they simply do not function the same as a hardware keyboard. They might be good enough to get by, but it's not a replacement, more like a substitution. Not to mention if you only have virtual input, every app you use has to function differently because a large portion of the screen is used for keyboard space (that's much different than device space being used for a hardware keyboard, but the screen remaining the same).
    Who's going to start the "Will you replace your 800w with the HTC HD when that comes out" thread??

HTC HD sure is looking sweet though!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/17/h...release-style/
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I got the Diamond last week. Honestly both phones has its Pros and cons. I like the Treo for the hard keyboard (faster text and emailing), louder earpiece, slightly better reception. I like the Diamond for the touchflo 3D, sharp screen, youtube app, Opera mobile browser. after having it for a week I am sending it back, the lack of a keyboard is the real deciding factor. I used a iphone for a month and i didnt have a problem with that because the iphone screen is larger and MUCH more responsive than HTC's. I think the diamond screen is too small to use a virtual keyboard. I'll be keeping my Treo until the Pro comes out and give that a whirl. Even though im not a big fan of slide out keyboards either
    I have been using the Diamond for two days and already know I am not going to keep it. Here are the real world pros and cons vs the Treo 800w:

Diamond Pros:

Excellent bright, crisp screen.
    MS Voice Command actually works through Bluetooth.
    No volume reset problem.
    smaller in size

Diamond Cons:

Too small
    Gets way too hot.
    Touch screen very hard and not as responsive as original touch.
    Camera is terrible. The Treo takes equal shots with a lesser camera.
    Even though it has a larger battery it drains just as quick as the Treo due to the screen and faster processor.
    TF3D is faster than the original Touch but is still very slow to complete tasks when compared to the treo.
    On screen keyboard is bad, I downloaded Resco Pro and it works much better but still half as fast as treo.
    Very poor signal strength. where i get 6 bars with treo i get 1 to 2 with diamond.
    Very low on ROM storage and capped at 4GB
    The Treo actually performs faster with a slower processor than the diamond
    Opera is slower than IE on both the diamond and treo.
    YouTube is very very slow compared to the iPhone and iPod Touch
    No short cut or quick key options
    the screen is too small
    nav pad is very hard to use

Many cons to this device. If you dont text or email alot you will probably like the diamond better than the treo.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    I have been using the Diamond for two days and already know I am not going to keep it. Here are the real world pros and cons vs the Treo 800w:

Diamond Pros:

Excellent bright, crisp screen.
    MS Voice Command actually works through Bluetooth.
    No volume reset problem.
    smaller in size

Diamond Cons:

Too small
    Gets way too hot.
    Touch screen very hard and not as responsive as original touch.
    Camera is terrible. The Treo takes equal shots with a lesser camera.
    Even though it has a larger battery it drains just as quick as the Treo due to the screen and faster processor.
    TF3D is faster than the original Touch but is still very slow to complete tasks when compared to the treo.
    On screen keyboard is bad, I downloaded Resco Pro and it works much better but still half as fast as treo.
    Very poor signal strength. where i get 6 bars with treo i get 1 to 2 with diamond.
    Very low on ROM storage and capped at 4GB
    The Treo actually performs faster with a slower processor than the diamond
    Opera is slower than IE on both the diamond and treo.
    YouTube is very very slow compared to the iPhone and iPod Touch
    No short cut or quick key options
    the screen is too small
    nav pad is very hard to use

Many cons to this device. If you dont text or email alot you will probably like the diamond better than the treo.
    Very well said but i have to disagree on a couple things. first the Youtube app i think its just as good and fast as the iphones. Sometimes it does take a minute for it to load but most of the time its good

Athough i agree the screen is not very responsive i believe its actually more responsive than that original Touch.

Other than that i agree with everything you said, especially about it getting very hot while in use, whats up with that? i wouldnt discourage anyone from getting a Diamond, but all i say is read the pros and cons carefully and decide based upon what your uses would be. The Diamond has the nice "wow" factor but its not practical, i think the Treo is better for everyday usage.
    Last edited by karong; 09/23/2008 at 02:09 PM.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast