Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So I have no idea how this happened but my battery icon was replaced with volume control. Any idea's on how to reset it so the battery is shown rather than volume control?

thanks ahead of time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    So I have no idea how this happened but my battery icon was replaced with volume control. Any idea's on how to reset it so the battery is shown rather than volume control?

thanks ahead of time.....
    Soft Reset will fix it. The volume icon is a standard WM6.x thing, Palm tweaked it and put a batter icon there. Happens to some of us occasionally, esp after device.exe errors.

BigMots
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Cool that worked. Obviously didn't think of resetting it. DOH
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Mine does that too. I'm not sure but I think the battery won't charge on the usb cable in this case.

Also, I am not so tolerant of soft resets. Is there anyone at Palm paying attention to how often this is neccessary? I think it it is entirely too often. If you're expecting an important email you ought to keep doing soft resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by jss87 View Post
    If you're expecting an important email you ought to keep doing soft resets.
    That's a bit excessive but whatever works for you.

I'm not sure you have to reset so much, though. Maybe you have some crappy third party app installed that is helping to degrade your end-user experience.

If at all, I only have to soft reset about once a week which is completely acceptable.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jss87 View Post
    Mine does that too. I'm not sure but I think the battery won't charge on the usb cable in this case.

Also, I am not so tolerant of soft resets. Is there anyone at Palm paying attention to how often this is neccessary? I think it it is entirely too often. If you're expecting an important email you ought to keep doing soft resets.
    I know pmclean allows you to schedule a clean and soft reset every night while you're asleep. That way, you can soft reset often without affecting your usage of the device.