Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Will try that when i get back home with my laptop or might even add it and test it here at work. I like the look of Wmwifi better then USBmodem. But i was able to get a legit IP with WMwifi and USbmodem never gave me a good IP. Have u tried USBmodem and if so what do u thinl of it. Now i have to decide what other software do i really want on here like SPB stuff. Appreciate the info anymore u have feel free to send a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    for how long is the trial good for?
    30 days IIRC.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why do you need legit IP?

I think USBmodem is the same as PDAnet right? I only use PDAnet.
    WMwifi i think is 21 days.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Do you use the keep alive thing on 800w? Is it needed?

You use it to monitor your battery temp also? Is it needed on 800w?
    Went to but the software and keeps denying my payment saying to use other perameters. Any clue what toey could be referring to?
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Went to but the software and keeps denying my payment saying to use other perameters. Any clue what toey could be referring to?
    I am not too sure who "toey" is.

Try a different card.
    No just use one card never any problems before. Sent them email but haven't heard anything back. Wish they used paypal but i guess oh well i will wait and see if they respond. Trial period is over and need a key/license to use it now.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I want to confirm with you on this software:

1. To use the phone to USB, you have to get the software up and running, *THEN* connect your USB? Otherwise it will not work?

2. While you are doing 1 above, the activesync will not be running.

Let me know if this correct with you.
    Can't try due to trial expired and when i try to buy it fails for some unknown reason. Looks like at the moment i will have to try another option unless support from them helps but it seems they don't care since they haven't responded back.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I want to confirm with you on this software:

1. To use the phone to USB, you have to get the software up and running, *THEN* connect your USB? Otherwise it will not work?

2. While you are doing 1 above, the activesync will not be running.

Let me know if this correct with you.
    Did you read their Documentation page?

http://support.wmwifirouter.com/documentation/
    Last edited by NRG; 11/23/2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Link
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah I just did. It didnt say about the mechanic of plugging it in first, then turn on the software or the other way first.

I read somewhere this software is suppose to be free and done by all the open source programmers and the author hijack it.

Read here:

http://www.phonenews.com/where-in-th...firouter-2763/
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Yah I just did. It didnt say about the mechanic of plugging it in first, then turn on the software or the other way first.

I read somewhere this software is suppose to be free and done by all the open source programmers and the author hijack it.

Read here:

http://www.phonenews.com/where-in-th...firouter-2763/
    Chonga is that where u dl'ed it from? I tried and zip is gone and cab comes back unsecessful. If you didn't get it from WMWifi and have to pay for it can u send it or direct me to it cause i tried to pay but having unknown issues and want to use my laptop while on the rode.
    Tried a version of wmwifi 091 and it keeps erroring whe i try to start it. It never is easy when you like something. Welli willcontinuento try to find a good key for a legtit version since i have tried to pay with no success.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    LOL Where are you from? Are you actually in USA?

I didnt get the software from there. I got it from the actual website.
    I am trying anything possible at this point. I just want to be able to use my phone to connect my laptop to the internet.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes I have use this software. You can also try PDAnet.
    My only thing is, you can only use it for about an hour on the 800w until the battery totally drains, and this is while plugged into the wall. Am I the only one only getting an hour or so worth of use? Any tips for battery life with this program?

Also, if you use registry/DNS tweaks to make the EVDO on your handset faster, is the speed noticeable when using WMwifirouter?
    Last edited by SeanC1906; 11/27/2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    Also, if you use registry/DNS tweaks to make the EVDO on your handset faster, is the speed noticeable when using WMwifirouter?
    What tweaks are you referring to for increasing EVDO performance?
    It is a battery hog. No question about it.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast