Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    A few days ago the threaded sms stopped showing my outgoing messages in the threaded view. I can still see them if I go to the "sent" folder, but when looking in the inbox I don't see them. I can still see the outgoing messages from before this started and I still see all the incoming messages in the appropriate thread. Anyone have any ideas about a setting I may have changed (I can't think of anything I did) or another fix for this problem?

    Thanks,
    yohaas
  2. #2  
    Are you using Palm's SMS? If so, you can check to see if you created chats from messages. In the Palm SMS, go to Menu > Options > Chat.

    FYI, by default, when you first create an SMS, it will not show in the inbox, until you receive a reply.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Are you using Palm's SMS? If so, you can check to see if you created chats from messages. In the Palm SMS, go to Menu > Options > Chat.

    FYI, by default, when you first create an SMS, it will not show in the inbox, until you receive a reply.
    I'm using the Palm SMS that came installed...and I have it set to create chats. These are all old chats that have many messages in them...they used to show the outgoing messages, but no longer do.
  4. #4  
    Happened to me, so I did a backup using Sprite, then a hard reset. Restored with the Sprite backup but checked off the PalmMsg001 file that gets installed from the Windows folder. It cured my issues.

    Those issues happened as well as eventually it became so corrupt that my phone wasn't even sending out texts at all.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Happened to me, so I did a backup using Sprite, then a hard reset. Restored with the Sprite backup but checked off the PalmMsg001 file that gets installed from the Windows folder. It cured my issues.

    Those issues happened as well as eventually it became so corrupt that my phone wasn't even sending out texts at all.
    I figured I might have to do that. Is the PalmMsg001 file where the text messages are stored? Did you lose all your old messages?

    Thanks.
  6. #6  
    Yes, I believe it is the msg DB and it somehow got corrupt. So you will lose your texts... however, its def better than an entire HARD reset and loss of everything. I try to purge every week anyway, I find that response time for the msging program is slowed down by a larger PALMMSG001 db file.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yes, I believe it is the msg DB and it somehow got corrupt. So you will lose your texts... however, its def better than an entire HARD reset and loss of everything. I try to purge every week anyway, I find that response time for the msging program is slowed down by a larger PALMMSG001 db file.
    Thanks for the help...I'll give it a try.

Posting Permissions