Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo755p=>Treo800w=> Sprint HTC Diamond or Sprint HTC Pro?

I'm coming back to WM with the Pro. I need a physical keyboard. Will keep the Curve too and bounce back and forth.

So mine history will continue. 800w->Curve & Pro
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    That's a good question. Hopefully the talk-time spec on the HTC Touch Pro (as shown on wmexperts.com) is better than advertised: "1340mAh battery good for 3.75 hours of talk time"

If this is true - I will gladly hold on to my 800w. FWIW,coming from Palm devices - I really appreciate the Palm touches in the 800w.
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Well I certainly hope Sprint does not "replace" the Treo with HTC devices. The flip keyboard often causes people to hit the screen when trying to press the top buttons. And I just prefer the Treo keyboard, so hopefully Palm can stay in the competition.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Not for me! I will never ever ever go back to flip phone. I came from the Mogul and I am tired of it.

I believe HTC make good phones and if they make something like the Treo form factor, then its the end of Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    ...if they make something like the Treo form factor, then its the end of Palm.
    I'm sure Palm has a lot of patents to prevent that from happening.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    It's all about the Treo keyboard for me. I just changed to an 800w from a mogul last week, and I never knew how much I missed the keyboard on my 700w or 700wx until now.
    HTC makes the 800w (though Palm designed it - yuck) and they also make the Treo Pro (which they designed themselves). They have the Diamond, Touch Pro and the Touch HD coming out soon. The Diamond launches 9/14, the Touch Pro on 10/19 and the Touch HD in December (for GSM).
    I actually didn't mind the slide-out on my PPC6700 that much, but a large number of people find it annoying. So I think the Diamond and Pro will serve to expand the options for folks: you will have a great phone whether you like the virtual keyboard, front-facing KB, or slider.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Eh, they'll be alright devices and for those who enjoy the form factor a nice update from current gen devices.

But 1340mAh battery good for 3.75 hours...?

Like I said weeks ago, large VGA, faster processor and more memory all come at a cost. But people want those shiny black slab/iphone clones sooo bad...

Even with a larger battery than the 800w it gets less rated talk time.

The downward cycle continues...
    Willing to bet that these get more talk time than the 800w in the real world. I'd also be willing to bet that the GPS works perfectly on the HTC phones.

Feel free to ignore the 800w-fanboys who like to hate on every other phone.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    People are wanting more and more out of their phones. With TV, Internet radio, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc., batteries are being pushed pretty hard right now. WM7 is going to want the camera to be on all the time. Battery tech better improve pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    People are wanting more and more out of their phones. With TV, Internet radio, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc., batteries are being pushed pretty hard right now. WM7 is going to want the camera to be on all the time. Battery tech better improve pretty quickly.
    With WM6.1 working very well, I don't feel the need to "upgrade" to WM7, especially if it's more resource-intensive as all past Windows "upgrades" have been.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    It's a matter of time before HTC uses a similar form factor as Palm or Blackberry. Everyone can make a non-slideout keyboard. Samsung Blackjack and Moto Q have it. Why not HTC?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    It's a matter of time before HTC uses a similar form factor as Palm or Blackberry. Everyone can make a non-slideout keyboard. Samsung Blackjack and Moto Q have it. Why not HTC?
    it is all a question of real estate. large screens really pack a whole bunch of benefit on a convergence device eg video, browsing, easier to use GPS.

I think there is a well rounded mix of BB/treo small screen + small qwerty, full size screen with keys on screen, and a slide out offers an excellent alternative for people who want the bigger screen but do a lot of typing.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Palm Treo form factor is patent? In what way? I have seen things like BlackJack that looks the Palm but not as sexy.

HTC makes the 800w ???
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    The big conspiracy theory is that Palm and HTC have a no-compete agreement in exchange for letting HTC manufacture some of the Treo line (Inventec and Chi-mei are others; it's not clear who makes the 800w as nothing definitive has been evidenced).

No one has ever provided proof for this argument but it does sort of make sense, so who knows.

HTC also has made a front qwerty device ( but WM Standard), the S640 (aka Iris), but it wasn't released here in the U.S.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/11/2008 at 09:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    HTC makes the 800w ....
    Please provide source and/or link.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    HTC also has made a front qwerty device ( but WM Standard), the S640 (aka Iris), but it wasn't released here in the U.S.
    HTC did the Excalibur, running WM Standard and sold domestically through T-Mobile as T-Mobile Dash. I didn't really like the thing, but it had a good chunk of users.

Personally, I'd like to see a 480x320 or 640x480 HTC QWERTY-bar in the same vein as BlackBerry Bold, but running WM Pro. May never happen though, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    Please provide source and/or link.
    Don't hold your breath...
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    HTC did the Excalibur, running WM Standard and sold domestically through T-Mobile as T-Mobile Dash. I didn't really like the thing, but it had a good chunk of users.
    True that. What a great device and it seemed quite popular. I'm actually very surprised that they have not come out with a newer version. Very surprised.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast