Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I emailed Seidio regarding whether or not they would be supporting the Treo Pro, and today I received a response stating that they currently have no plans to support the device. Any of the online Seidio folks want to confirm/deny? I will only carry my device with a holster, so if Seidio isn't supporting the Pro, I won't be buying it.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    good.. Seidio is a two-bit POS company that sells two-bit POS garbage products.

every single battery I have ever received from Seidio has broken and dont even get me started on the rest of their garbage (and **** poor customer service).

i really cant imagine making a decision on buying a phone based on Seidios support of it.. lol
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    I emailed Seidio regarding whether or not they would be supporting the Treo Pro, and today I received a response stating that they currently have no plans to support the device. Any of the online Seidio folks want to confirm/deny? I will only carry my device with a holster, so if Seidio isn't supporting the Pro, I won't be buying it.
    I've got a Seidio pouch for my 755p, so I agree that there's some good stuff with their name on it, but... Are they the ONLY manufacturer you'd trust to create a holster for your device?

What about Palm?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    My experience w/Seidio has been great - extended battery I bought for my old Treo 700p & a metal sylus for my Centro.
    The battery made a huge difference in my Treo powee lasting longer.
    Good Luck
  5.    #5  
    Okay, I suppose I should clarify. I only carry my PDAs in holsters. I am an ER doc, I wear scrubs all day, and the only way I have found I can carry my PDA without destroying it is in a holster. Seidio is one of the few companies that makes holsters with face-inward designs, so I really look forward to their support. Personally, I have found all of their products (at least their holsters) to be high-quality and able to withstand the torture of a busy emergency department.

Bottomline, if another company makes a holster like Seidio's design, I will be happy. But I do indeed hope Seidio decides to support the Pro.

BTW, I don't like pouches.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Looking at the form factor of the iPhone we will not be short on pouches / holsters or any other cosmetic accessory

iPhone: 115.5x62.1x12.3 mm
    Treo Pro: 113x60x14 mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    From personal experience and postings here, I think most folks would disagree wih you. I have nothing but praise for Seidio and their local reps here on TC have been amazing at responding to questions and issues.

Heck, even all my *****in' about the Centro/Athena adapter (which turned out to be an issue with first trying an older coupler), I'm still very confident in their products.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    PDA,

Sorry for the confusion, but customer service isn't typically going to have information about products that aren't available yet.

To clarify...we are definitely looking at creating product for the Treo Pro. I don't have any more information on what or when, but I'll definitely try and keep you posted when I hear something.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    My two cents - the two extended Seido batteries I used with my 750 have never been anything but great. Sorry sounds like you had a bad experience with some of their products.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The extended battery for my 680 - fantastic! The various 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapters? Not so good... They last 4 months or so at best... One of the reasons I'm looking forward to a 3.5mm jack on the phone itself .
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have not had any problems with any Seidio products I have purchased. I don't see the problem.
    Definately not a believer in Seidio either. There batteries are crap and they are expensive.

I manage about 25 phones and we bought a bunch of Seidio batteries that have failed very quickly. Mostly 2100 mah Moto Q batteries.
    I too felt the battery for the 700wx was subpar but I will continue to buy other products from seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post

every single battery I have ever received from Seidio has broken and dont even get me started on the rest of their garbage (and **** poor customer service).

i really cant imagine making a decision on buying a phone based on Seidios support of it.. lol
    I would have to agree. They had a huge problem with their batteries for the Touch (lied about the increase in talk time) and took forever to issue refunds to many unhappy customers.

Seidio was also busted (and banned) on another popular forum for posting fake user reviews of their own products.
    Purchased an extended battery for my 750 that failed after about a month. Got the complete run around from their customer service until I posted on here. Seidioseidio came to the rescue and they did finally replace it and it still works to this day.

I saw much more negative commentary than positive during that time period. I would probably not buy from them again though.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have had several Seidio batteries over the years and they have all been strong and reliable. They make the best, strongest holsters and their customer service is awesome. I am sure they will see if treo pros sells and if the numbers are high enough I am sure they will develop accessories for the Treo Pro.
    Okay, I suppose I should clarify. I only carry my PDAs in holsters. I am an ER doc, I wear scrubs all day, and the only way I have found I can carry my PDA without destroying it is in a holster. Seidio is one of the few companies that makes holsters with face-inward designs, so I really look forward to their support. Personally, I have found all of their products (at least their holsters) to be high-quality and able to withstand the torture of a busy emergency department.

Bottomline, if another company makes a holster like Seidio's design, I will be happy. But I do indeed hope Seidio decides to support the Pro.

BTW, I don't like pouches.
    I hope you end up with what you want/need.

I used to dig holsters but I got tired of the down-sides like clips gradually wearing out to the point where the phone spontaneously pops out and hits the ground. Also, I need to be able to quickly and easily manually reset my phone. Holsters inhibit that.

I used to have beeyoooooootiful aluminum holsters, complete with (self-drilled) reset holes (since they consistently were manufactured with the holes on the wrong side). They became problematic, after a while, but they were cool at first.

Now, I've got a surprisingly secure Seidio belt pouch that works very well for my needs. Again, I hope you soon find something that meets yours.
    I've got the superslim Seidio hard case/holster combo and the Seidio extended battery (the one that doesn't require a new battery door) for my Treo 750. No complaints here.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I've got the superslim Seidio hard case/holster combo and the Seidio extended battery (the one that doesn't require a new battery door) for my Treo 750. No complaints here.
    I had some for my 755p but it popped open whenever it fell, causing the Treo to his the ground as well. Kinda makes a hardcase useless.

I drop my Treo much, much less frequently WITHOUT a hardcase, as odd as that may sound.
    I agree with the "Holster is the absolute best way" cliam by PDAholic. But it is the Helix holster that you want to be made for the Pro. Follow up with them...............
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast