Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Seidio: Thanks for responding in this thread. I apologize that the thread resulted in some mudslinging--that was not my intention when I started it. I have bought 3 holsters from you for different phones, and all have been excellent. I will look forward to your support.

West3Man: I thank you for your kind words. You always make nice posts, and for that I am appreciative.

ewhip: I will check out the company Helix, too. I remember a review comparing their holster with one from Seidio, and both companies scored favorably for different reasons. Many thanks.

Thanks to everyone else who posted helpful responses.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I have been using extended pouches and accessories from Seidio with the Motorola Q and the Treo 750.

Great company and great products.

Regards
    graylion
    My wife and I had a 680 and 750 at the same time, so I bought two Seidio 1600 extended batteries. They both, pretty much on the button started to lose their charge capacity at around the 1 year mark.

I moved back to the OEM 1200mAh battery as a result while the woman moved onto a Centro.

I guess thats the standard useful life on a battery, 1 year?

In terms of carrying cases, I absolutely love Krusell branded leather holsters. Been using Krusell since my Treo 270. Try them out as an alternative manufacturer. Ebay has great deals on it.
  4. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    I guess thats the standard useful life on a battery, 1 year?
    Might be for Seidio but certainly not for OEM. Some of my devices are still going strong after 3 years (on the few I've kept that long).

My experience of other Seidio products and service hasn't been good, e.g. Innodocks that don't charge, zero response to email queries (or questions posted here), and ripping customers off by charging an extra $8 to "upgrade" cables from USB 1.0 to USB 2.0 [1]. YMMV, but they're not the kind of operation that attracts my money.

[1] Any cable that is fully to USB 1.0 spec should work with 2.0
    Last edited by Me2; 09/18/2008 at 07:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Great to hear Seidio is planning to bring goodies to the Pro!

Now, we are always eager to jump and grill bad companies and bad experiences. Heck, I have grilled Palm for their crappy 700p for quite a while now. With that said, in order to be fair we have to also praise companies that do good and in my own experience, Seidio is in that camp of good companies.

I have to admit that whenever I look for Treo accesories, I always end up buying Seidio products. Their extended batteries, cradles and cables are always top notch quality. When I had my 700p almost everything I had was from Seidio. Their customer support was also top notch when one of their hard skins broke a week after I got it.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    I have to admit that whenever I look for Treo accesories, I always end up buying Seidio products.
    thats because they are usually the only ones that carry these products. that doesnt mean they are good products. they are short-lived garbage.

i wish someone would come along and compete
    -tgwaste
    Never had any issues with the extended batteries. I wouldn't call those short-lived or garbage.

The thin, plastic, hard-cases on the other hand... Every time I dropped the phone the case would go flying off the phone in 2 different directions.
    As you are reading throughout this thread, it is a total crapshoot ordering anything from Seidio. No doubt they put out some great and unique products. But they also put out more than their share of either defective or poorly designed products. But in my long history with them that is not the worst part. Their customer service is the absolutely worst that I have ever dealt with online...and I have made hundreds of transactions online over the years. They are worse than the actual cell phone carriers themselves (and worse than the cable company). In a thread like this you would expect to see a few people who had bad experiences. But look at how many people have had marginal to terrible experiences with this company. Extrapolate these statistics and you are bound to have a simialr bad experience if you deal with Seidio more than a few times. I wrote off this circus a long time ago. If you do throw some money Seidios way, I have no sympathy for you when it goes south and Seidio fails to respond to you. You have been sufficiently warned.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    If you do throw some money Seidios way, I have no sympathy for you when it goes south and Seidio fails to respond to you. You have been sufficiently warned.
    Wow, that was one melodramatic post. If you read any of my posts, you would see I have been quite happy with the previous products I have purchased from Seidio. Anyway, I'm willing to risk 30 bucks on a holster, despite being "sufficiently warned." LMAO.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12