Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Well, I've got mine this morning and am able to answer my own question.

The buttons, tough part of the 'flush screen' effect, dip down slightly and flex, so there's no way they can be covered by a screen protector without it coming loose at regular intervals and needing replacement.

I'm going for one that just covers the visible part of the screen, ie the standard 320 x 320 square. (Sudden thought) Hey, maybe I've still got one left from my Treo 650, I only ever used one and they tend to come on packs of three......

Edit: Yes, I do, and as I hoped it fits a treat!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Well, I've got mine this morning and am able to answer my own question.

The buttons, tough part of the 'flush screen' effect, dip down slightly and flex, so there's no way they can be covered by a screen protector without it coming loose at regular intervals and needing replacement.
    I should be getting replacement protectors from ScreenPatronus which are slightly narrower.

I didn't notice a problem with the protector covering the keys, but them I only had the protector in place for a couple of days!
    Hey Stig please let us know if the narrower ones work and look the best. I defiantly want to cover the whole screen or glass area and not just the 2.4 / 2.5 inch square.

I usually use the thick hard protectors. Is that going to be impossible? Are the edges cured down? Does it look like that would cause the edge of a hard protector to not lay flat?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Hey Stig please let us know if the narrower ones work and look the best. I defiantly want to cover the whole screen or glass area and not just the 2.4 / 2.5 inch square.

I usually use the thick hard protectors. Is that going to be impossible? Are the edges cured down? Does it look like that would cause the edge of a hard protector to not lay flat?
    Although it’s called a ‘flush screen’ the casing is slightly higher than the screen. This ‘lip’ means that a protector that is too wide won’t stick to the screen properly. A perfect protector would fit just inside the screen area.

The ScreenPatronus protectors are soft. The new smaller ones should arrive soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Although it’s called a ‘flush screen’ the casing is slightly higher than the screen. This ‘lip’ means that a protector that is too wide won’t stick to the screen properly. A perfect protector would fit just inside the screen area.

The ScreenPatronus protectors are soft. The new smaller ones should arrive soon.
    So is your goal to cover the whole screen area? I want to make sure i get a protector that lines up the edges of the protector with what ever edge is on the TP. Is this the shape I'd have to shoot for to keep from having noticeable screen protector edges showing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    So is your goal to cover the whole screen area? I want to make sure i get a protector that lines up the edges of the protector with what ever edge is on the TP. Is this the shape I'd have to shoot for to keep from having noticeable screen protector edges showing?
    That's exactly the shape of the ScreenPatronus protectors, with a cut-out at the top for the speaker.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've certainly been pleased with my Treo 650 screen protector (Boxwave Crystal), as the edges of the protector line up exactly with the edges of the Pro's visible screen (ie the square silvery frame) and it's almost completely invisible in use.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ordered my screen protector from Martinfields. Anyone get this protector?

http://www.martinfields.com/us/dis_p...od_type=screen
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Wow, even a tiny little screen protector for the camera lens!

But, if that picture is correct, it also covers the earpiece (ie no cutout hole), doesn't that lead to a reduction of sound quality/volume?

How are those who have the whole flush surface covered getting on with them, is the lower part standing up to the button presses OK?
    Hi, I had some old screen protectors for my treo 600 fellowes writeright, made for the treo 90, 270. they fit the screen well, at least until they make some custom one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I should be getting replacement protectors from ScreenPatronus which are slightly narrower.

...clip...
    Any update?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    so who is using a screen protector and how is it holding up?
    Quote Originally Posted by TLCC View Post
    so who is using a screen protector and how is it holding up?
    I bought Treo 755p screen protectors and they work PERFECTLY on the pro. I dont even notice it anymore.

http://store.treocentral.com/smartph...k/15A43A28.htm
    -tgwaste
    Over the past year, I've gotten so used to carrying a WM Standard device without a screen protector, I can't talk myself into putting one on the Pro.

As slick as this device is, the fingerprints and hand grease should be enough to offer some level of protection as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    Anyone know if Invisible Shield is also available for Treo (sorry I ask the same question in another thread, but this one looks more relevant)? I saw people use them for their iphones.
    I found this shield from Case Mate. Even if you don't want to use the backing it may be worth it just for the front.

http://www.case-mate.com/clear-armor...-palm-treo-pro

Quote Originally Posted by TLCC View Post
    Ordered my screen protector from Martinfields. Anyone get this protector?

http://www.martinfields.com/us/dis_p...od_type=screen
    They do have some of the nicest protectors I've used. Have not tried them on a Palm device but have used them on all of my HTC devices.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/05/2008 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I found this shield from Case Mate. Even if you don't want to use the backing it may be worth it just for the front.

http://www.case-mate.com/clear-armor...or-palm-centro

They do have some of the nicest protectors I've used. Have not tried them on a Palm device but have used them on all of my HTC devices.
    For the Treo Pro: http://www.case-mate.com/clear-armor...-palm-treo-pro

I am inclined to get this one.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    For the Treo Pro: http://www.case-mate.com/clear-armor...-palm-treo-pro

I am inclined to get this one.
    Linked the wrong one... My fault. Only bad thing is they don't ship for 2-3 weeks.
    FYI, Just ordered a MartinFields protector. It ships from hong kong, expected shipping looks to be around 1-2 weeks
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SitDown View Post
    FYI, Just ordered a MartinFields protector. It ships from hong kong, expected shipping looks to be around 1-2 weeks
    i ordered and received mine in about 1 week (including the weekend). pictures here if you'd like to see it on "da Pro".
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by SitDown View Post
    I've had the MartinFields protector for a couple of days now, and I'm really happy with it. The fit is good. Not perfect in the corners above the send/end keys, but good. It is very thick and shiny. Seems to pe pretty scratch-resistant too. Shipping to Sweden took one week.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast