Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    thanks for the update broncot
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Great find (I shot it over to Engadget Mobile and told them to give you credit).

Now, do I dare disturb that wonderful cooked rom of Ebag's or leave well enough alone? Who am I kidding, I can never leave well enough alone!
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Since I have retired my WX I will be a test subject. Hopefully the updated fixes the BT which is the only reason I switched to the Centro. Centro is good trustly little phone but I miss WM. Will keep you posted. 5:14PM and 50% loaded. Interesting note. My computer just recognized a "new HTC device" ???
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Update complete. 30 minutes elapsed time. No problems so far. I have to re-active and do *228 more details to come
    omfg!
    imma take lunch break, run home, try this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Great find (I shot it over to Engadget Mobile and told them to give you credit).

Now, do I dare disturb that wonderful cooked rom of Ebag's or leave well enough alone? Who am I kidding, I can never leave well enough alone!
    My ROM is the Verizon 1.24 rom. It just doesn't suck.

/me edits

I haven't looked at it yet, and I got it pre-release, so it's possible they've cleaned it up. I certainly hope so.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 09/10/2008 at 04:51 PM.
    this also means that threaded sms should work, along with mms, correct?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    In reviewing the update for WM 6 it states:

1. Before installing this update please make sure to backup the data on your device. Installing the update will delete all data present on the device. Why is all of the date cleared from your Treo? It takes a while to reload it all again.

2. Do not have an SD card in the device when installing this update. Why when it also says...Do save this update locally to your desktop or to a CD or expansion card before running it on your Verizon Treo 700wx. You can only save it to your SD card with and external device??

I think WM6 is great but is it really worth the hassle. Will the performance on the Treo be greatly improved? Just a couple of questions for the forum.

Pap
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I haven't looked at it yet, and I got it pre-release, so it's possible they've cleaned it up. I certainly hope so.

Methinks I might hold off and see what others feel about it. I've been running "Testing 2" for quite some time. I never went to "Testing 5" because 2 runs so well.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Office 2007 support - Open and edit Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel® documents, and view Microsoft Office PowerPoint® documents. Backward compatible with Office 2003.
    Does this mean it wont work with .doc, .xls files created with Office versions before 2003?
    I upgraded to it. a tad bit more sluggish. still exploring the few features.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Great, keep us posted. That "sluggish" term doesn't sound too good, but let us know about those new features. Especially this one they claim is included:

"Voice Command via Bluetooth® wireless technology - Get more done while you stay hands-free3, Dial by voice, or hear your upcoming appointments with your Bluetooth headset."
    Last edited by mixman; 09/10/2008 at 07:14 PM.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Pros:
    * HTML support in e-mail. (Cons: a tad bit more lag than WM5 text e-mails)
    * Cools and sounds cooler than WM5 (lawl)

Haven't tried anything else much. I mainly use my phone for txt messaging. The phone is more sluggish but personally I think it's still bearable.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    "More sluggish" than what? What OS were you running before, WM5? The cooked ROMs Ebagg made run much faster than WM5. That's what's got me wondering if it's worth it.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    wm5 (stock)

trying to fiddle with voice command and bluetooth
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's a fact that due to hardware issues, the 700wx can't do voice command over BT. But that statement on the update page seems to say otherwise.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Just checked...

filesize for the NapaBoth.nb0 is EXACTLY the same as the stock WM6 rom i have been using.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast