Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    You can, but why not use one of the custom roms? (stickied thread)

As a Sprint user you cannot download it, so you'd have to get a Verizon user to do so for oyu.
    i just did the official upgrade last night and then re installed tomtom 6 the only app i had on it before and all is well. i did notice when i go to the settings then about in the version tab it does say it is windows mobile 6 professional
    does this work for the 700w??
    Quote Originally Posted by tybo View Post
    does this work for the 700w??
    Kinda, yes.

I recommend using one of the WM5 Custom ROM's. Some people have reported good luck with the WM6 ones, but some people think they run too slow.

The custom WM5 ones will run *MUCH* faster and will make your 700w feel like a different device.

I would *NOT* use the default Verizon WM6 ROM on a 700w (or 700wx for that matter). The default Verizon ROM run's like a pig.
    So... is everyone's alarm working after the winmo 6 update? I noticed that my alarm will not wake the device after being plugged in all night.
    Does anyone know of a way to reflash the 700wx to winmo5?
    I used the Verizon supplied update, and my alarms are fine. Maje sure your ringer switch is on, and the volume is turned up. I actually get a warning if the volume is off and I set an alarm. Nice touch actually, to catch that.
    well my boss has the 750p verizon and thats the palm os so i think im screwed which really sucks ****ing sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can, but why not use one of the custom roms? (stickied thread)

As a Sprint user you cannot download it, so you'd have to get a Verizon user to do so for oyu.
    I recall a number having ActiveSync connection issues after the upgrade. I wasn't at first, but now can not sync via bluetooth whether my laptop is in it's docking station or not and syncing with the USB cord is hit or miss. Did anyone resolve this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I recall a number having ActiveSync connection issues after the upgrade. I wasn't at first, but now can not sync via bluetooth whether my laptop is in it's docking station or not and syncing with the USB cord is hit or miss. Did anyone resolve this issue?
    I've always had issues with ActiveSync (700wx, 800w, and messing around with other phones).

I set all my computers to permanent guest mode (thanks Mal! ) to minimize difficulties with it, and sync my contacts using Dashwire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've always had issues with ActiveSync (700wx, 800w, and messing around with other phones).

I set all my computers to permanent guest mode (thanks Mal! ) to minimize difficulties with it, and sync my contacts using Dashwire.
    What is permanent guest mode? Instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    What is permanent guest mode? Instructions?
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...ctivesync.html

I actually don't want to kill everyone who ever touched ActiveSync in the most painfully horrible way after setting guest mode.
    Are there any updates for Alltel 700wx owners like me?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    What is the largest the SD card that can work with 1.24?
    OK, I'd like to breath some new life into my Verizon 700W, but with all the talk of 700W, 700WX, Sprint, Verzon, etc..... I want to make sure I pick the right ROM.

Option 1. Use the stock Verizon ROM 1.24 which was released for the 700WX.

Option 2. Use an ebag customized ROM

For Option 2, is this the ROM I should use for a Verizon 700W?

Ebag's Full WM6 Rom
    (Labeled as Testing 5, but this is the latest version.)

Rom File

And is it good to go for Verizon, no danger of flashing a Sprint radio on my Verizon phone?

Thanks, I'd like to do this once AND have it work.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789