Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcrist View Post
    Re-did the update using the SD updater. Seemed to work fine...when the device was reset, the screen said "Checking SD card..." And stuck there for 45 minutes. I soft-reset the device and got the today screen still on WM5.
    Is the SD card formatted as FAT32? Did you follow the Verizon instructions or the instructions in the first post of the Custom ROM thread? I would use the custom ROM method.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I did my upgrade this past weekend and had BIG problems with the SD updater. There was a .dll that was not being read. Went with the desktop updater and everything went great.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Is it availble for any network or just Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetss View Post
    Is it availble for any network or just Verizon?
    Use my custom ROM for non-Verizon phones.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Worked great on my 700wx! Thanks!
    I have the treo 700wx but had an issue so they are sending me a brand new one, I should be getting it tomorrow. It will be brand new, no contacts nothing on it, now should I just go to the website and add WM6 right to it and it should work? and then put my contacts on from my old phone and everything should be correct, right? I am new to the whole updating stuff so if you can help i'd appreciate it, thanks!
    installed and testing, they screwed up and still did not included threaded sms...unless I am missing it...

Thank goodness that it is available for us to install
    Threaded SMS is a palm specific program and was never included on the 700w phones.

Verizon would have had to license the program from them, and no doubt they did not want to pay for it.
    I just upgraded my Treo 700wx to WM6. it looks cool and I liked the interface as well as the performance. But, I have one issue. Speaker phone is very loud and voice is choppy when I use it. The other party complains that the hear double voices. Now, I am not sure how to fix this. My WM5 was working like a champ and now I have this issue. I can't even go back now.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    are any of you guys getting that funky little box next to the "on-screen keyboard"?

just wondering if it's just me. is there any way to get rid of it?

YEP..I have that. Not sure how to get rid of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by nansha View Post
    I just upgraded my Treo 700wx to WM6. it looks cool and I liked the interface as well as the performance. But, I have one issue. Speaker phone is very loud and voice is choppy when I use it. The other party complains that the hear double voices. Now, I am not sure how to fix this. My WM5 was working like a champ and now I have this issue. I can't even go back now.

thanks,
    Have you tried hard resetting yet?

YEP..I have that. Not sure how to get rid of that!
    It's the theme I believe. Some themes seem worse than others.

thanks,
    Just upgraded mine... now the arduous task of cobbling applications back on.

-- WM5 Sirius
    -- various tweaks to get rid of the Verizon banner, etc... if they work with WM6
    -- Google Maps
    [QUOTE=Ebag333;1510364]Have you tried hard resetting yet?

Not yet. I shd try it.

thanks.

thanks,
    Try a hard reset. Or reflashing. That's not normal. (Before you try all that, did you try a soft reset?)

And you can go back, there are instructions on how to do so in my custom ROM thread. Though why you'd want to go back (or use Verizon's 6.0 ROM to begin with) is beyond me...the custom ROM's far outperform and offer additional functionality that Verizon's stock rom's don't.

Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    Just upgraded mine... now the arduous task of cobbling applications back on.

-- WM5 Sirius
    -- various tweaks to get rid of the Verizon banner, etc... if they work with WM6
    -- Google Maps
    My custom ROM's have many tweaks included in them.
    I have a 700w, I have software 1.22. I followed the dir as of first post however I get a no rom image on sd card error whe trying to update to wm6. Does this not work for the 700w? I have tried 2 sd cards...
    Look at my custom ROM thread if you want to update a 700w. The Verizon updates are (supposedly) only for 700wx's.
    Has anyone tried to install the threaded messaging app from Palm to see if it mucks up the MMS like it did under WM 5?

Thanks!!!!
    Threaded messaging works fine as does MMS.
    can this be used for sprint users?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast