Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bhew85 View Post
    Damn well thats unfortunate I guess I'll have to go back to 5. Thanks for your input.
    Try flashing again, or try one of the custom ROM's.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Wasn't the WM 6 upgrade supposed to provide for HTML support in Outlook e-mail? Mine looks exactly the same. No graphics at all.
    Only if your exchange server is 2007.
    The HTML on emails does work very well for me, but my exchange server is on 2007. The feature works as advertised, but only for a small percentage of the users.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Wasn't the WM 6 upgrade supposed to provide for HTML support in Outlook e-mail? Mine looks exactly the same. No graphics at all.
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Only if your exchange server is 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by sairb1 View Post
    The HTML on emails does work very well for me, but my exchange server is on 2007.
    I've had my 700wx for almost 2 years and did a hard reset about a month ago with WM5. It was running a lot quicker. I Just updated to WM6 about 4 days ago and it went very smooth. I'd have to say that WM6 seems to be running noticebly more snappy/smoother then with WM5 freshly reset to factory. I'm definitely happy with WM6.

I'll be trying out the voice command bluetooth with the Plantronics 665 to see if I can that to work. I'll try to post what I find.

Anybody have a bluetooth headset that they have found that seems to work well with the Treo 700wx? My Plantroncs 665 is kind of touchy.

Also, anyone out there try overclocking with WM6? If yes, which software did you use? I'm curious and would like to give it a whirl.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Blueant Z9 seems to work pretty well w/ my 700WX
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yup, saw that after I posted. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset and that fixed my sound quality issue. Thanks to everyone who gave me input.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Good!
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Did the update today. Went well and have around 40MB free with the following installed
    • Total Commander
    • Calendar +
    • Tasks +
    • Dashwire
    • MemMaid
    • Small Menu
    • codyPPC's Xcast
    • SPB Backup
    • SPB Pocket Plus
    • Pocket CM
    • Windows Live Search
      • S2U2 1.22

Overall, everything seems to be running smoother

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

I updated my 700wx to 1.24 thinking I was getting WM6. Now, my Treo says its version 1.24, but it's still Windows Mobile 5!!

What happened??

(see attached pics)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcrist View Post
    I updated my 700wx to 1.24 thinking I was getting WM6. Now, my Treo says its version 1.24, but it's still Windows Mobile 5!!

What happened??

(see attached pics)
    Try a soft reset, a hard reset, and/or reflashing. Something is not right with the flash.
    I agree, seems like something went wrong. Maybe only the firmware was updated?

The problem is, if you have to flash again, the desktop updated may tell you that you already have the right version, and it may not let you do it again. If so, you'll have to download the SD card updater and run it from an SD card. I'm told that does not check the version and will let you upgrade again. I have not done it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Try a soft reset, a hard reset, and/or reflashing. Something is not right with the flash.
    If I try to reflash, it tells me I already have the updated version and worn't let me continue!
    If I try to reflash, it tells me I already have the updated version and worn't let me continue!
    See my post above. Try the SD version.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...erizon_sd.html

Did you try the hard reset first though?
    Here's stuff from the log

Checking if the OS version is Windows Mobile 6...
    [9/29/2008 11:42:37] OS Version = (Major = 5, Minor = 1)
    [9/29/2008 11:42:37] Update was not successful. OS not upgraded to WinMo6. Exiting...

[9/29/2008 11:42:40] Updated SW Version string to [1.24]. hr = 0x0
    [9/29/2008 11:42:44] Updated Product Name to [TREO700WX]. hr = 0x0
    [9/29/2008 11:42:44] Update completed successfully.
    [9/29/2008 11:42:44]
    Are you running the desktop updater, or the SD card updater?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    See my post above. Try the SD version.

Did you try the hard reset first though?
    Yep, tried the hard reset...still WM5
    Update via the SD card updater. Or use one of my custom ROM's....
    Update via the SD card updater. Or use one of my custom ROM's....
    Re-did the update using the SD updater. Seemed to work fine...when the device was reset, the screen said "Checking SD card..." And stuck there for 45 minutes. I soft-reset the device and got the today screen still on WM5.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast