Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Is the update WM 6 or 6.1?

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Does the WM6 1.24 need the DST update to be applied also?

-Frank
    no... all previous updates are built in.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    After performing the WM 6 upgrade, when I send/receive a text message my phone no longer vibrates when the ringer switch is off. Even though I set the sounds and alerts to vibrate for text messages when the ringer switch is off. It worked as expected with the old WM5.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

I hope there is a fix - anyone?

Thanks,

-Frank

EDIT...! Now I find out it is intermittant. Sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only with texts. Incoming calls vibrate as expected. ???
    Last edited by Frankxs; 09/14/2008 at 10:39 PM.
    EDIT...! Now I find out it is intermittant. Sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only with texts. Incoming calls vibrate as expected. ???
    It's most likely because of what Verizon has done to muck up the ROM. There are tons of little bugs like this in their ROM, I cleaned up a LOT of them in my custom ROM's, but some I was unable to resolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's most likely because of what Verizon has done to muck up the ROM. There are tons of little bugs like this in their ROM, I cleaned up a LOT of them in my custom ROM's, but some I was unable to resolve.
    Okay, after much experimenting I found a workaround. I've narrowed this down to needing to have the alarm/notification volume tab not set to zero (one click up is enough). As long as that is not set to zero the vibrate for texts out/in works as expected.

The volume I'm speaking of is the vertical slider that appears on the left when you touch the hardware volume control. The phone call/earpiece volume (the one on the right) can be at zero, no problem. But the one on the left has to be off of zero at least one notch.

-Frank
    Hey all, I appreciate your help. I did the upgrade, pretty smoothly. I like to have my email sync through an exchange server with my work, no problems there. But I have my calendar, contacts, and Tasks sync through active sync. Reinstalled active sync and set up the partnership, but keep getting a error message about not enough free memory. I have done a soft reset, even uninstalled several programs I had installed, and currently have 39.11 of storage and 41.12 of program free space. Still getting the error message. Everything sync'd fine before the upgrade. Anyone know the fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by irondad View Post
    Reinstalled active sync and set up the partnership, but keep getting a error message about not enough free memory.
    This might be a little lame, but... do you have the most recent version of Active Sync? The Palm/Verizon page links here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

I know you probably do, but...

Also, did you try un-installing AS and then rebooting and then re-installing? Rather than just loading over the old copy?

Just some thioughts.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've decided I'm going to pass on this "official" ROM. I've been using your "Testing2" version for about 2 months and all has been great. I'd upgrade to the Testing5, but I think you said it's just got some cosmetic differences over Testing2?

Folks, if you're going to go to the trouble to flash your ROM, at least give Testing5 a shot. Compare to Verizon's official release and let us know which runs better (my money is on Ebag's).
    Yes, that is my boat.
    This might be a little lame, but... do you have the most recent version of Active Sync? The Palm/Verizon page links here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

I know you probably do, but...

Also, did you try un-installing AS and then rebooting and then re-installing? Rather than just loading over the old copy?

Just some thioughts.

-Frank
    Not lame, gave it a try and no luck, thanks though. Is it possible to reinstall the upgrade? I tried and it stopped and said cannot upgrade to the same version.
    in wm5, i don't think there was a "lag" while inputting a text message.

in wm6, i noticed there is a noticeable lag (i.e. i'm typing way faster than the characters are appearing on the screen) while inputting a text message.

anyone else notice that?
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    in wm5, i don't think there was a "lag" while inputting a text message.

in wm6, i noticed there is a noticeable lag (i.e. i'm typing way faster than the characters are appearing on the screen) while inputting a text message.

anyone else notice that?
    Not at all here. No issues. Hmm..

I had a completely stock version of WM5 and upgraded to WM6. So far I like it. I really like the spell check in text messages. I suppose a lot of ppl don't rly care abt that tho. Uh..., I kno U kno wht I mean? LOL.

-Frank
    OK, some of you may have read my replys explaining my problems doing the upgrade. I tried everything but pouring holy water on the PC and phone.

I finally decided to uninstall Windows Device Center. It turns out I had version 6 (can you see it coming?) and downloaded the latest version. You guessed it, Verion 6.1. Wel I installed and did a restart. Then I did a hard reset on the phone and started the process. Normally when I got the the screen that says to hook up your device and start the process I kept getting the screen to try again. This time I got the in process screen and the update went on it's merry way. Once completed, I did a soft reset; called
    *228; selected the option 2 and it worked. This was about 24 hours ago; no resets necessary but each time it wakes up it seems to get faster; who knows. I'm just happy it;s working.

Se La Vie
    I'm having the same problem as AR15.

My computer uses XP, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything including ActiveSync and Outlook, and I cannot get the computer to recognize my device at all.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jag1222 View Post
    I'm having the same problem as AR15.

My computer uses XP, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything including ActiveSync and Outlook, and I cannot get the computer to recognize my device at all.

Any ideas?
    I would suggest two things, do a restart on the PC after loading the new AS and do a hard reset on the phone before you start the update. These two things in combination worked for me.
    Not at all here. No issues. Hmm..

I had a completely stock version of WM5 and upgraded to WM6. So far I like it. I really like the spell check in text messages. I suppose a lot of ppl don't rly care abt that tho. Uh..., I kno U kno wht I mean? LOL.

-Frank
    I turned off Word Completion's "Suggest words when entering text" and "Enable Auto Correct" and the lag went away.

I think it's because i type super fast. I don't use the word completion stuff much so it's not a big deal. i end up typing fast enough that by the time i click on the auto completed word, i finish typing anyways.
    I've been waiting and hoping this would happen. While I read up on Ebag's custom ROM for WM6, I just can't get myself to do it. I used to have all the time to tinker and stuff, and how I just long for "stock" stuff. Makes me boring I guess.

So I'm anxious to try this, the VZW ROM, but I don't want to jump the gun.

Sounds like overall impressions are fairly positive.

I'm also assuming that the Palm Audio Patch does not need to be installed separately like it did with v1.22 of the updater. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks
    Does anyone know how to get the "Type a name or number" to disappear from the today screen when not in use like it use to do before I updated to WM6??
    Quote Originally Posted by jim700wx View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the "Type a name or number" to disappear from the today screen when not in use like it use to do before I updated to WM6??
    Go Under Menu on the Startup screen. You should have a Preferences tab, press that and then click on Hide Lookup field.
    Well I just did the update. I think I'm glad I did. Many new things to explore.

I did have my connection lost during the upgrade though. But the program knew what to tell me to do, which was to deactivate USB connections in ActiveSync, and restart the device. It resumed and finished. It then told me to reactivate USB connections. Did this occur for anyone else? I was tempted to reinstall the update again, if you can, to have one clean one, but I don't know if I should bother. I would imagine it would just happen again, as the phone was in the update process when it happened. I think it shut off on it's own, even though it had a power adapter installed. The ROM update screen was displayed at the time.
    Here's one thing I think they missed in testing at Palm...

I use the Lock feature, with a simple PIN password. In WM5, when the phone was locked, I could use the keypad (not the touchscreen) without having to hit the Option button first for each number entry. Since the password was simple PIN, the phone must have known and accepted the key entry as numeric.

But in WM6, I have to hit option, and it really slows you down. Very annoying. Does anyone else use this feature, and if so, can you test this on the VZ ROM WM6 upgrade and tell me if it behaves the same way for you?

Thanks