Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    True but I see posts where people have done it to a W with no problems... unless they mean WX when they write W?

Tdar and Jas O can you confirm you meant W and not WX?

Thanks,

Joe
    FrankXS or anyone else:

Is syncing with XP working?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachj View Post
    FrankXS or anyone else:

Is syncing with XP working?
    I'm using Vista here.

-Frank
    I have a 700wx with the latest 1.22 update. I never sync, other than as a guest to my laptop to use PDA net or to install 3rd party apps. I am using e-mail Outlook through a remote corporate server, so there is never any reason to sync.

Can this update be installed syncing up as a guest? Am I better off installing from an SD card? I assume the radio and ActiveSync should be turned off while doing an SD card based upgrade?

I know everything gets wiped including, I assume, all Outlook server settings. I have found the work network proxy server settings, but canít seem to find the master Outlook settings in rooting around the various menus. Any clue where I would find those?

I have Sprite. Will I be able to restore anything from my existing SD card Sprite backup?

I also have TomTom Navigator 6. The Palm site seems to warn that this will not work if you upgrade to WM 6. Anyone have any feedback on this one?

I would rather not have to go back to my IT guys if I donít have toóespecially since I have so many 3rd party apps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_mcp View Post
    True but I see posts where people have done it to a W with no problems... unless they mean WX when they write W?Joe
    You can use Ebagg's custom ROMs, which are fantastic. Follow the instrutions on the sticky thread in this forum. That'll get you WM6 on your W in a nice and cleaned up format, which will help with that low memory issue.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    I'm running Window XP, had activesync 4.5 installed, downloaded the update, removed the SD card, and followed the links instructions ... soft reset, then run 1.24 . took about 24 minutes .. followed up with the *228 ... 2 , and it's great.

I will have to reload my pocketmoney, no biggie

I had to reinstall the SDHC cab file to get back my 4GB SDHC card... works fine ..

I lost my Email-pop 3 setting, no biggie, will re-load that later.

FWIW...HIH...
    Regards, ^M^
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    are any of you guys getting that funky little box next to the "on-screen keyboard"?

just wondering if it's just me. is there any way to get rid of it?
    What funky little box? Can you describe exactly where you see it?

-Frank
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have been unable to get SMS delivery receipts since upgrading my 700wx to WM6. I even changed the registry setting SMSDeliveryNotify to 1 (and have a check box for delivery receipt in the message options) but I still never get a message receipt - and I always did in WM5.

Anyone have a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    What funky little box? Can you describe exactly where you see it?

-Frank

You need to use a WM6 style theme to see it... i prefer a classicblack theme(I don't see it)

The square is just left of the keyboard icon. the dot showing over it is my option key being pressed to take a screenshot.

Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    I learned this lesson the hard way. Sprite has a $10 upgrade deal from version 5 to version 6. Buy it, install into your WM 5 before the upgrade. Then reinstall and just install the personal databases, etc. (they have a guide on that). If you do that you will save yourself either a few gray hairs or pimples, or both!
    I've got the power! At least till my battery drains.
    Do I need to be at the .22 rev to run the WM6 trimmed rom from Ebagg?

I checked the thread but didn't see the answer either way....
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_mcp View Post
    True but I see posts where people have done it to a W with no problems... unless they mean WX when they write W?

Tdar and Jas O can you confirm you meant W and not WX?

Thanks,

Joe
    I did WX
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    The square is just left of the keyboard icon. the dot showing over it is my option key being pressed to take a screenshot.
    Ah... gotcha. Thanks.

Uh... about the screen capture... I've never paid any attention to that. But I push my option button and get the dot. So... after doing that, how do you save it somewhere?

-Frank
    So it says to download the exe file to your pc and run it from there. I got the BSOD and thought I bricked the phone. Well, pulled out the battery and viola, it came back, without the update. The error on the BSOD was something about a revision error. I have the latest 1.22 and the pc didnt go into saver mode or anything. Anyone know why this happened? Should I try again? Thanks.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    I just installed version 6.22, Thanks for the tip.

Can I restore my programs as well, or do they need to be separately loaded and reconfigured? Will Sprite allow a restore beyond the basic settings from WM5 to WM6?

Quote Originally Posted by avocat View Post
    I learned this lesson the hard way. Sprite has a $10 upgrade deal from version 5 to version 6. Buy it, install into your WM 5 before the upgrade. Then reinstall and just install the personal databases, etc. (they have a guide on that). If you do that you will save yourself either a few gray hairs or pimples, or both!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    You need to use a WM6 style theme to see it... i prefer a classicblack theme(I don't see it)

Anybody have an idea what this is? Mine is the same (without the dot, of course). THanks.
    Anyone know whether these will work with the WM6 upgrade?
    the little dot is because i map my option+start button to a screen capture utility that i use.

http://www.valksoft.com/ScrCapture.html
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Is the update WM 6 or 6.1?
    Does the WM6 1.24 need the DST update to be applied also?

-Frank