Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_mcp View Post
    Does it have enough memory or is it too anemic?

Thanks,

Joe
    The phone shows about 56 megs clear and the cards are 500mbyte to 4 gigabyte. I tried the battery change; no luck. I'm reluctant to do a hard reset because I would have to reload all my programs if it didn't work but I would have to do that if it did work so that's my next try. After that, I saved 6 M 80's from July 4 and might consider that alternative.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Does it have enough memory or is it too anemic?

Thanks,

Joe
    I don't see any slow down. I have mine fully load and 7 programs running still have 23MB free
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    The phone shows about 56 megs clear and the cards are 500mbyte to 4 gigabyte. I tried the battery change; no luck. I'm reluctant to do a hard reset because I would have to reload all my programs if it didn't work but I would have to do that if it did work so that's my next try. After that, I saved 6 M 80's from July 4 and might consider that alternative.
    I just tried on my wife's computer and it still will not recongize the 1.24 Updater. I then backed up my phone and did a hard reset and tried again both desktop and SD loader and no luck so I guess I have something screwy with this particular phone. Unless someone has any other ideas, I plan to wait a month and buy the 800w from Verizon.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    Unless someone has any other ideas, I plan to wait a month and buy the 800w from Verizon.
    Source for VZW selling the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    Source for VZW selling the 800w?
    I received this email repsonse back from Verizon regarding my question about WM6 update plus Samsung i770 and Palm 800w release. The fact that he did not deny either and plus the fact he gave me the link to the WM6 updater before I saw it anywhere else just gave me the feeling that it would be soon. I also have seen posted on the web Verizon internal slides showing the Samsung and the Palm as being on their schedule for release early 4th quarter.

Here is the response back from Verizon; make your own determination:

Regarding the Samsung I770 or Palm 800w, at this time, we are unable to state if or when the Samsung I770 or Palm 800w will be offered to Verizon Wireless customers because no information has been released on these devices. If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "Sign up for email updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage.
    so far, i <3 wm6. in addition to my last post on pros/cons

pros:
    * native support of longer than 160 char txt messages
    * theme with gradient looks badass
    * the new notification beeps sound nice
    * faster in some operations

cons:
    * slightly sluggish in other operations (notably IE, html e-mail, etc...)
    are any of you guys getting that funky little box next to the "on-screen keyboard"?

just wondering if it's just me. is there any way to get rid of it?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    are any of you guys getting that funky little box next to the "on-screen keyboard"?
    Now that's just too funny. That "box" has been on the cooked ROMs since they came out months ago. I guess there is no reason for me to run this upgrade as I already have it.

Coredump - you should try Ebagg's "Testing 5" ROM. I think you'll find it has all the features you like of WM6, plus it will run much faster (all the "tweaks & tricks" are already included, plus extra "junk" removed).
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just loaded the 1.24 WM6 update and it id MUCH quicker than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Now that's just too funny. That "box" has been on the cooked ROMs since they came out months ago. I guess there is no reason for me to run this upgrade as I already have it.

Coredump - you should try Ebagg's "Testing 5" ROM. I think you'll find it has all the features you like of WM6, plus it will run much faster (all the "tweaks & tricks" are already included, plus extra "junk" removed).
    oic.

just out of curiosity, does ebagg's rom have that "box"? man that box is bugging the **** outta me, lol. looks like i got a giant dead pixel.
    i find it annoying that they changed the buttons for new/menu to delete/menu in the messaging application. or is it just me?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    just out of curiosity, does ebagg's rom have that "box"? man that box is bugging the **** outta me, lol. looks like i got a giant dead pixel.
    Yes, it does. Ebagg's ROM is based on the same one you just loaded, and that glitch carries over. But it's been stripped of unneeded "crap" and tweaked to near perfection. There are also a good number of additional programs included I find very handy.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Just to chime in on a positive note...

I just did the upgrade and all went well. Used the PC/USB cable. Tried the SD card first but got the message that not all files were available (hmm). Anyway, the traditional method worked fine.

I'm happy with the upgrade. I like email html support. Don't really notice any difference in speed myself. Maybe faster, but probably just my imagination.

After the upgrade I deleted the partnership on the PC and then configured a new partnership. After that all my contacts/notes/favorites etc. were sync'd successfully (450+ contacts).

Then I re-loaded the only 3rd party app I have on my phone, which I use all the time in my IT consulting business - Google Maps. Couldn't live without it.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 09/11/2008 at 09:16 PM.
    just finished update little bit snappier. Hmmmm should i keep the 800w? Tough one...
    Haven't tried anything else much. I mainly use my phone for txt messaging. The phone is more sluggish but personally I think it's still bearable.[/QUOTE]

Phone use and GPS mapping seem faster on my end but poutlook in general a bit slower.

Bluetooth dialing waiting for long-neglected headset to charge...
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmInfocenter View Post
    Anyone who upgraded... Can you confirm what version of WM6 it installs?

I'm wondering if its 6.0 or the latest 6.1
    Freaking awesome so far.
    EXCEPT, they changed a couple of things for the WORSE, IMO...
    1. When in the Text Messages Inbox, the left soft key is no longer "new", but delete (if there are messages).
    2. From the Today screen, if you choose "Messaging", you have to then choose which mail (Text/Outlook/MMS, etc...) to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by treythompson View Post
    Freaking awesome so far.
    EXCEPT, they changed a couple of things for the WORSE, IMO...
    1. When in the Text Messages Inbox, the left soft key is no longer "new", but delete (if there are messages).
    2. From the Today screen, if you choose "Messaging", you have to then choose which mail (Text/Outlook/MMS, etc...) to go to.
    That's so f'ing annoying.

2.) There's an option to turn that off in the messaging program.
    Just to add a data point...I did the SD update on my 700W and it's working great. If fact it seems to be FASTER.
    I have spare 700w that has been dropped several times and I'm going to try it out on that one before I do it to my real phone. I will try over the weekend report progress.

Thanks,

Joe
    I have spare 700w that has been dropped several times and I'm going to try it out on that one before I do it to my real phone. I will try over the weekend report progress.

Thanks,

Joe
    The update is for the wx not the w.

-Frank
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast