Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    Just checked...

filesize for the NapaBoth.nb0 is EXACTLY the same as the stock WM6 rom i have been using.
    That probably means they didn't clean it up at all?
    Yes, that is my boat.
    OK, I'v tried for the past two hours to do the update. Windows Mobile device says my unit is connected and synched. I run the updater and it says I don't have the right sync program. What gives; anyone else having this problem or is it just my normal luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    OK, I'v tried for the past two hours to do the update. Windows Mobile device says my unit is connected and synched. I run the updater and it says I don't have the right sync program. What gives; anyone else having this problem or is it just my normal luck.
    do the SD updater. You don't have to worry about your pc losing power or any cables coming loose during the update.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    The SD updater asked me to do a *228 to re-program my phone. I did so and option 1 tells me it my phone cannot be programmed and to call verizon. Option 2 works.

Phone works fine. I called verizon anyhow and the guy ends up telling me some story about treos being cloned and that option 1 will only work once..when you first program your phone. Can anybody else with a Verizon 700wx do a *228 option 1 and have it work?

Thanks
    Last edited by ebedoun; 09/10/2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    When the 1.24 update was completed the final instructions were to dial *228 and hit option 2. Option 1 was never mentioned.

As a side note, wm6 seems to be on par or even a bit snappier than wm5 overall. The downside, however, was my wm5 sprite backup didn't restore to wm6. At least I was strongly encouraged not to try it. I was still able to re-sync and get all my numbers, appointments, e-mail addresses, etc...
    I did the update with the USB cord and everything seemed fine.

Now, I can't get Activesync to work. It says it connected on the desktop, but it won't sync.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15 View Post
    I did the update with the USB cord and everything seemed fine.

Now, I can't get Activesync to work. It says it connected on the desktop, but it won't sync.

Any ideas?
    right click the activesync icon in the tray and make sure USB connections are checked.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    everything is working great for me so far....

no complaints other then I want the pro ...lol
    A couple of things for me.

DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT! God I hope this doesn't mean that the 800 or Pro are not coming to Verizon. I am really anxious to hear that one of these is coming to VZW. I would prefer the 800, since from what I have read it still includes the Palm tweaks that enhance one-handed operation. From what I have read the Pro does not include those tweaks. But I digress.

Second, can anyone confirm that this includes SDHC card support and up to what size. My cooked ROM does 8GB SDHC. I would hate to use the official WM6 from VZW and find that I can't use my card anymore.
    TONS faster for me.
    Verizon said you can't do *228 option 1 because you aren't reactivating your account, and they've disabled that. Option 2 is what you need. (I think the docs say that.
    right click the activesync icon in the tray and make sure USB connections are checked.
    I'm still not syncing. I deleted my partnership, and now I can't get it back. I uninstalled Activesync 4.5, reinstalled, rebooted, and still the same thing.

The device connects, but doesn't sync. This is a real pisser simce it's been working fine before the upgrade. Now, I have the new Windows version, but no contacts, appointments, email etc.
    Last edited by ar15; 09/11/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15 View Post
    I'm still not syncing. I deleted my partnership, and now I can't get it back. I uninstalled Activesync 4.5, reinstalled, rebooted, and still the same thing.

The device connects, but doesn't sync. This is a real pisser simce it's been working fine before the upgrade. Now, I have the new Windows version, but no contacts, appointments, email etc.

I struggled with this for a little bit too. All you have to do is open the "Windows Mobile Device Center" in the control panel, not to be confused with the "Active Sync" icon down in the task tray. It will ask you to check which items you want to sync when you connect your phone and then create a new sync partnership. It will probably read some thing like "mytreoname 2". In my case it read "Scubamike's Smartphone 2". After that I could sync up like a champ. I am using Vista so my circumstances might be different, but I encountered the exact same problem, no ability to sync, but I could see that my phone was connected and browse it's file structure.
    Anyone who upgraded... Can you confirm what version of WM6 it installs?

I'm wondering if its 6.0 or the latest 6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by scubamike View Post
    I struggled with this for a little bit too. All you have to do is open the "Windows Mobile Device Center" in the control panel, not to be confused with the "Active Sync" icon down in the task tray. It will ask you to check which items you want to sync when you connect your phone and then create a new sync partnership. It will probably read some thing like "mytreoname 2". In my case it read "Scubamike's Smartphone 2". After that I could sync up like a champ. I am using Vista so my circumstances might be different, but I encountered the exact same problem, no ability to sync, but I could see that my phone was connected and browse it's file structure.
    Windows Mobile Device Center is a Vista program. I'm running XP.

This is frustrating me to no end, as it was syncing fine before the upgrade.
    also... can someone explain why M$ hasn't repaired basic errors in 2 years and 9 months?

two contacts:
    Jane Doe, 800-555-1212
    John Doe, 800-555-1212

type in "john doe" and choose his num and dial... when the call comes up it says "Jane Doe". and that's what is in the call log also...

i'm a programmer, I know the problem. what I don't get is why they haven't fixed it.
    when are they gonna have one for sprint?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    No Sprint 700wx update?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mendez77054 View Post
    when are they gonna have one for sprint?
    Sprint already got one. It's called the 800w.
    Last edited by mixman; 09/11/2008 at 12:25 PM.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    do the SD updater. You don't have to worry about your pc losing power or any cables coming loose during the update.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried three USB cables, numerous downloads of the updater, 3 SD cards verified that they are formatted to Fat32; nothing.

On the desktop loader, it keeps telling me to disconnect, connect and try again. On the SD loader, it keeps telling me that the card isn't in or it isn't formatted to Fat32.

The only thing I haven't tried is to take the battery out anf put back in and to try a hard reset and start with a clean slate. I'll give each a try and see what happens. If anyone has any ideas in the meantime, give me a PM.
    Does it have enough memory or is it too anemic?

Thanks,

Joe
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast